Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
There are plans of every level of the current wooden stand (you always have to supply plans showing what is there now with a planning application) - these are marked as existing

The various floor levels of the replacement stand are the plans shown as proposed

The lower tier seating deck is pretty enormous, so is spread across several different plans

I have had a really close look at these for you

The proposed ground floor plan shows seating in rows 1 and 2

The proposed mezzanine floor plan shows 15 rows of seats, in rows 1-15. Rows 13-15 in the approximate 'Stephensons' position are shaded pink (ie Hospitality seats)

The proposed first floor plan shows rows 1-24

The proposed second floor plan shows a further 10 rows of seating - which are all hospitality seating in the 'Stephenson' locations. So on this plan you can see rows 25 - 34

I don't know where the other Lower Tier rows are, yet if you look at the the drawing 'Section AA', it does say Lower Tier 40 rows, Middle Tier 4 rows, Upper Tier 37 rows, so a bit odd.

From looking at it myself, anything reasonably high and central in the lower tier is earmarked as Hospitality.
Thanks for the time you've put in to go through my musings, Dorking, it's appreciated. I agree, the cross-section plan does state 40 rows. Quite how we're going to shoe-horn an extra seven rows in to a space that does not appear to significantly exceed the existing footprint and also give us extra leg room is anyone's guess!

If I'm honest, given the thinking behind SP's effort to increase the revenue from Stephenson Lounge season ticket holders when he tried to impose the compulsory £100 bar 'surcharge' on us, it was always inevitable that our situation would change hugely come the new stand. I guess we will just have to wait and see what options we will be given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
We’ve been wondering the same.

The way I see it, I’m glad they’re reconfiguring the seating as the lack of legroom was uncomfortable. Looking at the plans, we think ‘our’ seats might still be available to us, as we don’t sit at the back.

I anticipate that my group will want to stay together there, and I suspect many of the people around us will feel the same. Whilst we might not know everyone’s names, we’ve been chatting for years and there is no ‘beef’ with anyone...
This is very much my situation too. I moved up to the back from row 20 about 15 years ago and it will be a sad day should we end up scattered the length of the stand.

Quote:
...We’ve also worked out that some of us (though not me) will probably go past 65 before this opens, so the concession rate could help soften the blow.
I hadn't considered this. By the time it's finished I won't be far off it either... it might make the difference between me staying a season ticket holder or not.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 16-02-2018, 06:43 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Bollocks. You move in by a football stadium, you take your chances. I'd take the same line with the nimby divs in Crystal Palace too. Hopefully a corrupt mayor will flog that site to the Chinese or something and they turn the stadium into a massive gambling, opium, prostitution den.
Agree. Similar to moving near an airport and complaining about, er planes.
Old 16-02-2018, 06:50 PM

Tele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTele Caster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Agree. Similar to moving near an airport and complaining about, er planes.
So my parents bought their house in the 1970s near the runway of a flying club. That has now become an international airport despite being situated in a completely ludicrous location. Have they no right to complain?
There are always some reasons for nimbys to have valid arguments. Few of us would agree that Selhurst is the best location for our ground if CP park was in anyway viable.
Old 16-02-2018, 06:52 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele Caster View Post
So my parents bought their house in the 1970s near the runway of a flying club. That has now become an international airport despite being situated in a completely ludicrous location. Have they no right to complain?
There are always some reasons for nimbys to have valid arguments. Few of us would agree that Selhurst is the best location for our ground if CP park was in anyway viable.
That is extremely unfortunate, but I was thinking more along the lines of moving close to Heathrow airport or suchlike and then getting upset. For the record I live under the flight path of city airport which at times is a pain in ass but made my choices and have to live with it
Old 16-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Ah man, you make me sound like Noades!
Ron Celtic
Old 16-02-2018, 07:10 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
If I lived there, I'd be tearing them flags down double quick. Parish will halve the compensation and squander the profits on goalkeepers.
Its not his fault he's addicted to buying goalies, its an illness.
Old 16-02-2018, 07:15 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
20 Wooderson Close have just objected
20 Wooderson Close = Archway Steel 2018 remix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 16-02-2018, 07:18 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
20 Wooderson Close = Archway Steel 2018 remix.
Give me a chance to insure the bastard first.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 16-02-2018, 07:18 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele Caster View Post
You started your post with "so" now I'm crossing my fingers that their driveway becomes a runway.
Old 16-02-2018, 07:20 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Ron Celtic
The similarity ends once you discount the fact that we both drink human blood.
Old 16-02-2018, 07:26 PM
Doucoure Enjoyer

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
I have friends of the family in Wooderson Close, I have not discussed the proposals with them, but like you say, I would have a huge amount of sympathy with them, as the houses that are subject to demolition provided a bit of barrier between the properties facing Holmesdale Road and the existing Main Stand,

They now face upwards of three years of living on top of a building site with all the noise and disruption that will bring and when the Stand is finished they will have a large seven storey building glaring at their home and on matchdays hundreds if not thousands of fans milling about only yards from their front door where before they at least had the seclusion of the houses facing the Main Stand giving them a degree of privacy.

Ultimately, it is Housing Association property and I’m not sure how far they can take their objection without the backing of the HA and other residents.

It’s a moral dilema as I have been going to Palace for decades and can well remember the old school that used to be on the site of Wooderson Close and personally feel that no houses should have been built on the land when it was closed in the 1980s.

The bottom line is that however much we feel as supporters of Palace that the development should go ahead, these are peoples homes and the development will have a huge impact on their lives, either making them move, which may not he ideal for their own working and family lives or having to put up with far more disruption to their living space than they have known up to know.

I know not everyone will agree with me, but I do think we should show a bit of empathy to their situation and I think it’s only fair that
the club does it’s best to help meet their concerns.
5 storey building*

Isn’t it?
Gamertag: Baarnzz

Last edited by james powell; 16-02-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 16-02-2018, 07:29 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by james powell View Post
5 storey building*
* Pile of corporate wank

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 16-02-2018, 07:41 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Over 2k supports now
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 16-02-2018, 08:19 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Conversely, if Palace had folded in 2010, the local residents would be applauding their new multi-plex cinema/ bowling centre/leisure centre and enlarged Sainsbury's.
More likely they would have had a massive housing estate, with additional foot/car traffic all day/every day.
Improving Selhurst could be a good deal for everyone. Just sell the idea in the right way.
Old 16-02-2018, 08:22 PM

CJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is hereCJ PLUM Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
They objected a couple of hours or so ago unless they’ve objected twice!
They do appear to have objected twice as the original was listed as Wooden Close SE25 6PU which does not exist. it is possible to register 2 objections online if they are different email addresses.

Even I would register an objection if I lived there, despite being hugely in favour, in order to maximise any compensation.
Old 16-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ PLUM View Post
They do appear to have objected twice as the original was listed as Wooden Close SE25 6PU which does not exist. it is possible to register 2 objections online if they are different email addresses.

Even I would register an objection if I lived there, despite being hugely in favour, in order to maximise any compensation.
I do hope this will be identified.
Old 16-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Banned by Moderators

andreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just do what Tottenham did and burn it down!
Old 16-02-2018, 08:42 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
The Club will have to reach deep into its pockets to satisfy the owners in Wooderson Close, but anything is possible with enough money. Tell them, here's a new house for you and Jordan Mutch's wages for the next six months and watch them all become very happy indeed
Old 16-02-2018, 08:50 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
The Club will have to reach deep into its pockets to satisfy the owners in Wooderson Close, but anything is possible with enough money. Tell them, here's a new house for you and Jordan Mutch's wages for the next six months and watch them all become very happy indeed
^^^ Sorry, but that won't happen.

Business is business and you don't keep rich by giving money away
Old 16-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
The Club will have to reach deep into its pockets to satisfy the owners in Wooderson Close, but anything is possible with enough money.
Luckily for Palace, only one house has an owner. The other 5 are Council owned, and the criteria for dealing with those is pretty clear - replace the property, and a little bit of money for the tenants.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013