Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:49 PM

EL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think the new stand works on all sorts of levels and the build is something that can be achieved with out closing the current main stand,it increase capacity by c. 8,000 and facilites for both players and corporate and will make a statemnt as to where the club is going. I cannot think of any building project of this size in South London since the last Crystal palace burnt down

The section 106 agreement(money for the council is apparently all that is holding up final agreement with Croydon).

The mayor will then be under pressure not to call it in.

I suspect that Sainsbury will not want to obviously stand in the way of development either. I suspect that this will move forward later this year.

I am not moving to the new stand but hard to justify a downside.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:56 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
For a new stadium

We want one stand that will have zero impact on the vast majority and will generate relatively low incomes but only if we are at full capacity week in week out

As Elgin has said from the start, it is a bodge but one that is good for the prawn sandwich gangs
I don't really get this thinking. If you sit in the main stand currently you are paying a premium price for a not so premium product. They will be in there and many of us that currently don't want to pay for the compromised product will almost certainly move to there and pay for a more expensive ticket.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:59 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by libran View Post
All a shame really, Crystal Palace Park is the one. I don't understand the objections from local businesses, surely they'd be making a killing with the extra people in the area. Park and ride schemes could also be rolled out to deal with traffic. Are residents of South Norwood really currently that affected by extra people on match days? I think the local palace residents have overblown any potential impact.
Sadly the local residents are the problem and are just like Unionists in Northern Ireland, No Surrender. The park and old stadium are deteriorating badly. We could have been the thing to transform the whole area - buses galore with own station, and several other stations nearby. Sadly it won't happen.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:05 PM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL JIMBO View Post
I suspect that Sainsbury will not want to obviously stand in the way of development either. I suspect that this will move forward later this year.
I suspect that negotiating a deal with them IS the biggest issue!
Old 07-02-2019, 04:08 PM
Budding Archaeologist

marky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
OK so basically we can forget about a new stand indefinitely.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:08 PM

costello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
I suspect that negotiating a deal with them IS the biggest issue!
What will change for Sainsbury's as part of the redevelopment?
Old 07-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Sadly the local residents are the problem and are just like Unionists in Northern Ireland, No Surrender. The park and old stadium are deteriorating badly. We could have been the thing to transform the whole area - buses galore with own station, and several other stations nearby. Sadly it won't happen.
They would rather see the thing continue to decay. And the lack of a proper strategic council lead is also an issue. Instead of seeing things as an opportunity, they see only drawbacks. 20 match days a season, spread out over different days of the week. In return for local investment and an asset fro the community.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:30 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
FFS. Then how many years, if ever, before the Arthur is looked at? The WH? Jesus wept, the pace of shit in this country.

I don't fancy us as this dynamic stand alone country after Brexit if this is an example. One sodding stand, at an existing bloody ground.
It will probably take at least a decade to get Selhurst where we want it to be..

That the Whitehorse was 1993

And the Holmesdale 1995

It's hoped that the next project, will be the 50 year old khazi that the Arfur has sadly become
Old 07-02-2019, 04:49 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
They own the land - They will want to be paid to sell it to the Club as it will then stop being their land. This could have considerable impact on their ability to develop their remaining land should they have wanted to in the future.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:50 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
They would rather see the thing continue to decay. And the lack of a proper strategic council lead is also an issue. Instead of seeing things as an opportunity, they see only drawbacks. 20 match days a season, spread out over different days of the week. In return for local investment and an asset fro the community.
Far more important for them to have somewhere for the dog to take a dump, couldn't possibly have all that disruption for a couple of hours once a fortnight.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:53 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Interesting stuff, although it does actually back up my point that getting a CPO (from the council) will be difficult. What it seems you are saying is that Sainsburys can hold the club to ransom over that patch of land regardless, which is annoying when you think how little they probably paid for it.

Other than paying them full whack how does the club get around it?
They pay them full whack - that is how it works in business. Alternatively if they can offer them something they want in exchange that would obviously be an alternative way of paying.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:08 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Sains have leverage and a lot of it. I'd be disappointed in them if they didn't use it!

Unfortunately, as we've been public in our previous frustrations, both with Selhurst and lack of other available sites, the cards are stacked in their favour. Frustrating, but I don't think we've been as tactical as we could've been.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:13 PM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
They own the land - They will want to be paid to sell it to the Club as it will then stop being their land. This could have considerable impact on their ability to develop their remaining land should they have wanted to in the future.
I don’t think anyone would be surprised that that branch is not one of their most successful. Either they are going to have to expand it into some sort of Superstore or maybe give up that site altogether. It badly needs refurbishing whatever.
I’d have thought it was in their best interests to cooperate with the club about a joint redevelopment that benefits both parties. It can’t be in Sainsbury’s long term interests to see a slow decline. We’ve got enough of that in the centre of Croydon!
Old 07-02-2019, 05:25 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
I don’t think anyone would be surprised that that branch is not one of their most successful. Either they are going to have to expand it into some sort of Superstore or maybe give up that site altogether. It badly needs refurbishing whatever.
I’d have thought it was in their best interests to cooperate with the club about a joint redevelopment that benefits both parties. It can’t be in Sainsbury’s long term interests to see a slow decline. We’ve got enough of that in the centre of Croydon!
That would be the sensible outcome .
Old 07-02-2019, 05:49 PM
A Fish without a Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
That would be the sensible outcome .
Of course if they could force the club to relocate due to being intransigent then they could develop the car park with a nice little housing estate ££££££££££
Old 07-02-2019, 05:50 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:
I would suggest the residents in CP opposed to everything and anything probably need to be careful as they will end up with something they really don’t want – like a high density, high impact development on the Athletics stadium and sports centre probably with a school chucked in, lots of affordable housing and car free and the Mayor will just overrule the local council if they object. The Mayors office is keeping a very close eye on this site – lets see if the sports centre is still open in 18 months time – I have my doubts
Old 07-02-2019, 05:59 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
The fact their customer entrance will be bricked over and their deliveries lorry park is used for storing construction materials. (not really)
Sainsbury's will slowly be backed into a corner, unless they open constructive dialogue very soon. In as much as they can part of the process to incorporate a new store into the stadium, or they can try to hold their nerve and get CPFC's architects to make things as difficult as possible for the store.

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 07-02-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:01 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
CROYDON ARENA!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Gland View Post
CROYDON ARENA!!!!!!!!
I believe that, like so many other sites put forward, was dismissed as a non-starter
Old 07-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
In a way the club boobed twice..

First, Bloye selling out to Sainsbury's

Secondly, Noadey not getting the Lady Eldridge