Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-03-2019, 02:05 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Strange as you're usually so positive about everything to do with the club...
Yep .
Old 03-03-2019, 02:06 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoonara View Post
I appreciate that, but my point was , that now is the time to buy the houses.Especially as it would be an investment rather than throwing money away, so that if and when the time comes,we will have very little opposition to a stand whose roof could well be ten metres higher than present.
Residents would still have right to light though, whether they were our tenants or not. I don’t think being a landlord would effect that, as it’s a planning consideration that shouldn’t be hugely effected by whether the tenants kick up a fuss about it.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:22 PM

Swoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Residents would still have right to light though, whether they were our tenants or not. I don’t think being a landlord would effect that, as it’s a planning consideration that shouldn’t be hugely effected by whether the tenants kick up a fuss about it.
The club could/ would empty the houses before planning.Once it is built they can re let/ sell the properties.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:29 PM

Staines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Off topic but Lionel Road,Brentford is coming along nicely.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:37 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
I wouldn’t say the holmesdale is a shed .
It's never looked finished to me, and great chunks of concourse that could have alleviated the overcrowding issues, and potentially housed facilities to increase match day revenue, have never been in a fit state to use. Shed is a reasonable description.

Last edited by Stellavista; 04-03-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:22 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staines Eagle View Post

Off topic but Lionel Road,Brentford is coming along nicely.
I like it. Quirky angled roofs and corners from the start, shoehorned in between angled roads and a railway line. Hopefully a boxy, tight atmosphere like Loftus Road.

When our new stand gets going I hope we get updates like that
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 04-03-2019, 07:29 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
When our new stand gets going I hope we get updates like that
If it gets going i suspect we'll get more updates than we know what to do with!
Old 04-03-2019, 07:52 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
If it gets going i suspect we'll get more updates than we know what to do with!
Pray for Elgin .
Old 04-03-2019, 12:22 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I noticed Burnley had some construction going on. Will we ever do any ground improvements involving a new stand? It is embarrassing that so many lower league teams are building new grounds and stands and we are not.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:24 PM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I noticed Burnley had some construction going on. Will we ever do any ground improvements involving a new stand? It is embarrassing that so many lower league teams are building new grounds and stands and we are not.
Yep, filling in a corner. This could have been done at the Holmesdale End in 2013.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:50 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
I assume that they probably own where the works are being carried out? Which might make it easier.

AS far as anyone envious of Brentfords new ground - really you need to take a long hard look at yourself if you'd rather we played in something that looks like a Westfield shopping centre

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Griffin Park has a pub at each corner - at the new stadium it looks like you might be able to get a nice latte probably with a choice of different syrups and sprinkles instead.

I have just found notes of a consultation between fans and the owners representative about fans involvement in the new stadium they are here

If you skim read them NR is the rep for the owners - he shuts down just about every suggestion they make to try and include character - there is no money, no space, we were going to have a museum but now we aren't (takes up too much valuable retail space I expect). I am glad its not us.

Last edited by sw16girl; 04-03-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:04 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
I assume that they probably own where the works are being carried out? Which might make it easier.

AS far as anyone envious of Brentfords new ground - really you need to take a long hard look at yourself if you'd rather we played in something that looks like a Westfield shopping centre

Griffin Park has a pub at each corner - at the new stadium it looks like you might be able to get a nice latte probably with a choice of different syrups and sprinkles instead.

I have just found notes of a consultation between fans and the owners representative about fans involvement in the new stadium they are here

If you skim read them NR is the rep for the owners - he shuts down just about every suggestion they make to try and include character - there is no money, no space, we were going to have a museum but now we aren't (takes up too much valuable retail space I expect). I am glad its not us.
I never knew that Brentford were Premier League Ready as well!
Old 04-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
They are filling in two corners, primarily to accommodate wheelchair users. Apparently, the ground was one of the worst for accessibility. This was supposed to happen last year but there were some issues. Should be good facilities, rather than the usual crappy pitch level seats at many grounds.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
...If you skim read them NR is the rep for the owners - he shuts down just about every suggestion they make to try and include character - there is no money, no space, we were going to have a museum but now we aren't (takes up too much valuable retail space I expect). I am glad its not us.
Land development always surprises for what they do on a patch of land, but having gone through that area a lot at one time, still can't get my head round building a stadium in that space.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:40 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:

Agreed. Without becoming all smug and elitist, the new ground is something I might be excited about if I were a Brentford fan as it's a step up from what they have and enhances potential income / facilities. However, that's only from the vicarious perspective of a club unlikely to establish itself at Premier League level. Should they do that, they will be back to square one with the stadium issue, while the new stand we are proposing will approach holding as many fans as Brentford's new stadium.

Besides, direct comparisons with other clubs are pointless. I'm jealous of Spurs, about to inherit possibly the best stadium in the country ( my vote anyway ) but they were fortunate enough, one way or another, to get land right beside their ground, with scope to be as ambitious as they liked, as opposed to our heavily hamstrung situation here.

I'm in the camp believing that the stand would be a great leap forward. I think we will get some kind of resolution with Sainsbury to develop the WH to mirror the Holmesdale. When that's done, I don't think the stadium will look that unbalanced and will hold enough for us unless we genuinely become a superclub. Should we require 50K+, we'll have the muscle to develop AW.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:56 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post

Should we require 50K+, we'll have the muscle to develop AW.
Unlikely I would say, unless there is a massive shift to public transport use over the next few years, and major improvements to the local rail stations and services.....

….from the Design and Access statement:

"A desktop assessment of the road network capacity suggests that in excess of 42,000 spectators would be able to comfortably access and egress the ground and it’s surrounding area"
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 04-03-2019, 04:08 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Unlikely I would say, unless there is a massive shift to public transport use over the next few years, and major improvements to the local rail stations and services.....

"A desktop assessment of the road network capacity suggests that in excess of 42,000 spectators would be able to comfortably access and egress the ground and it’s surrounding area"
Doesn't that define a figure above 42,000? Therefore making a 50K stadium viable?

Still, it's true we have bigger obstacles to overcome than any other club I know of in order to have a stadium worthy of our present status. But that's the Palace way.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:16 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Doesn't that define a figure above 42,000? Therefore making a 50K stadium viable?

Still, it's true we have bigger obstacles to overcome than any other club I know of in order to have a stadium worthy of our present status. But that's the Palace way.
I think it would be a tough ask to get more that 42,000 on the whole site 'footprint' unless Sainsburys supermarket in completely demolished

Old 04-03-2019, 04:26 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoonara View Post
The club could/ would empty the houses before planning.Once it is built they can re let/ sell the properties.
I’m not certain that would make any legal difference because they’d still be residential dwellings with planning conditions that provide certain protection.

The only small advantage in your scenario I can see is that we wouldn’t have to deal with a vociferous objector who might be resident in them.

You’re talking about a lot of houses and the prices in Thornton Heath are way above those of the Liverpool model.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:

....and look how often our wonderful local rail services aren’t running to the ground anyway!

We could spend loads helping to upgrade stations, but there seems to be little guarantee in return that the service will be good enough. That aspect is out of our hands.