Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-05-2019, 08:23 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
What investment is that? If you add up all the transfers in the last 2 windows it doesn't come close to 35. And you know all the payments are spread out over the term of the contract, so in reality the club probably spent less than 10m. All the money is being wasted on inflated salaries.
Clearly don’t understand accountancy
Old 25-05-2019, 08:30 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
Not true surely!?

Zaha, Benteke and who else? Please name them.
Sakho. These aren’t the drain ( benteke aside ). Zaha is worth 5 schlupps yet is paid about double.
Old 25-05-2019, 08:33 PM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not true surely!?

I would think Sakho is one of them?
Old 25-05-2019, 09:47 PM

Philipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is here
And Meyer around £100k according to rumours at the time as free agent
Old 25-05-2019, 09:51 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
And Meyer around £100k according to rumours at the time as free agent
The journalists who tend to be more in know about palace refuted that figure. Here Fifield quotes 80k. Still high of course.
Old 25-05-2019, 09:59 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not true surely!?

Sakho and Meyer i think?

(Whoops just seen previous posts.)
Old 25-05-2019, 11:24 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I can’t believe that Meyer would be around that figure, personally. Yes he was a free and also highly regarded but he was also a wildcard.
Old 25-05-2019, 11:54 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Meyer’s on 80kish is he not? That’s at least what I remember the reputable sources saying when we signed him.
Old 25-05-2019, 11:55 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
The journalists who tend to be more in know about palace refuted that figure. Here Fifield quotes 80k. Still high of course.
Didn’t see this, but yep, pretty much.
Old 26-05-2019, 12:22 AM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I can’t believe that Meyer would be around that figure, personally. Yes he was a free and also highly regarded but he was also a wildcard.
He's much more of a docile-card since we agreed to pay him £80k per week
Old 26-05-2019, 01:44 AM

audreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
As Steve Parish alluded to in his recent pod (To view the link you have to Register or Login), we're now 24th in the table of biggest turn over in the world. I know we often look back and say 'look where we were then', but this really hits home how far we have come in the last decade as a club.

Here are some links and the report.

(page 6)
To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login
i just wanted to see a list of "Biggest clubs in the feckin world" listed 1-30 with our name at 24 and Brighton somewhere like 142....I couldn't see it...and now i feel sad that we are on a list in there somewhere where only accountant and financial people can find and understand it....and then i remembered the soul of our club and hoped it was still in the list somewhere and then I felt sad
Old 26-05-2019, 02:10 AM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I think he might be getting a basic salary of 80k but once you factor in the signing on fee it equates to about 120k over the length of his 3 year contract. I read somewhere we were going to do four years which would've been something like £35 million in total but I guess weren't willing to risk it so did three.

His agent is something of a German Raiola from what I gather, we got had a little bit there.

Any itks feel free to challenge that, it's not something I particularly want to be true.
Old 26-05-2019, 02:33 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Meyer’s on 80kish is he not? That’s at least what I remember the reputable sources saying when we signed him.
Yeah just under
Old 26-05-2019, 02:47 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Back on track here... I'm no money man, but surely the linked report is "only" showing income, and does not include expenditure? The term "turnover" being the equivalent of sales in a normal business, and has nothing to do with profit.

When taking in the cost of sales (in this case expenditure like wages) the income becomes relevant.

If you sell a restored car for $10,000, but had spent $11,000 restoring it.... same with Palace - they maybe 24 in the world in income, but probably 20 in expenditure, thus the net loss.

I dare say in a net profit/loss table of European top league teams we would be in the bottom 100!
Old 26-05-2019, 03:03 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
I don’t worry myself with any of this crap. Leave it to SP and the money men.
Old 26-05-2019, 03:17 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I don’t worry myself with any of this crap. Leave it to SP and the money men.
Agree... not much we mere fans can do about it anyway. It's all statistics that we all know lie anyway.
Old 26-05-2019, 04:36 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Agree... not much we mere fans can do about it anyway. It's all statistics that we all know lie anyway.
Indeed. How many more times to we need to regurgitate shit that we largely know nothing about???

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 26-05-2019, 05:24 AM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Indeed. How many more times to we need to regurgitate shit that we largely know nothing about???
As many as some on her feel necessary to try and convince us that SP is hopeless and does not know what he is doing and despite us having the longest sustained period in the clubs history.
Old 26-05-2019, 05:45 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Back on track here... I'm no money man, but surely the linked report is "only" showing income, and does not include expenditure? The term "turnover" being the equivalent of sales in a normal business, and has nothing to do with profit.

When taking in the cost of sales (in this case expenditure like wages) the income becomes relevant.

If you sell a restored car for $10,000, but had spent $11,000 restoring it.... same with Palace - they maybe 24 in the world in income, but probably 20 in expenditure, thus the net loss.

I dare say in a net profit/loss table of European top league teams we would be in the bottom 100!
Although what you are saying is correct the turnover of a company is more an indication of its size and therefore its potential ability to make future profit. For example, when starting a new business it can actually make financial sense from a tax point of view not to make any actual profit in the first few years as you grow your income.

Generally though you are right that profit, or rather the ability to make profit is always the most important thing for a mature company. There are many companies in the past with a massive turnover that have gone under. The key is always how well you control your overheads.
Old 26-05-2019, 05:51 AM
The Spiky One

Yes... Uber and Tesla come to mind.