Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:38 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Good player, can cover a few positions... probably needed this season to toughen up and get a little fitter (hard without games). I think he'll feature quite a lot next season.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:39 AM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
But the reality is under Roy Hodgson he has Not progressed, and in all honesty he has disappointed whenever chosen, maybe he just is NOT as good as we all had hoped for and needs to be moved on, also after nearly a whole season to have still not established himself is maybe telling us fans something that Roy has already realised.
He's 21. He's only appeared in 12 games this season, 8 as substitute, and played quite well (the Man City game comes to mind). How is he supposed to have 'established himself' with McArthur, Cabaye, RLC and Luka in front of him? What does that even mean? And how do you know what Roy has or has not realised?
Old 11-05-2018, 08:40 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Think he's definitely got something about him, however I do expect him to leave in the summer, probably back to Ajax
Old 11-05-2018, 08:40 AM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good player. Give him more game time and he can develop. I think we really need to keep him as we have very little cover in defensive midfield.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:41 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Maybe I was a little harsh on Jairo as he's quite useful to cover quite a few positions. The trouble is we have spent £7.5m - £9m on him. For that price he should be starting games. We've got almost no value for money out of his first season.

I still think if an offer came in that recouped most of what we paid for him we'd be very tempted to part ways though.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:44 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
He's 21. He's only appeared in 12 games this season, 8 as substitute, and played quite well (the Man City game comes to mind). How is he supposed to have 'established himself' with McArthur, Cabaye, RLC and Luka in front of him? What does that even mean? And how do you know what Roy has or has not realised?
Roy was actually recently quoted saying he was a quality player. But hey.. these people know Better
Old 11-05-2018, 08:47 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
I'd be disappointed if we sold him. We bought potential not a complete player. Keep him even if it means him going on loan for the first half of the season to get 20 games and then we reassess in Jan.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gotta keep this lad. Has quality. Establish which position he is best in, we are potentially losing Ward, Kelly, Cabaye and others this summer. He has played understudy for a year, let Roy choose where he best fits. If after a year of playing week-in, week-out or at least say 70% of matches we can then judge him.

However, gut tells me he will return to Holland or end up elsewhere on the continent, then like Valerian Ismael, we will see him playing in the UEFA cup or Champs League in 2019/2020 (not for us!).
Old 11-05-2018, 08:54 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
‘Disappointed whenever chosen?’ Can only recall four starts under Hodgson, an excellent performance vs Man City, a very good performance vs Burnley, and two average performances, vs Spurs and vs Brighton in the cup. He’s 21 years old, was brought in for 9 million (which is peanuts nowadays), and has had to deal with a new country, new league and the FDB debacle this season. Incredible that some are giving up on him already.
This.....let's not do a Mourinho and let a talented player go because we're not prepared to give someone time to adapt to new surroundings, league and environment and develop. From what I've seen he has touch, a good pass, vision, positioning sense and a decent tackler, will get more game time next season and by the following season could be seen as Cabaye's (better) successor.

I always note how Thierry Henry's first season at Arsenal was pretty mundane.

We need to be patient with Sorloth and Jach as well

Last edited by Green Bin; 11-05-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Just to give some perspective, the difference in age between Riedewald and Wan-Bissaka is… 14 months.

Will we be wanting AWB binned in December too if he doesn't quite live up to the form demonstrated on breaking into the side?

Quality young players take time to develop. Look at Jose Campana now compared to his time at Palace.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 11-05-2018, 08:57 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
Gotta keep this lad. Has quality. Establish which position he is best in, we are potentially losing Ward, Kelly, Cabaye and others this summer. He has played understudy for a year, let Roy choose where he best fits. If after a year of playing week-in, week-out or at least say 70% of matches we can then judge him.

However, gut tells me he will return to Holland or end up elsewhere on the continent, then like Valerian Ismael, we will see him playing in the UEFA cup or Champs League in 2019/2020 (not for us!).
He's already played in one.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:04 AM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I was wrong. I also actually suggested Roy before fdb but the manger merry go round fatigiengot to me. I was wrong, I was a twat.

But my point still stands
Sorry what point was that? You said what is wrong with "you lot" when I wasn't even criticising him - quite the reverse in fact.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:09 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi View Post
Just to give some perspective, the difference in age between Riedewald and Wan-Bissaka is… 14 months.

Will we be wanting AWB binned in December too if he doesn't quite live up to the form demonstrated on breaking into the side?

Quality young players take time to develop. Look at Jose Campana now compared to his time at Palace.
Good post, lets support the kid before binning him off.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 11-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
...The trouble is we have spent £7.5m - £9m on him. For that price he should be starting games. We've got almost no value for money out of his first season..
Sorry, but I don't understand that point at all.

That level of spend is pretty routine for a decent squad player these days, so not sure why that sort of fee indicates a regular starter; playing worth does that. As to value? Well, that surely is measured over the longer term. Otherwise we really are into the realm of quick fixes and instant returns. That is fine for the odd player, but we also need to be taking a chance on players developing.

We will know if this was 'value' when he either starts playing regularly or at least becoming an important squad player. Or we sell him and see what fee we get in return.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:20 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Sorry, but I don't understand that point at all.

That level of spend is pretty routine for a decent squad player these days, so not sure why that sort of fee indicates a regular starter; playing worth does that. As to value? Well, that surely is measured over the longer term. Otherwise we really are into the realm of quick fixes and instant returns. That is fine for the odd player, but we also need to be taking a chance on players developing.

We will know if this was 'value' when he either starts playing regularly or at least becoming an important squad player. Or we sell him and see what fee we get in return.
Agreed. The more sestablished premier club you become, the more £8m bench warmers you have, whether that is right or wrong
Old 11-05-2018, 09:24 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Think he's definitely got something about him, however I do expect him to leave in the summer, probably back to Ajax
I suspect you are right but I would be happy to give Riedewald another season. If we do wish to play a passing style from midfield, he is technically proficient enough to develop into a DM or CM starter. He's already reasonably sound cover for both positions and it must be pointed out that he is 21. No one can say what he may become in a few years.

And I've two words for those claiming he's been proven not to have the 'stuff' after just a handful of appearances; Andy Johnson.

The idea that we should eject Riedewald is almost as bonkers as those who said we should eject McArthur exactly twelve months ago.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:25 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not sure one season in a struggling La Liga team is actually proof that Campana is actually any good

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 11-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Campana was always quality, badly mismanaged.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:31 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Once the injury crisis subsided Roy finished up with his 'best' 11 and given our position he has stuck with it.

It's never easy throwing a new young player into a team that is battling relegation for much of the season particularly as he was bought in for a position that he was never going to fill.

He has stood up well and is the type of player we need to strengthen the team in depth

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 11-05-2018, 09:31 AM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We don't deserve good players - well, some of us don't. And I agree about Campana.