Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 11-09-2019, 05:45 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Stokes, and I think it will be.

He’s currently VC so absolutely no reason not to give it to him. He was doing the team talks anyway. Root is shot as Cappo
I think they’ll give Root the NZ & SA winter tours. Of course, there’ll be a new coach....
Old 11-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I think they’ll give Root the NZ & SA winter tours. Of course, there’ll be a new coach....
Yes they may well do. Lose to NZ badly though and he could be gone
Old 11-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So, according to Alastair Cook's soon to be released autobiography, a boozy Davy Warner admitted to Cookie during the 2017/18 Ashes celebrations that he used substances attached to the strapping on his hand to accelerate the deterioration of the ball during a first class match.

Not exactly a surprise as we could all the see the finger strapping. But if true, as I am sure it is given his love of cheating, kind of confirms what many were saying when the ball reversed way quicker than expected during that Ashes series. Also suggests the bowlers would definitely have known as well.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How about just blowing the whole thing out of the water and the law makers say that the fielding team can do what they want to the ball during 80 overs? They’ll more likely ruin it and turn it into a whack-able boundary rag.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:

He’s currently VC so absolutely no reason not to give it to him. He was doing the team talks anyway. Root is shot as Cappo
Ffs Workshop I worry about you sometimes.

The bloke is already the most influential player in the dressing room and he’s thriving on it. Why burden him with all the other guff that comes with being England captain...cf Botham, Flintoff, Pietersen.

I think that England have finally learned (even if you haven’t) that making the best player captain almost never works for us.

Cricket wanker.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:48 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
How about just blowing the whole thing out of the water and the law makers say that the fielding team can do what they want to the ball during 80 overs? They’ll more likely ruin it and turn it into a whack-able boundary rag.
.... Except that soft “whackable boundary rags” are, of course, much harder to hit to the boundary.

Cricket wanker.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
.... Except that soft “whackable boundary rags” are, of course, much harder to hit to the boundary.
True. There’s nothing like almost dislocating your shoulder trying to hit a pie into the next postcode!
Old 11-09-2019, 07:00 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ffs Workshop I worry about you sometimes.

The bloke is already the most influential player in the dressing room and he’s thriving on it. Why burden him with all the other guff that comes with being England captain...cf Botham, Flintoff, Pietersen.

I think that England have finally learned (even if you haven’t) that making the best player captain almost never works for us.
Ffs you’re going to burden someone who’s pretty good aren’t you ? You’re not going to give the captaincy to Leach. It’s about who’s capable of taking that pressure. I think Stokes is. He’s VC for a reason

And anyway, it wasn’t long ago you said he was massively overrated, so I’ll pass on your opinion, thanks
Old 11-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Ffs you’re going to burden someone who’s pretty good aren’t you ? You’re not going to give the captaincy to Leach. It’s about who’s capable of taking that pressure. I think Stokes is. He’s VC for a reason

And anyway, it wasn’t long ago you said he was massively overrated, so I’ll pass on your opinion, thanks
Not long ago he was massively overrated. He’s had a stellar summer and is finally producing the results that his talent deserves.

Root has diminished as a player since captaincy... you want to risk this for Stokes? Dear me.

I’d give it to Broad and then in a year I’d hope that Burns would be cemented in and give it to him. Stokes is literally the very last player who should be captain and Glenn McGrath agrees with me.

Although he didn’t agree with me about Broad.

Cricket wanker.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
True. There’s nothing like almost dislocating your shoulder trying to hit a pie into the next postcode!

Cricket wanker.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Not long ago he was massively overrated. He’s had a stellar summer and is finally producing the results that his talent deserves.

Root has diminished as a player since captaincy... you want to risk this for Stokes? Dear me.

I’d give it to Broad and then in a year I’d hope that Burns would be cemented in and give it to him. Stokes is literally the very last player who should be captain and Glenn McGrath agrees with me.

Although he didn’t agree with me about Broad.
I say again, it’s about having the right person in the role so that they can handle the pressure and not allow it to affect their game, or at least mitigate the affect.

I can’t see past Stokes.

Broad ? He’s been in the England set up for donkeys and never been considered for captain. There’s a reason for that.

We’re not going to agree are we ?
Old 11-09-2019, 07:48 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
I say again, it’s about having the right person in the role so that they can handle the pressure and not allow it to affect their game, or at least mitigate the affect.

I can’t see past Stokes.

Broad ? He’s been in the England set up for donkeys and never been considered for captain. There’s a reason for that.

We’re not going to agree are we ?
I do hope not.

Stokes.

For f*cks sake.

Cricket wanker.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I do hope not.

Stokes.

For f*cks sake.
Broad

As a matter of interest, did you have an issue with Stokes being named VC ?
Old 11-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Broad

As a matter of interest, did you have an issue with Stokes being named VC ?
It’s a pointless irrelevant position so no.

Cricket wanker.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
It’s a pointless irrelevant position so no.

Are you drunk ?

So if Root was injured, Stokes would step in as captain. How is that irrelevant?

You’ve spent too long on the politics thread geez
Old 11-09-2019, 08:26 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by THB View Post
Who'd be your captain then?
Darren "The New Ian Botham" Stevens, of course.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:00 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
I think Broad was T20 captain (around 2011) but I don't remember how he got on.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:41 PM

THB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

madness.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:42 PM

THB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTHB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Darren "The New Ian Botham" Stevens, of course.
gives hope to us all.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:29 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
3-1 victory would be a very fitting finish to this series.

C'mon you Aussies.