Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDI29 View Post
Wouldn’t mind palace looking at the kosovan penalty taker and the other goal score berisha, the big lad holds the ball up really well and berisha seems deadly in front goal
Why do we need him then ?
Old 10-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I must have missed Chilwells good cross. Reminded me of Bruce Dyer
EDIT: Good cross for Leicester.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:38 PM

Frisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
Something about Clive Tyldesleys commentary is very irritating at times
Agreed. Inoffensive but something very irritating. Just seems to be very smug?

He's not the worst. At least he isn't one of the increasing number of 'in hindsight' commentators/pundits who point out the option the player didn't take was the obvious right one following any miss.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:42 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Good attacking performance. Shocking defensive performance. Maguire and Keane both total shite. Maguire added to the burgeoning list of supposedly top-class defenders that have committed horrible gaffes in England shirts; Maguire goes to the top of that list.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:42 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Defence:
TAA - good at going forward, poor defensive positioning, mediocre tackling. Keane - bog-standard Prem central defender,
Maguire - loves to push forward, but defending ? dead dodgy.
Chilwell - likes to get forward, good cross, weak defender (inferior to PVA).

Has any team done well at the Euros or World Cup, with a manager as clueless as Southgate ? Looked clueless and baffled at the post-match interview.
Think you’ve got Chilwell completely wrong. Might’ve looked attacking this game, but on the whole for Leicester he’s solid defensively and meh in attack. The opposite of PVA.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:12 PM
looking at things

cross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought that game was hugely enjoyable. Kosovo gave it a bloody good go. So much better than watching us play teams like Malta, San Marino, Gibraltar, etc. that just get 10 men behind the ball and kill the game. I thought Sterling was excellent in the first half.

Hats off to Kosovo. And well done to the FA for playing it at a full St Mary's (without the stupid band) rather than a 1/3 full Wembley.

A good game of football.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:21 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Probably the worst midfield I've ever seen for England.

One day Rice might be decent but Henderson and Barkley are shockingly overrated.

Our defence would be OK should it be protected but with the players in front of them will always be exposed.

We will be relying on a fortunately talented attacking lineup between Sterling (one of the best in the world honestly), Kane and two potentially special players in Sancho (especially) and maybe Rashford.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Good attacking performance. Shocking defensive performance. Maguire and Keane both total shite. Maguire added to the burgeoning list of supposedly top-class defenders that have committed horrible gaffes in England shirts; Maguire goes to the top of that list.
LC must be still pissing themselves over the 80m they conned of MU.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Think you’ve got Chilwell completely wrong. Might’ve looked attacking this game, but on the whole for Leicester he’s solid defensively and meh in attack. The opposite of PVA.
Kosovo had pretty much a free run down England's left. Chilwell was usually missing in action.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:36 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
At points during that second half England looked distinctly capable of pissing away a four-goal lead which would have been quite an achievement. Fluffing penalties doesn't help. But Kosovo had some further decent chances and if one of those goes in it's 5 - 4 and you've got a spring in their step, a frustrated crowd, a lot of pressure and Harry Maguire.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
LC must be still pissing themselves over the 80m they conned of MU.
Of course I meant *Keane* added to the list, Maguire obviously already being on it.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:04 AM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
For many reasons, I will always appreciate the ideals of what international football stands for over and above the greed-fuelled soulless Premier League i.e. the majority of players actually playing for a team they want to play for and grew up supporting instead of just doing so for money/ambition etc. Unfortunately, outside of tournaments, my enthusiasm for international football is rarely matched by the entertainment on show. Tonight, largely thanks to Kosovo's refreshing swash-buckling approach, was everything I started watching football for in the first place and I don't feel we are doing it justice by over-analysing and complaining about defending. Credit to us for playing some great counter-attacking football in the first half, credit to Kosovo for conceding five, being brave and still almost getting back into it and credit to both teams for putting on an all too rare thrilling qualification match.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:23 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
So would Southgate ignore Gascoigne had he been during this era? What exactly is it about Maddisons attitude that is a problem?
Rated himself apparently, not a bad thing to have confidence in your ability.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:24 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Southgate is ridicilously over rated and to be awarded an honour last year for basically getting through a group we should be expected to, winning a penalty shoot out and beating a very mediocre team in a quarter final is beyond belief
Agree with this ^^^^.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:56 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Agree with the whole Southgate is average point too. He’s like an Under 21 manager whose star rises because of good results, but basically it’s just a case of better players beating lesser players. Stuart Pearce, Peter Taylor and Gareth himself have all benefited from that. When the first team under Gareth come up against players on England’s level, they inevitably don’t win. His ‘amazing’ World Cup saw England corme up against only three matches where they were against equally matched quality and they lost every one of those games.

Some poor fecker - please don’t let it be us - will fall for the hype and appoint Southgate once the England journey is over. Watch him fall flat on his face

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 11-09-2019, 05:58 AM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed View Post
I thought that game was hugely enjoyable. Kosovo gave it a bloody good go. So much better than watching us play teams like Malta, San Marino, Gibraltar, etc. that just get 10 men behind the ball and kill the game. I thought Sterling was excellent in the first half.

Hats off to Kosovo. And well done to the FA for playing it at a full St Mary's (without the stupid band) rather than a 1/3 full Wembley.

A good game of football.
Without the stupid band ?????

You deaf ?
Old 11-09-2019, 06:23 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Surely everyone knows Southgate is rubbish. Second half against Croatia was his chance to show he could match the Croatian managers tactical change. He did nothing in spite of the whole flow of the game changing. Ended up with like for like changes late on in desperation.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:36 AM

dougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Southgate has us playing the best football since hoddle. There were times during the Sven and capello era we would have laboured a win over the likes of Kosovo. The Croatia game did show maybe a bit of work on in game management needed but he will hopefully learn from that experience . The way he sets us up tho passing the ball has been brilliant and to say he is rubbish like some of you are is absolutely ridiculous .
Old 11-09-2019, 06:39 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Southgate's a poor manager.
He's a good yes man though.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post
Southgate has us playing the best football since hoddle. There were times during the Sven and capello era we would have laboured a win over the likes of Kosovo. The Croatia game did show maybe a bit of work on in game management needed but he will hopefully learn from that experience . The way he sets us up tho passing the ball has been brilliant and to say he is rubbish like some of you are is absolutely ridiculous .
Dougie87 trying to be serious