Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-02-2021, 10:59 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Biggest Shithouse win ever?

I am wracking my brains this morning trying to think of any other Palace win that I can remember that was so dramatically against the run of play. In my mind nothing tops last night but I may be forgetting a similar smash and grab? So my question to the BBS - have we ever stolen 3 points quite so hilariously on the back foot?
Old 23-02-2021, 11:02 AM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is utterly laughable to win that game whilst being so shit. Our passing was atrocious, movement terrible, ball retention when pressed, negative, and yet here we are.

I remember a game against Barnsley in which both sides deserved nothing and we won with the last kick or maybe even head of the game scored by Scannell in the 10/11 season?
Old 23-02-2021, 11:02 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Not many will remember Middlesborough away in 92' but that was one hell of a shithouse victory, scoring with our only effort on target and they absolutely battered us, but this wins hands down in my 30+ years of following the club.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:03 AM

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
No, can't think of such an occasion, and I am going back a fair while. Can think of the opposite happening occasionally, but even then, not to such an extent. If that had been a boxing match it would have been called off in about the 75th minute. Instead, the ref allowed Palace to pick themselves up off the floor and deliver a sucker punch just before the final bell.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:03 AM
criostal lůchairt

Scotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScotland's No9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Beating Watford 1-0 without a shot on target.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Although still not as good a feeling as last night!
Old 23-02-2021, 11:04 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotland's No9 View Post

Excellent shout. How we laughed when that goal went in.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 23-02-2021, 11:06 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Charlton at home one Christmas. They hammered us the whole game, only for us to score very late on.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:06 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yes good shout, but not quite so one sided. Looking at overall attempts at goal and possession I'd say that was a much more even game.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:08 AM

sbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesbds18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
Yes good shout, but not quite so one sided. Looking at overall attempts at goal and possession I'd say that was a much more even game.
Yes it was more even than last night, but to win without a single shot on target is always funny
Old 23-02-2021, 11:14 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
I am wracking my brains this morning trying to think of any other Palace win that I can remember that was so dramatically against the run of play. In my mind nothing tops last night but I may be forgetting a similar smash and grab? So my question to the BBS - have we ever stolen 3 points quite so hilariously on the back foot?
I said this last night. There are probably a number of 1 nil wins that come close but to score twice and win, there's nothing close. Would argue it's the biggest shithouse win in Premier League history when a team has scored 2 goals. To have just 2 touches in the opposition box in 95 minutes against the team who are 5th from bottom. I like many I know just laughed when Benteke struck that volley.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:16 AM

Bangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has any team scored two goals from just two touches in the opposition box before?
Old 23-02-2021, 11:17 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I didn't see it as I was on holiday at the time, but by all accounts we were battered away at Birmingham in 2004 but managed to win 1-0, with AJ the scorer.

The thing that made last night's victory better than all the others though is not only the fact that it was against Brighton, but also that it was in the 95th minute
Old 23-02-2021, 11:17 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Funny looking at the table 'as it was' on that page. Lots of change around us but we're still in the same rough place
Old 23-02-2021, 11:18 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I didn't see it as I was on holiday at the time, but by all accounts we were battered away at Birmingham in 2004 but managed to win 1-0, with AJ the scorer.

The thing that made last night's victory better than all the others though is not only the fact that it was against Brighton, but also that it was in the 95th minute
That was indeed a shithouse victory but not as much as last night
Old 23-02-2021, 11:19 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:

But we were well organised overall just created little

Last night we looked rag bag with no actual game plan, was torture
Old 23-02-2021, 11:19 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Crystal Palace mustered just four shots against Brighton this season, the joint-lowest tally across two games by any side against an opponent in a Premier League season (since 03/04) but managed to score with three of them (1-1 in October and 2-1 in this game). From the beeb.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
I said this last night. There are probably a number of 1 nil wins that come close but to score twice and win, there's nothing close. Would argue it's the biggest shithouse win in Premier League history when a team has scored 2 goals. To have just 2 touches in the opposition box in 95 minutes against the team who are 5th from bottom. I like many I know just laughed when Benteke struck that volley.
My first reaction was to scream the house down but I've been laughing ever since. Woke up twice during the night laughing. Such a satisfying way to win.

It's amazing we found a new way to humiliate Brighton. We've had the 5-0 total hammering, the first defeat at the new stadium, the massive play off win and now, the ultimate shithouse win!
Old 23-02-2021, 11:21 AM

cpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Biggest shithouse defeat that Millwall Boxing Day game (2003?).
Old 23-02-2021, 11:24 AM

Palace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember winning 3 v 0 at the City Ground when Andrejs Rubins scored a screamer, we didn't deserve to win let alone 3 v 0. Still not in the same territory as last night, but the one that sprang to mind
Old 23-02-2021, 11:25 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Nah, we deserved that. If they deserved to win, they would have. We dug in and stopped them scoring and scored with the chances we had. That’s football. **** “deserving” to win.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo