Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 01-08-2020, 07:33 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
I sort of agree with CR, though probably for different reasons.

If you measure racism by average outcome (and I think he does), then clearly there are differences between racial groups which imply that some have it worse than others.

Though one of the many problems with that approach is that you might have to define 'white British' as discriminated against, as there are racial groups which, on average, do better.

But it's a nonsense definition, so I'm not going to defend it - but that doesn't mean it's wrong to say some ethnic minorities do worse than others. The trouble lies in only considering output and not also input (for want of better words) and the many other variables that go into the mix.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:45 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
'Sky TV is a basic human right.'
We have new neighbours. Moved in earlier this week. They put up a sky dish on Thursday. Weíve all (the other eight houses on the road) already judged them entirely on this.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:49 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Have you been on the sauce? Where have I said anywhere that some groups are more worthy of protection than others?

Then a rant about the left and jihadists. Islamophobia creeping in? Because of course if you support Palestinian rights you must be a jihadist eh. Then your strange lashing out at BLM.

Youíre an utter prick. Get off the drugs.
It is curious that you should mention islamphobia whilst your post that has created all these debates is blatantly anti Semitic and anti Hindu which you can't see.....

I agree with Joe's posts (apart from the profanities) and I am sure I am not in minority in coming to that conclusion in here.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:50 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
We have new neighbours. Moved in earlier this week. They put up a sky dish on Thursday. Weíve all (the other eight houses on the road) already judged them entirely on this.
Tut tut tut

Hehe
Old 01-08-2020, 07:52 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
I sort of agree with CR, though probably for different reasons.

If you measure racism by average outcome (and I think he does), then clearly there are differences between racial groups which imply that some have it worse than others.

Though one of the many problems with that approach is that you might have to define 'white British' as discriminated against, as there are racial groups which, on average, do better.

But it's a nonsense definition, so I'm not going to defend it - but that doesn't mean it's wrong to say some ethnic minorities do worse than others. The trouble lies in only considering output and not also input (for want of better words) and the many other variables that go into the mix.
I think thatís fair enough. The difference with white British is that they canít suffer racism and will always have the levers of power which oppressed groups cannot and will not have.

My thoughts mainly came out out a black BLM speaker who was saying that the lack of representation and harm that black communities face is sometimes masked by using overall BME figures. I think he had a point. If I expressed that clumsily or hurt anyone I apologise.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:56 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
It is curious that you should mention islamphobia whilst your post that has created all these debates is blatantly anti Semitic and anti Hindu which you can't see.....

I agree with Joe's posts (apart from the profanities) and I am sure I am not in minority in coming to that conclusion in here.
Thatís sad if you think that and something for me to reflect on.

I canít see how talking about what the BLM speaker was saying was anti Hindu or anti Jewish, even if you think itís wrong. But anyway after this Iíll take a break from the boards, maybe for good. Itís not great for my mental health stuff like last night.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:43 AM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Just to lighten up this thread a tad, I just noticed this To view the link you have to Register or Login

It seems some Labour councillors just can’t help themselves..
Old 01-08-2020, 10:53 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post

I quite enjoyed OJP's swearing - I thought it was rather creative.

Anyway, cr has well and truly lost the plot. Mainly with the Jew/Hindu stuff, but also saying that white British people can never suffer racism. I think he should stick to claiming that there was no war, poverty, oppression, disease, death, Jews &c. before capitalism was invented.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:22 AM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Not sure how you can take that from my post. Of course not. Any racism is a big problem.
Particularly when it comes from self-professed 'progressive anti-racists' who need to look a bit more closely into trying to see the wood for the trees before they pontificate...
Old 01-08-2020, 12:48 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Old 01-08-2020, 12:48 PM
jft39

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
...an Owen Jones piece in the Guardian. Firstly Owen supported the protest but wrote a line suggesting it was Wiley being black as well as his tweets meant people joined in. This was lost as the Guardian managed to get the wrong black grime star in the picture published with yhe article. One wonders the reaction of Owen if it was say a Kate Hopkins article would he accept the apology offered by her as we are suppose to from him.
A bit off-topic, but I've just read the Jones article, and it is ill-thought out self-serving drivel, as per.

What is quite amusing is the fact that the Guardian kicked up a big old fuss when some Irish paper couldn't tell the difference between Stormzy and Romelu Lukaku: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 01-08-2020, 01:16 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Rosie Duffield has had to lock her account as the Corbynites are after her for the crime of pointing out only women have a cervix.

If Starmer even wants to win he has to get rid of the cranks.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:27 PM
jft39

Certain sections of the left's obsession with trannies is utterly baffling.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:14 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Rosie Duffield has had to lock her account as the Corbynites are after her for the crime of pointing out only women have a cervix.

If Starmer even wants to win he has to get rid of the cranks.
What do you mean "had to lock her account"? Surely being on or off Twitter, or blocking people on Twitter, is a choice rather than something you are forced to do?
Old 01-08-2020, 03:31 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
What do you mean "had to lock her account"? Surely being on or off Twitter, or blocking people on Twitter, is a choice rather than something you are forced to do?
Are you on the sauce?
Old 01-08-2020, 03:35 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Are you on the sauce?
I would feel better if I was. [and post more sense]
Old 01-08-2020, 11:21 PM

Hong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHong Kong Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"A bit off-topic, but I've just read the Jones article, and it is ill-thought out self-serving drivel, as per." every Owen Jones article. The photo comedy is on a apr with the Lib Dem councillor breaking his solidarity Ramadan fast with a nice bit of bacon.

If you live in Islingtonia all these non white types tend to look the same I guess
Old 02-08-2020, 07:01 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
A bit of a trend it seems, but still early days:

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42% (-2)
LAB: 38% (+2)
LDEM: 6% (-)
GRN: 4% (-)

via
@OpiniumResearch
, 23 - 24 Jul
Chgs. w/ 17 July

CON: 41% (-1)
LAB: 38% (-)

via
@OpiniumResearch
, 30 - 31 Jul
Old 02-08-2020, 07:31 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong Kong Eagle View Post
"A bit off-topic, but I've just read the Jones article, and it is ill-thought out self-serving drivel, as per." every Owen Jones article. The photo comedy is on a apr with the Lib Dem councillor breaking his solidarity Ramadan fast with a nice bit of bacon.

If you live in Islingtonia all these non white types tend to look the same I guess

Are you on the sauce?
Old 02-08-2020, 07:44 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
A bit of a trend it seems, but still early days:

CON: 42% (-2)
LAB: 38% (+2)
GRN: 4% (-)

via
@OpiniumResearch
, 23 - 24 Jul
Chgs. w/ 17 July

CON: 41% (-1)
LAB: 38% (-)

via
@OpiniumResearch
, 30 - 31 Jul
I think pre election the polls were showing 45% Tories, 33% labour, so decent enough progress all things considered. Iíd be interested to know how those votes would actually reflect on seats.

I saw a Twitter account suggest that could see as many as 40 seat gains for labour, but with no actual source Iíd take that with a pinch of salt.