Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-06-2015, 12:05 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
There's a BBQ restaurant in Leeds, which is opening in Shoreditch this summer, called Red's True Barbecue. Very good food' and I'd recommend a visit when it opens!

Anyway, they have released a cookbook now, which includes recipes for some of the restaurant dishes. Having got both To view the link you have to Register or Login and the Pitt Cue book, I think the Red's one is the better of the two - simpler, more normal recipes for the most part, but covering a lot of meats, as well as fish and other bits (making jerky, including building your own box, brewing beer, desserts, pickles etc).

I'd recommend it based on the look through I've had and having eaten there many a time!
Can't comment on the book but reds true bbq is amazing
Old 22-06-2015, 05:16 PM

Jubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I am looking for some advice. I will be buying a Big Green Egg in the next couple of days interested to know what accessories people this are useful?
Old 22-06-2015, 06:19 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
I find the chimney starter useful as i use the minnion method to smoke.

Without doubt though, the most important peice of equipment for me, is my wireless thermometer. You can place a probe into the meat and one on the grill. This gives you better accuracy than the smoker itself as to the internal temps of the smoker (really important) and also gives you the internal temp of your meat (prime pulling temp for pork is 195+)

My setup is wireless so i can be anywhere in the house and am alerted when the temp drops below my min/max thresholds.
Old 22-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
What thermometer have you bought?

Looking at getting one, and To view the link you have to Register or Login seems to get fairly positive reviews.
Old 22-06-2015, 07:57 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
I have the maverick et-732. No complaints at all.

The ivation one looks really smart too!
Old 22-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
I have the maverick et-732. No complaints at all.

The ivation one looks really smart too!
I had to check the model number of the maverick I have and it's the same.

I also have a thermapen, cost has come down a lot since I got mine and would recommend that as an excellent instant read thermometer
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-06-2015, 10:01 AM

Jubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks. I agree the chimney starter is good I already use one .... currently have a ProQ smoker which I use mostly for cold smoking. Use the thermometer all the time for cooking don't have a wireless one though will have to add it to my next gadget list lolo.

I was more thinking about the various griddles, pizza stone etc.

On a completely different note I am doing a 2 day smoking course in Penrith in July at Smokey
Jo's looking forward to it should be fun.
Old 28-06-2015, 11:24 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You need place setter, cast iron griddle and pizza stone nothing else!

Just fired mine up To view the link you have to Register or Login

This going in for 6 hours
Old 28-06-2015, 06:12 PM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or LoginTo view the link you have to Register or Login

Fantastic
Old 05-07-2015, 11:49 AM

To view the link you have to Register or LoginTo view the link you have to Register or Login

9 hours in the egg
Old 31-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
BBQ Champs ITV now dont know how good it is.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 02-08-2015, 11:01 AM

Mangalitza pork chops going in the egg today over cherry wood
Old 02-08-2015, 01:54 PM

Just made a brine for the chops... Never brined anything before!
Old 09-08-2015, 12:28 AM

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
No idea how well it works, but I like the guy's style!

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 16-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
No idea how well it works, but I like the guy's style!

That's awesome

Thinking of buying a "proper" smoker next year - big green egg v Weber Smokey Mountain? Thoughts?
Old 22-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Crow Counting

Oh well - decision made for me by the wife - she bought me a smokey mountain for my birthday
Old 23-09-2015, 04:51 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Bump this thread

Ive really been into BBQing this year, only got a weber kettle but still does a good job

What are the best inexpensive cuts of meat for low and slow?

Most of the time ive done Pork belly which is amazing with the crackling but want to try other stuff.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 10-12-2015, 05:15 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
BGE porn : To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-02-2016, 10:13 AM

100 day ages t bone, dictionary book thick cooked on the glorious egg