Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Swollen Member

Twilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by grand aigle View Post
Well it appears that calling someone a Brit or a Scot isn't racist so why should calling someone a Jap be racist..?...its all getting way too PC now..or should I be offended if I am called a Brit?? FFS its getting more stupid every day
Because the terms "Brit" and "Jap" have a completely different history. If it wasn't for World War II there might not be much difference, but since then it has had very negative connotations. "Jap" is often used negatively, while positive collocations are rare. You don't really hear anyone say "he's a nice jap", do you?

Back to Vardy, I'm sure this will endear him to new teammate Okazaki.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:44 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter View Post
Havent seen the video but whats the difference between calling a japanese person and jap and a british person a brit?

for the record chink is racist.
I have to confess I didn't know 'jap' was offensive either. Maybe it was the context though, him shouting 'oi jap!' again and again, rather than the word itself.

However **** is short for ****stani, and abo is short for aborigine, and they are both offensive.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Banned by Moderators

yohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter View Post
Havent seen the video but whats the difference between calling a japanese person and jap and a british person a brit?

for the record chink is racist.
I bet he wasn't even Japanese. The thick cunit Vardy probably calls anyone asian a Jap. A bit like when people complain about all the Japanese tourists in cities who are most likely from various asian countries eg. South Korea, China, USA etc. Or when people moan about those indians! eg. people from Bangladesh, ****stan.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:45 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
According to the reports at the time. The club have announced that they have terminated the contracts of Pearson Jr, Tom Hopper and Adam Smith after an investigation into allegations that the players had racially abused and made other offensive comments to women with whom they were engaging in sex acts in a Thai hotel room.
I think the arguement would be that the racist comments were enough for them to be dismissed. Though I would accept the argument about where and with whom did not help their case.
They were on a club tour.. Whilst Vardy comes across as particularly dis-likable in the clip. It is hardly on the same level as filming yourself on the club's tour of Thailand. Racially abusing and being outrageously sexually disrespectful to ladies of the night you are in the process of having group sex with in the hotel the club has paid for you to stay in!! Especially when you consider the sex industry in countries like this is driven by poverty.

Jap is an odd one. I always think of it a bit like Kraut or wop. Yeah it's not ideal but ultimately the japanese aren't losing sleep over it and i am not sure it requires the same moral outrage that many other racial slurs do.

Last edited by scro; 10-08-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Banned by Moderators

yohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilko View Post
Back to Vardy, I'm sure this will endear him to new teammate Okazaki.
I hope Okazaki kicks Vardy in the Japs eye!
Old 10-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Where did I say that...typical keyboard warrior, putting words into someone's post to suit your agenda....I merely mentioned Brits and Scots, terms that are used EVERY day without being seen as racist!
If I thought you'd said that then I would have written the sentence as a statement rather than a question wouldn't I?

I don't have an agenda and I'm certainly not a keyboard warrior, I was merely offering an alternative viewpoint to the one you were making. So how about you get off your soapbox and get back in it instead?
Old 10-08-2015, 04:57 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohankebab View Post
I hope Okazaki kicks Vardy in the Japs eye!
I doubt he gives a monkey's. The word doesn't offend from years of oppression and negativity. Just a little bit of negative feeling between the countries because they decided to jump into bed with nazism. I am not sure it's usage exposes a racist with deep rooted racist views.. just a fairly unpleasant bloke when in a confrontation.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:05 PM

grand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyandy View Post
If I thought you'd said that then I would have written the sentence as a statement rather than a question wouldn't I?

I don't have an agenda and I'm certainly not a keyboard warrior, I was merely offering an alternative viewpoint to the one you were making. So how about you get off your soapbox and get back in it instead?
You said do you think calling someone a chink is OK??? No I don't and never suggested that I did...you said that....I just don't believe jap is a racist term, OK my opinion is different to yours, never mind eh? That's what forums are about...opinions! Why is Brit or Scot Not a racist term then? Jap is just an abbreviation, just like Brit, whats the difference? Stop getting offended on someone else's behalf
Old 10-08-2015, 05:11 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Back to the question _ I don't think they will sack him
Old 10-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Swollen Member

Twilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You said do you think calling someone a chink is OK??? No I don't and never suggested that I did...you said that....I just don't believe jap is a racist term, OK my opinion is different to yours, never mind eh? That's what forums are about...opinions! Why is Brit or Scot Not a racist term then? Jap is just an abbreviation, just like Brit, whats the difference? Stop getting offended on someone else's behalf
Does the term Brit have a history of being used in a derogatory manner or being used in propaganda to stir up racial hatred? Not that I know of (although of course if you call someone from Ireland a Brit then that's a different matter!)

****, chink and jap all do. If some Japanese people don't find it offensive, then fair enough, but I would feel uncomfortable as a white male telling other races what they should and shouldn't find offensive. The worst racism I experience on a daily basis is Japanese children shouting "hello" and then running away laughing...
Old 10-08-2015, 05:17 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I asked you a question. I didn't suggest you were. It's nothing to do with getting offended on someone else's behalf. I was just suggesting that just because one thing isn't offensive, it doesn't mean that something else is (and vice versa).

I think the difference is that Brit and Scot are both terms used by the group in question to refer to themselves. I wouldn't think Jap/Chink/**** (none of which I am suggesting you use - just to get that straight) are.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Swollen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Back to the question _ I don't think they will sack him
Is probably the right answer. Bad as I think his behaviour was, it's not on a par with what happened on their tour. Wouldn't feel happy at all if this was a Palace player though.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:23 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Vardy for me is one of those players you just take an instant dislike to. They wont sell him but he should accept a hefty club fine if it does come his way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 10-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is hereDuffle Coat Sam the man is here
I wonder if he has a mate called Jap (nickname)? You'd never know. I think judging ahead of the facts is not the way to go.
At the same time, if there is an issue of bad behaviour, I would imagine his nascent England career is coming to a shuddering halt, whatever about Leicester.
He is a terrier of a player, I'll give him that. Of course when he plays for an opposition team, of course we're not going to be big fans but you can't hold that against Vardy.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:17 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Why should they sack him? Another club would sign him within 5 minutes.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyandy View Post
I asked you a question. I didn't suggest you were. It's nothing to do with getting offended on someone else's behalf. I was just suggesting that just because one thing isn't offensive, it doesn't mean that something else is (and vice versa).

I think the difference is that Brit and Scot are both terms used by the group in question to refer to themselves. I wouldn't think Jap/Chink/**** (none of which I am suggesting you use - just to get that straight) are.
Let's not pretend Jap is even close to as taboo as ****. It simply isn't. The person hearing it and the person saying it would feel very differently. It doesn't have the same connotations, history or implications.

We have all sorts of "offensive" terms for all sorts of nationalities and them for us. Whilst they aren't perhaps for polite society or very nice they are certainly not loaded with oppression and nastiness that comes with others such as ****.

People shouldn't be obnoxious, offensive, aggressive and nasty of course but they are so it's hardly a sacking offence. Just doesn't show him in a great light. He's probably a twat.. but he certainly is unlikely to be the only one in the squad.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:36 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffle Coat View Post
I wonder if he has a mate called Jap (nickname)? You'd never know. I think judging ahead of the facts is not the way to go.
At the same time, if there is an issue of bad behaviour, I would imagine his nascent England career is coming to a shuddering halt, whatever about Leicester.
He is a terrier of a player, I'll give him that. Of course when he plays for an opposition team, of course we're not going to be big fans but you can't hold that against Vardy.
Doesnt sound like he's talking to a mate at all. Here's the main part of the article, the guy lost his head.

Quote:
Vardy apparently thought a middle-aged man behind him at the poker table was looking at his cards. The video, obtained by the Sun on Sunday, shows him turn his head towards the man, point, and say: “Jap. Yo Jap. Walk on…oi, walk on. Yeah you...Jap. Walk on”.

A witness told the newspaper: “His girlfriend says to the man, 'you’ve been looking at his cards.’ They rowed for a couple of minutes and then the other guy eventually walked off.

“He behaved like an absolute animal. It was appalling. The other guy was a man of East Asian appearance. He looked shocked by what happened.”

When another gambler intervened, Vardy had to be physically restrained by De Laet. “That’s when he kicked right off . He went into an absolute rage,” the witness said.

The term ‘Jap’ – short for Japanese – has been considered derogatory since the 1940s. Dr Ruth Taplin, director for the Centre of Japanese and East Asian Studies in London, said: “It has never been culturally acceptable to use the word “Jap”. It’s a racist term
Old 10-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Where did I say that...typical keyboard warrior, putting words into someone's post to suit your agenda....I merely mentioned Brits and Scots, terms that are used EVERY day without being seen as racist!
Quick question: are you unaware that words like Brit and Scot (and Finn and Pole and Croat and Turk and so on) are the actual names for these peoples, and that words like Jap (and **** and Hebe and Spic and Chug and Eyetie and so on) are slang, despite being similar to (part of) the formal terminology?

I mean, if you don't think Jap's offensive, you can say that, but the 'well I don't complain about this formal term so why are they complaining about that slang term?' argument makes you look a little simple, you know...
Old 10-08-2015, 07:10 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
I watched an episode of Minder today and dear old Arthur Daley (AKA George Cole God rest his soul), would be in serious bother today.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:12 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohankebab View Post
I bet he wasn't even Japanese. The thick cunit Vardy probably calls anyone asian a Jap.
Maybe he was 5'4