Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 14-08-2015, 02:40 PM

leicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is here
Well done to our owners............outsiders trying to cause all sorts of trouble at Leicester now the 2 lads can concentrate on forging a successful partnership together and bang some goals in.....
Old 14-08-2015, 02:45 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
That's besides the fact that I, like most people, prefer true stories to be retold in truth.
In general (not in your example) that presumes though that there is only one truth to any story. Which is a whole new debate. I´m a keen amateur historian and I´ve read your posts for many years and know you are too, the truth about history is multi faceted. There is certainly no one true story, though of course you can recreate one persons view of the truth.

The debate about what is acceptable to be retold on film is an interesting one,and to an extent you have a valid point. Tarrintino, because he either has black actors saying ****** or uses it as direct racism, does get away with it and i think his films would be the worse for it if he was restricted. As i said before i don´t think in the example you gave this is true. In this use i think it would come across to many as ignorance and racism. If the film was made just for me to view i´d prefer it to be as accurate as possible but i think the makers have rightly considered in this instance that a sizeable minority would be offended and they have therefore made a small change.

i don´t know anything about kayne west so can´t comment on him.

Last edited by chelmsfordeagle; 14-08-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 14-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's a rapper who is fond of the n word and apparently that's ok for him to say globally on live performances.
The dambusters remake isn't even close but as soon as mentioned the lobbyists were all over it saying "what will you call the dog?" - pathetic snd not remotely interested in the story or the fact that over 60 men died on one mission on an effort to defeat nazism - how ironic.

I agree on perspective and some directors have tried to tackle this (Clint Eastwood - letters from iwo jima/flags of our fathers) however some things are fact such as times, dates, people and......codewords used.
Old 14-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
I know it's not really the point, but I genuinely can't believe how many people have got far enough through life to know how to use a computer and get online and post on this thread without realising that Scot isn't short for anything. I mean seriously, where the hell do you think the word Scotland came from? Did you also think that Angeln in northern Germany derived its name from the fact that it's inhabitants eventually went to place randomly called England and so started being called Angles as some kind of abbreviation? Or that they put up a massive glass building in south London and called it the Crystal Palace because that's short for Crystal Palace Park, which was in turn named after the surrounding area, and the words 'crystal' and 'palace' acquired their respective meanings in about 1854 from the fact that there was a massive glass building with a gibberish name?

Let's all get to the Labour leadership thread and demand that whoever is chosen supports basic primary schooling for everybody. Matov's rambling fears about reeducation camps are actually starting to sound quite attractive...
Old 14-08-2015, 03:19 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
England, 1930's, racial segregation and ****** lynch mobs. You heard it here first.

If only a film production would tell us this story accurately instead of just concentrating on 'entertainment'
Sigh.
Old 14-08-2015, 03:28 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
I suspect that the man of asian origin was only offended because he's recently been told that he should be.

I'm looking forward to a nice rant the next time Johnny foreigner calls me a Brit.

Only the other day I was talking with friends about Hackney Marsh football, how open and rough the place appeared and how there were some teams I wouldn't fancy playing citing a 'team of bloody great black blokes', the meaning clearly referring to their physical presence, and the black friend interjected with "steady, where are you goong with yhis". It annoyed me that I had to explain. When he got it he went on to tell me about a 'team of Turks"......naturally I interjected with "steady, where are you going with this....."

Truth is, it's all become rather pathetic.
Life must be good if that's the kind of thing that bothers you
Old 14-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE View Post
So are we going to start taking offence at people referring to the Scottish as 'Scots' or the British as 'Brits' or even Australians as 'Aussies'? all these seem to be accepted and not considered racist in the slightest.

Another ridiculous example of the PC Brigade making something out of nothing.
have a ******* word with yourself
Old 14-08-2015, 05:57 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Have any of the people using the 'scot' or 'brit' analogy actually watched the video?
Old 14-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Banned by Moderators

yohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperyohankebab has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
This thread is making me fancy a good chink. I'm off to the Fat Kok for a bit of sweet n sour pork, catch ya later.
Old 14-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
have a ******* word with yourself
Come again?
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
Old 14-08-2015, 08:10 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Imagine thinking that Brit is in anyway similar to that insult. Jesus.

Free Palestine
Old 14-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE View Post
Come again?
i think the point he is getting at is that given it is known that the term is considered offensive by most people of Japanese origin (and if people didn't know that before they certainly do since the story broke), it is a little bit frustrating that people try and compare it to calling someone a Brit (which isn't considered remotely offensive by most people of British origin), and frankly those that are making that argument sound quite a lot like people in the 1970/ 1980s trying to defend the use of shortened form of the word ****stan to refer to people from the Indian subcontinent (who often weren't from ****stan) even when they knew it was offensive.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 14-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
i think the point he is getting at is that given it is known that the term is considered offensive by most people of Japanese origin (and if people didn't know that before they certainly do since the story broke), it is a little bit frustrating that people try and compare it to calling someone a Brit (which isn't considered remotely offensive by most people of British origin), and frankly those that are making that argument sound quite a lot like people in the 1970/ 1980s trying to defend the use of shortened form of the word ****stan to refer to people from the Indian subcontinent (who often weren't from ****stan) even when they knew it was offensive.
basically this. If you seriously think calling someone a Jap in the way Vardy did is no worse than Brit/Scot then you could do with going on that 'diversity course' yourself
Old 14-08-2015, 11:27 PM

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Imagine thinking that Brit is in anyway similar to that insult. Jesus.
Yes imagine a word that could be insulting. Jeez....
Old 14-08-2015, 11:31 PM

Quote:
basically this. If you seriously think calling someone a Jap in the way Vardy did is no worse than Brit/Scot then you could do with going on that 'diversity course' yourself
That will only last until British start to take offence at it.

I'm starting today. I've already been defending the racism against menolin deficient people ('gingers' - derogatory) for some time but apparently that's still ok.

How long before adjectives are illegal...
Old 14-08-2015, 11:32 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yup. Just watch the video ffs.
Old 15-08-2015, 09:34 AM

Haven't watched the video btw, I'm certain he was being an arsehole whatever he said.
Old 15-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Haven't watched the video btw, I'm certain he was being an arsehole whatever he said.
He was, he was acting like an utter twat
Old 15-08-2015, 09:57 AM

Mr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
proper c-unit behaviour. pure aggressive for no good reason
Old 15-08-2015, 10:10 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Iguana View Post
proper c-unit behaviour. pure aggressive for no good reason
^

Probably a good job for his sake Jedi isn't facing him anytime soon.