Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 15-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got a feeling that he's too much of a pussy to call anyone out bigger than him.
Old 15-08-2015, 01:06 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Ironic that this story was exposed by The Sun. I'm pretty sure they've used the term Jap in headlines in the past. They certainly used Kraut which is no better.
Old 16-08-2015, 03:57 PM

leicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is here
long may this partnership flourish.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11836899_10207837329956672_2073084140488359056_n.jpg (99.7 KB, 100 views)
Old 16-08-2015, 04:23 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
That will only last until British start to take offence at it.

I'm starting today. I've already been defending the racism against menolin deficient people ('gingers' - derogatory) for some time but apparently that's still ok.

How long before adjectives are illegal...
You are speaking like history never happened. It's all so logical until you think of context. Does it really ruin your life to avoid a few racially charged words that hurt others?
Old 16-08-2015, 11:25 PM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Sorry what they think is offensive isn't the only factor when deciding whether it's all that outrageous. You can make your own mind up about levels of wrong as well. Assuming we accept being nasty like that isn't ideal and doesn't make the person look that nice a person.

There are huge differences between derogatory words for a person from a country when used in Britain.

If the word is aimed at a someone from a country that we colonised and then treated like crap because people didn't like it when some of them decided to move to Britain for a better life. Then I have far more issues with it than a word that is used for a person from a country that decided to jump in bed with Hitler and generally treated our people like animals. The words just have totally different connotations. Yes they might both be nasty and unkind but i know which one i would judge someone for using more (see also Kraut and wop). One is all about oppression and discrimination and the other just stems from a gripe between nations.

The fact he didn't know he was from japan and therefore might well not have been does make it slightly worse. However it still doesn't elevate my view of him beyond being a nasty arrogant tit.

A bit like Gweilo it's not nice to have such a term but it's hardly something we are mortally offended by. I imagine that or say farang used in an aggressive situation like this isn't all that nice but they are hardly words that would get people the sack. They just don't have the same history as other words i would think of as properly racist labels.
Actually, offence should be almost completely in the eye of the person it was directed at when using words that have racist connotations and long history of such (usually accompanied by aggression or discrimination). And even if you want to play on the side of caution. In context, if you direct it, repeatedly, with anger at an individual, who you then get up to fight with, there seems little other conclusion you can draw.

With regards to the other examples. Farang has never, by anyone been considered a racial slur and is infact a Thai inflection of a middle eastern word meaning European (according to my Thai friend). It's never been used in hatred in any meaningful way.

Gweilo started out as a derogatory way of describing uncultured foreigners who were "invading" their shores over 200 years ago. The word hasn't been considered derogatory by anyone for a century.

It's odd that Caucasians seem to feel they can decide which words an ethnic minority is and isn't allowed to be offended by.
Old 17-08-2015, 03:23 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essexeagle View Post

Gweilo started out as a derogatory way of describing uncultured foreigners who were "invading" their shores over 200 years ago. The word hasn't been considered derogatory by anyone for a century.
Rubbish.

Last edited by scro; 17-08-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 17-08-2015, 04:27 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Actually, offence should be almost completely in the eye of the person it was directed at when using words that have racist connotations and long history of such (usually accompanied by aggression or discrimination). And even if you want to play on the side of caution. In context, if you direct it, repeatedly, with anger at an individual, who you then get up to fight with, there seems little other conclusion you can draw.

With regards to the other examples. Farang has never, by anyone been considered a racial slur and is infact a Thai inflection of a middle eastern word meaning European (according to my Thai friend). It's never been used in hatred in any meaningful way.

It's odd that Caucasians seem to feel they can decide which words an ethnic minority is and isn't allowed to be offended by.
I-farang. farang kee nok ? Same same chai mai ?
Old 17-08-2015, 04:45 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:

Also I don't think you read my post. I said when judging how outrageous something is. It has nothing to do with whether i (as a Caucasian) decide whether a Japanese person is offended. Personally on the list of crimes offending a Japanese person with the use of Jap, is pretty low on the list. Whilst i also accept it's not a pleasant thing to do in that manner and wouldn't have done it myself. All be it I have been known to use the terms Jap's to describe the Japanese.

I am happy to mildly offend the German's, Japanese, American's, French and Italian's. Off the top of my head . I am sure there are a few more. So most words about them just don't upset me all be it i wouldn't use them at a stranger in an aggressive situation.

Last edited by scro; 17-08-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 17-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Rubbish.
Which part is rubbish? I don't know a single westerner who gets offended by the term. It's just come to mean foreigner (all foreigners, not just westerners), in fact most of them call themselves gweilo, in the same way europeans living in thailand refer to themselves as farang and in Singapore Ang Mo.

The context would need to be a long, long history of invective, discrimination and possibly violence to accompany the word.
Old 17-08-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Which part is rubbish? I don't know a single westerner who gets offended by the term. It's just come to mean foreigner (all foreigners, not just westerners), in fact most of them call themselves gweilo, in the same way europeans living in thailand refer to themselves as farang and in Singapore Ang Mo.

The context would need to be a long, long history of invective, discrimination and possibly violence to accompany the word.
So shortening the word Japanese to Jap is loads more offensive than referring to a white person as a ghost? Doesn't compute i am afraid. Personally i wouldn't lose much sleep over either but i suspect they are both less than "ideal".
Old 17-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Stealing your cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
I-farang. farang kee nok ? Same same chai mai ?
I thought Farang Ki Nok was more of an insult to Thai's who act like westeners? or to cheap tourists or something like that.

Either way, the word Farang isn't an insult in any way. If you want to add insulting words to it then it could possibly become one, but farang itself isn't considered an insult is it?
Old 17-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Stealing your cat

Quote:
So shortening the word Japanese to Jap is loads more offensive than referring to a white person as a ghost? Doesn't compute i am afraid. Personally i wouldn't lose much sleep over either but i suspect they are both less than "ideal".
It's not about the shortening of the word. It's about the invective that came with it. The racial discrimination associated with the word in the west (especially in America). In WWII, people were put into prison camps in the US simply for being of Japanese origin, the newspapers spewed hatred, people were beaten up on the streets and shunned (actually even before the war the workers faced huge discrimination). The Sun (ironically) and other tabloids spent decades using the word Jap in a derogatory context.

Gweilo was originally used hundreds of years ago to describe the foreigners coming to southern China and HK and plundering. Especially heightened after the opium wars I think.

And the definition isn't literal, in the sense that black slaves were also called gweilo, so bizarrely it wasn't a pure reference to colour but more to them being like devils or spirits.

And it also wasn't accompanied with people being interned, beaten up, called names in the street.

I'm of east Asian descent. Trust me, I've heard the term Jap plenty of times. None of them were casual observations on a nationality. All of them were an aggressive (an ignorant) slur on race. It's quite simple. A word is simply a word, until aggression and discrimination are attached to it. Then it becomes offensive. Vardy was being racist, absolutely no doubt about that. There used to be a time (when I was growing up) when people thought calling you a chink was "just a bit of banter" and would defend it to the hilt.

In fact, most Asians are overly deferential to white people and positively discriminate. Where the issue of race comes in is within Asia. For example, you could replace this conversation between Whites and Asians with Chinese and Malays/Indians in Singapore. There is HUGE Chinese ethnic privilege here and you find the level of casual racism against indians and malays quite astounding. Yet very few of the Chinese see it as a problem, and quite a lot of the minorities do.

Last edited by Essexeagle; 17-08-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 18-08-2015, 01:44 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicester1 View Post
long may this partnership flourish.......
A bit Chelsea of you...
Old 18-08-2015, 03:24 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thought Farang Ki Nok was more of an insult to Thai's who act like westeners? or to cheap tourists or something like that.

Either way, the word Farang isn't an insult in any way. If you want to add insulting words to it then it could possibly become one, but farang itself isn't considered an insult is it?
Mea farang there's another one. White mans wife often meant as an insult. Often used to insinuate she was/is a brass.

Farang kee nok (bird shit) is used to call white people peasants. Farang is often used to insult. Yep tone of voice is used, but don't believe it never Is used as an insult.

How about Kak, niggra ?

Last edited by thefox; 18-08-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Old 18-08-2015, 07:14 AM

Anyway here's some currently available Thai products that the farang (guava, ' see it looks like you') can buy....

The 'black man, 3 spins ' mop.

Or if you like shiny teeth.

Last edited by thefox; 18-08-2015 at 07:17 AM.
Old 18-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Stealing your cat

Quote:
Mea farang there's another one. White mans wife often meant as an insult. Often used to insinuate she was/is a brass.

Farang kee nok (bird shit) is used to call white people peasants. Farang is often used to insult. Yep tone of voice is used, but don't believe it never Is used as an insult.

How about Kak, niggra ?

Fair enough. But I think you get the point I'm making right. These words are rarely used as invective, and are not backed up with violence, collective punishment. The word itself was a literal and factual translation of the word European. White people have never been victimised en masse in thailand, or HK or Singapore. Beaten up, had jobs refused, been fired, had things thrown at them, been interned - simply for being white (although if you watch owen wilson movies you'd think so).

I thought kee nok was more of a slang to talk about white people who are cheap and low class (as in someone who doesn't spend money because of the stereotype that white people in thailand all have money)

Last edited by Essexeagle; 18-08-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Old 18-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Stealing your cat

Quote:
Anyway here's some currently available Thai products that the farang (guava, ' see it looks like you') can buy....

The 'black man, 3 spins ' mop.

Or if you like shiny teeth.

It's bizarre - Darlie is sold all over Asia.

And yeah. There is a lot of casual racism (as I mentioned in the other post) towards darker people. Even within Asia darker Japanese are seen as inferior to the pale ones. I've not once argued that there isn't racism in Asia. There is everywhere.

They don't see how it is racist. Which all the more goes to strengthen the argument that offence should be in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited by Essexeagle; 18-08-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 18-08-2015, 12:06 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Bule... used in Indonesia towards white people got on my nerves I must admit.

When I was out there I mentioned to a group of Indonesian friends that I felt it had racist connotations and they couldn't understand why. "You're a bule... so we call you a bule..., that's a spade, we call it a spade" was the basis of their reply.
Old 18-08-2015, 12:10 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
They will find enough 'differences' to justify sacking the previous 3 but not Vardy. All the noise at the time was that they had to come down hard of racism with foreign owners and trying to open up foreign markets. Usually goals and points count for more than moral values though.
There are clear differences. Vardy was bad but not as bad as the others.

Should he have committed the same offence then he may have been treated differently, which is wrong, but we won't know for sure as this is not the case here.
Old 18-08-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. But I think you get the point I'm making right. These words are rarely used as invective, and are not backed up with violence, collective punishment. The word itself was a literal and factual translation of the word European. White people have never been victimised en masse in thailand, or HK or Singapore. Beaten up, had jobs refused, been fired, had things thrown at them, been interned - simply for being white (although if you watch owen wilson movies you'd think so).

I thought kee nok was more of a slang to talk about white people who are cheap and low class (as in someone who doesn't spend money because of the stereotype that white people in thailand all have money)

See one whitey get in a fight and watch another 20 Thais join in kicking the person in the head while he is on the ground. Thais except a few don't fight fights they can't win. But as said 20 against one no matter what caused it.

Then you had the Thais burning down the Chinese immigrants (who now own about 80% of the businesses and 75% of the private property in Thailand, figures that are thrown about ) businesses before and the King giving them Thai names. Now the racial kickings are done on Laos, Burmese and Cambodians, Thais can win those fights.

Still now you have low class Thais who hate Chinese Thais and refuse to work for them, racist or jealously ? Dunno. But the hate is there.

Kee nok is to call someone a pikey, a peasant etc. Thais use it on other Thais as well.

Ignorant thais still address 'farangs' as 'farang' while addressing the Thai as Pee or nong or khun, but the farang gets farang. Thais who mix with westerners don't do this and don't really use farang, but say the persons nationality and address them as Mr, mrs, Pee or khun or their name. Ignorant Thais use farang as they cant be bothered to address you the same as a Thai.

Thailand has job protectionism for Thais so no foreigners, farang whatever cant get the same jobs as a Thai even if they are married and have children here.