Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 26-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Oh and if anyone is wetting themselves over cloud based music one only has to remember Mobile me launch.
Old 26-01-2010, 01:03 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montstar
Isnt that a bit like a bigger mobile me then?
Yes, very much Mobile Me with knobs on. Mobile Me doesn't appear to have gained mainstream adoption but with a much hyped new gizmo and the emphasis on your media being stored remotely, Apple are quids in and everyone thinks that they have invented something new [edit after reading Dave's post] provided it works [/edit].

As I said in my previous post this is just unfounded speculation on what could be introduced to the world tomorrow.
Old 26-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Hardly unfounded, the internet is full of rumours about tomorrow, several of which you have repeated.
Old 26-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
I hope it fails.
Have apple launched much that has failed recently?

They seem to hit their intended markets spot on as far as I can see.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-01-2010, 01:22 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hardly unfounded, the internet is full of rumours about tomorrow, several of which you have repeated.
Speculation based on rumours is unfounded speculation, especially when it comes from someone technologically illiterate as myself.

My main speculation is on the new gadget having a focus on being cloud based, I haven't seen any rumours along those lines, although there are so many other rumours out there I wouldn't claim that I was the only person to have had this idea.
Old 26-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
Have apple launched much that has failed recently?

They seem to hit their intended markets spot on as far as I can see.
AppleTv, Mobile Me, new mouse, removing firewire from the macbook
Old 26-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not sure I'd call Apple Tv a failure. Not a big seller but it gives them a presence in a crowded sector. Mobile Me? Agreed, a bit like Mac.com. The Mouse? dunno, vive le trackpad. Firewire is a loss but I thought the same when they dropped disk drives.

They have yet to produce a 'Zune' or a Vista.
Old 26-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

AppleTV is a total failure
Old 26-01-2010, 03:23 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang

They have yet to produce a 'Zune' or a Vista.
They have. The latest version of the ipod shuffle. A metal suppository with sh1t tiny controls and Steven Hawkins telling you the incorrect track you are listening to.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 26-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight
They have. The latest version of the ipod shuffle. A metal suppository with sh1t tiny controls and Steven Hawkins telling you the incorrect track you are listening to.
Forgot that. Not sure I have ever seen one. Even in regent St.
Old 26-01-2010, 07:51 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
I hope it fails.
Why?
Old 26-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
In terms of serious product releases Apple TV, yes. The other three don't really count do they.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-01-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
In terms of serious product releases Apple TV, yes. The other three don't really count do they.
Its from the Chris Moyles show, I think they call it something like Daves tenuous link
Old 26-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
Why?
Because as Google takes on Apple they are becoming more closed, secretive, uncompetitive and evil.

I'm starting to hate on the brand too, accountants who want status symbols seems far removed from enabling creative people.
Old 27-01-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Because as Google takes on Apple they are becoming more closed, secretive, uncompetitive and evil.

I'm starting to hate on the brand too, accountants who want status symbols seems far removed from enabling creative people.
They've always been that way its just become more desirable, as its moved from a niche its become dirty. They are the BMW of the computer industry, there's nothing great in the package they offer they just do it well and have a good brand.

It was obvious they were going to close up shop on Google when they had a Google director on their board. It was only a matter of time, the game changed for them as soon as Google announced Android, it signalled Googles intent.

Google will eventually fall too and they'll be a new upstart come through to take its place, its life.

We need the Apples and Googles of this world, are Apple ever really bought by businesses (other than creatives)? Its not their target market, they want the desirable niche, and they pretty much hit that spot well.

As for the Tablet, I'm looking forward to see what it does tomorrow, might get one for a while to play with but I suspect it will offer little new it will just deliver it very well which is pretty much what Apple do.
Old 27-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
The AppleTV was never marketed as a serious device. Stevo and Big Phil have always referred to it as a 'hobby'.

Anyways, I like my aTV; it does what it says on the tin.
Old 27-01-2010, 07:04 AM
The New Crystals Rock!!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer CPFC Cheerleader Observer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett
The AppleTV was never marketed as a serious device. Stevo and Big Phil have always referred to it as a 'hobby'.

Anyways, I like my aTV; it does what it says on the tin.
Same for me too.
Old 27-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm so excited about today
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 27-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

What specific features are you looking forward to?
Old 27-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
What specific features are you looking forward to?
I have no idea what is in it in terms of software- I only know that Steve's been talking it up and I'm looking forward to something very special.

If it's just a big ipod touch for e-books I'll be very upset. I can't see that happening though.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...