Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-12-2014, 10:38 AM

Aguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks A.
The Kanex box looks like it may well work, even tho a bit pricey at 80 odd quid
Old 16-12-2014, 01:46 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Lakes View Post
I'm an occasional gamer and also would like to play Blu Ray discs, so would basically use the IMac as a monitor. Been into Maplin today and they reckon it's not possible to do.
i do mine with hdmi out everything thats on my mac screen is transferred to my tv screen depends on the ports on your mac and tv though

Steve Jobs
Old 28-12-2014, 12:25 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Thinking of getting an iMac. Anyone got a view on which model to go for? The 5k retina looked lovely in the shop but it's a lot of moneys for a puter.
Old 28-12-2014, 12:33 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by montstar View Post
i do mine with hdmi out everything thats on my mac screen is transferred to my tv screen depends on the ports on your mac and tv though
I have this
Thunderbolt to hdmi
On my two year old iMac
Works a treat
Old 28-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
Thinking of getting an iMac. Anyone got a view on which model to go for? The 5k retina looked lovely in the shop but it's a lot of moneys for a puter.
I would say, they're all good. Just be driven by your budget.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:27 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
my canon camera now says it won't work on this version of operating system when i connect it, any ideas please?
Old 09-01-2015, 05:26 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Got one yet??

Mine is from 2009 and has not missed a beat. A bit slow now with Yosemite but a few quid on RAM will fix that.
So that is 5 years and not a penny spent on extra software or anti virus since purchase.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:27 PM

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
Got one yet??

Mine is from 2009 and has not missed a beat. A bit slow now with Yosemite but a few quid on RAM will fix that.
So that is 5 years and not a penny spent on extra software or anti virus since purchase.
Not yet. Ended up needing new glasses and a new tooth instead. I will be getting one at some point, although still not sure about the 5k. Seems a bit like overkill.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not yet. Ended up needing new glasses and a new tooth instead. I will be getting one at some point, although still not sure about the 5k. Seems a bit like overkill.
My thoughts are go for a Mac Mini rather than an iMac, and acquire whatever resolution screen you want.

I've had both before, and when my iMac screen went (admittedly after six years) it was ridiculously expensive to have it fixed because Apple set it up so only extremely specific replacement units can be acquired to get it fixed. And they cost a fortune. A tad cheeky I thought.

I haven't looked at what they did with the latest refresh of the mini though.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I wouldn't go for the mini myself. If you don't want an iMac, I'd get a Macbook (Air or Pro) when the new ones come out which you can hook up to a monitor if you want. That way you get portability and a Desktop.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:49 PM

4 conflicting opinions. GOOD.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:05 PM

noggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenoggin the nog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm getting a shed load of pop ups on safari and on chrome I have got the ad blockers on, do I need to go back and do a re install or can I get rid another way?
Old 09-01-2015, 06:16 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post

I've had both before, and when my iMac screen went (admittedly after six years) it was ridiculously expensive to have it fixed because Apple set it up so only extremely specific replacement units can be acquired to get it fixed. And they cost a fortune. A tad cheeky I thought.
Tad cheeky is not a word I use for Apple at the moment. I had my headphone socket go ffft (card not physical socket) 5 year old Mac "Sorry thats Vintage now, so we can't fix it but a new one"

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 09-01-2015, 06:41 PM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you
If it is not going to move an iMac is a fantastic desktop computer. I've been delighted with mine. My laptop died two years ago and I bought a mid-2012 Macbook Air. Having an SSD really is fantastic and book times are a breath of fresh air - excuse the pun. Basically if it is going to move get a Macbook but if it is staying in the same place you may as well get an iMac. The only reason I'd go for a Mac Mini would be if you were using it as some kind of home server or if you were determined to have it in the sitting room.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin the nog View Post
I'm getting a shed load of pop ups on safari and on chrome I have got the ad blockers on, do I need to go back and do a re install or can I get rid another way?
Probably Geneio or something. Relatively harmless but annoying. Download ClamXav (it's free) and it'll clean it up, or search the Apple Discussions for detailed instructions on removal.

People neglect malware on OSX at their peril now. Gone are the days of "I don't need an anti-virus programme, I have a Mac!".
Old 09-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I hate ******* itunes!!!

i have one album that for some reason splits itself over two in iTunes. 1st two tracks on one remaining 23 on the other. Can i merge them? Can I ****!

Rant over

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 09-01-2015, 07:50 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
The Mac thread

Having to use windows at work (on a mac) feels like punishment
Old 09-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Just wondered if anyone has used this to record stuff from inlayer or amazon instant.

Looks pretty useful
Old 10-01-2015, 09:29 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:

Hang on a minute; a tooth! I know this is a Mac thread but it seems we all missed the story there. Hope you're OK.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
Hang on a minute; a tooth! I know this is a Mac thread but it seems we all missed the story there. Hope you're OK.
I'm fine ta! Don't worry, I didn't get punched in the mouth by Selhurst Celtic much as I have that coming. A very boring story indeed. Routine crown at the back after a shite filling from an NHS dentist many years ago.