Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-12-2002, 11:19 AM

Bobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Simon Jordan's future?

As we get closer to another new year I wonder how the club will perform as a whole in 2003, the clubs financial problems have been highlighted in the press in recent weeks and for some reason or another the clubs finances are kept close to its chest. Simon Jordan's chairmanship is approaching it's third year and obviously on the field the club has grown but at what cost? 30m has been spent so far but if the stories are true from the tabloids then I do worry about our short term future, does Simon really want promotion? It'll cost him more money, okay gate receipts will go up but also players will want more money for playing in the premier plus adding to the squad. He's made it clear recently that players like Mullins may have to be sold in January, so it puts him in a difficult situation to break up the team or go for broke and try to get into the premiership, but has Mr Jordan got the funds to do so?, personally I don't think he has, which is no dig at him, I think we'll always be grateful to him for bailing out our club at it's lowest period in the clubs history, but the club needs to move on and become better than what we are at present, I'll be interested if many Palace fans out their see Mr Jordan as the man to take the club forward. I know times are hard for most clubs at present and it's difficult to know who could and who would want to buy our club, especially with the club not owning it's own ground and it seems doesn't seem likely to do so in the near future and it's obvious debts. I know it's a grim way at looking into the new year but these things need to be aired, more than anything I wish Simon Jordan would be straight with us about where the clubs future and where he feels his future lies.
Old 26-12-2002, 11:27 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
"the club needs to move on and become better than what we are at present"

Does it? Who says?
Old 26-12-2002, 11:34 AM

Bobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I said it!
Old 26-12-2002, 05:39 PM

Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son
Re: Simon Jordan's future?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Dandruff
I wish Simon Jordan would be straight with us about where the clubs future and where he feels his future lies.
What eveidence do you have that he has not been straight with us?

There's certainly evidence of mistakes, and things he's said that with hindsight he probably wishes he had not said. But that's different. Where's the evidence, the hard facts, that support the view that he has not been straight?
Old 26-12-2002, 07:04 PM

Jimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
THe way I look at is that we would nt have a club at all if he hadnt bought it! Very few fans know everything about the behind the scenes discussions. That is a fact of life and maybe in our interest that we dont know everything - not for a bad thing just it stops an out break of rumours...etc. WE have to trust SJ (and i Do) but if he came and said that we are in a strong financial position - everyone would complain and say why is he saying this - there must be a problem -- AT THE end of people will read the worst into what ever he says
Old 26-12-2002, 07:11 PM
I'll have another beer

SelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineSelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineSelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineSelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineSelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineSelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineSelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineSelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineSelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineSelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nineSelhurstSuperstar keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
The press need news, Jordan made a comment about 18 months of pain, which all clubs will face, and they leapt upon it and assumed we were in trouble. Don't read everything you hear in the papers and put some faith into a man who invested his personal fortune into saving our club.

No he isn't a Al Fayed but not every person who takes over Crystal Palace will be a Mark Golberg.
Old 27-12-2002, 09:16 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It is quite possible that the only reason that there have been any references in the press about any financial problems at Palace is that SJ has been TOO straight with the fans about the current and future situation. When he said that there would be 18 months of pain he was being honest. The fact that other chairmen have not said this does not make it any less true for their clubs, but because it was SJ who said it, then it's time for the press to rummage through the files and see what other possible hints of trouble they can find. After all, it's easier than looking for a new story. Two clubs face winding up orders to be heard in January, but they are "small" so the press aren't that bothered, it's a non-story outside the Potteries or Yorkshire. How do you think their fans feel? Palace were in a mess, but we never got to the stage where a winding up order was actually served. There was an article I read earlier in the week which said that Sheff Wed had renegotiated their debts with their banker, but that they could not be relegated or the deal could be off, if true they seem to be in a precarious position!

SJ says that if the right offer comes in players like Gray and Mullins would be sold in the transfer window, and this is again taken as a sign of financial problems. But the same thing has been being said since the ITV Digital fiasco, and again SJ is the one who has given it straight to the fans, but its hardly news - every club in the land (and yes I do mean EVERY club) would sell their players if "the right offer" was received. True enough the smaller the club the smaller the amount of money to produce the offer. As a result of SJ has said there is an almost universal expectation of the deaprture of Gray and/or Mullins - but has there been a single real offer, not a press-invented theory? Some people are saying that SJ should offer Gray and indeed Black "whatever it takes" to keep them at Palace, and if he lets either or both go it is a sign of financial problems, but Goldberg basically did that, and we know that tale!

I'm not saying that everything in the garden is rosey, it isn't at Palace nor at virtually any club, but I believe that many clubs are in a far worse position. To be honest I often wish that SJ would be LESS open about the situation at Palace. He can't just tell the fans, once said the press can pick up on and endlessly recycle it. That's not his way though, he will have his say, and inevitably that becomes press fodder.

Last edited by Beanie; 27-12-2002 at 09:26 AM.
Old 27-12-2002, 09:46 AM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1. If Jordan wants to sell please explain why he would broadcast this in advance as this would ony lower the selling price.

2. I can not imagine anyone wanting to buy a football club at the moment - especially as I should imagine Jordan, understandably, would want to recoup all or most of his investment.

3. Promotion would be good financially. The players would I imagine be on higher win bonuses and receive promotion bonuses but these would be greatly outweighed by the increase in TV money. I would not have thought that in the current environment the current squad would expect large basic increases.

4. Where clubs go wrong financially when promoted is to spend large amounts on new players and give them 4/5 year contracts that they can not honour if they are relegated. If we were promoted Jordan would have to work out how much, if any, he was prepared to pump in.
Old 27-12-2002, 09:57 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin
1. If Jordan wants to sell please explain why he would broadcast this in advance as this would ony lower the selling price.
I think SJ does not WANT to sell - he is PREPARED to sell "at the right price". Very different!

You are right, if SJ wanted/needed to sell advertising the fact is stupid, but saying he would sell at right price says "Okay I will sell - but NOT at a cut price". If the "right price" for a player was 1m, in the first situation a club would bid, say, 500k and SJ would have to accept, but in the second he would say that 500k was not the "right price" and wait until 1m was offered. Saying he'll only sell for full value could actually avoid unsettling low bids.
Old 27-12-2002, 10:07 AM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
We all think that he should stay at the helm. "No, I don't". "Yes you do." "NO, I DON'T." "YOU DO!" "We all agreed to stick to the one viewpoint before we all posted this, so keep quiet!!!"

Jordan must stay. It would have been better if he'd gone, but as he's still here now, then stay he must. There's no better devil to take over than the one we know.

Is he bored? I don't know. "Nor do I." "Or me." Anyway, with football clubs in terms of investments about as attractive as John Merrick through a spoon, if Jordan did up and go now, who the hell would take his haddock?

Hear, Hear!!
Old 27-12-2002, 10:12 AM
odious little scroat

Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad
If it wasn't for SJ there would be no cpfc!

He WILL make this club great again

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.
Old 27-12-2002, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by henryhallandhisbasque
We all think that he should stay at the helm. "No, I don't". "Yes you do." "NO, I DON'T." "YOU DO!" "We all agreed to stick to the one viewpoint before we all posted this, so keep quiet!!!"

Jordan must stay. It would have been better if he'd gone, but as he's still here now, then stay he must. There's no better devil to take over than the one we know.

Is he bored? I don't know. "Nor do I." "Or me." Anyway, with football clubs in terms of investments about as attractive as John Merrick through a spoon, if Jordan did up and go now, who the hell would take his haddock?

Hear, Hear!!
Anybody out there speak this language? Obviously still having a good christmas!!!