Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-12-2002, 09:08 PM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We can forget Reading, they truly are in a false position and are on their way back to mid-table. Of the other 3 there at the moment I reckon Norwich are the most likely to stutter a bit. Mind you Forest sounded pretty poor today vs Pompey.........

Of the teams below us only Wolves concern me as while they do lose games they also win games by 3 goals and keep the goal difference healthy. The other also-rans are just that.
Old 28-12-2002, 09:28 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Forget Norwich - they will drop; Forest are good but will they be able to refuse offers for their best 3 players in January?

Sheff Utd in 3rd? They won't finish above us.

Reading will slump without Upson.

Watch out for Ipswich though - only 6 points behind us and well capable of putting a run together.

Just a shame Pompey and Leicester are so far ahead of us. The Filberts will probably lose one or two in the sales though?
Old 28-12-2002, 09:33 PM

as216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
So who else (like me) cried "Handball" when their goalie saved it even though he was a good three yards inside the box lol
Old 28-12-2002, 09:48 PM

PALACE 4 EVER is playing for a contract
just hope palace can keep up there winning ways,maybe theres a chance to grab automatic and we will be heading to the premiership to face the big boys.under clever trevor

we are going up!!!!!!!!!
Old 28-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Forest were only team I think have looked better than us all year.

Leicster not too far behind but it was hard to see how good they were with all there dirtiness in the way.

TAGGART YOU C....
Old 28-12-2002, 10:40 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
There was a real buzz leaving the ground today, something that has been missing for sometime. What pleased me most was how in control we looked, I will happily keep eating this humble pie, if we keep climbing the table. Cardiff here we come!!!!!!!!
Old 28-12-2002, 11:15 PM
Banned by Moderators

freekickuk is playing for a contract
it will be good to see all the forwards fit and fighting for a place in the new year they are going to frighten the sh!t out of the rest of this league.
Old 29-12-2002, 10:52 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The key to sustaining our challenge is keeping the three central defenders fit. And one of the reasons we were less effective in the second half yesterday (apart from the fact that we were cruising) was that Mullins was no longer in midfield.

I can't remember a Palace defence that was less inclined to panic and gave away fewer chances than our current one.
Old 29-12-2002, 11:01 AM

selhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst star : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
The key to sustaining our challenge is keeping the three central defenders fit. And one of the reasons we were less effective in the second half yesterday (apart from the fact that we were cruising) was that Mullins was no longer in midfield.

I can't remember a Palace defence that was less inclined to panic and gave away fewer chances than our current one.

Nail on the head, trouble is the back 3 are so fragile when it comes to knocks and injuries, which belies how tough and dominant they are when in the side together. why do they miss so many games through injurie? I mean how many games have they actually played 90 min together? less than 5 I bet.
Old 29-12-2002, 11:34 AM
Forever Young

Wingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Look at the next few games. Certainly should pick up 7 or more (9) points in the next 3 I feel. Coventry, while in a similar position to us in the league table, we have proved are more than beatable, (especially at Fortress Selhurst) Bradford to tell the truth should be a walkover for us, despite a good recent result, and Burnley at home is another we shouldnt struggle with. I think at least 2 wins and a draw are going to be needed with the 3 games coming up after these, neither Leicester or Forest will be at all easy to take points off, and as has been said elsewhere on this thread, Ipswich are a bit resurgent at the moment. I think from the last 3 though, we should be able to pull together a couple of draws and a win, making it a potential 12 out of 18 points against what might be viewed as some fairly tricky opposition - very good form I think you'd all agree.
Old 29-12-2002, 11:47 AM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
It's like an episode of "Dallas"...

..and when Pam Ewing woke up, she found Bobby in the shower. She turned on the television, and there were Palace playing attractive football and challenging for the play-offs.

"Bobby dying in a car accident, all that horrific ugly football over the last year, it must all have been a dream" she thought.
Old 29-12-2002, 12:15 PM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
the way that we are level on points with Coventry makes Wednesday's game very very big. Win it and we have a cushion between us and the chasing pack, lose it and we're playing catch-up again
Old 29-12-2002, 12:33 PM
Stripes reborn

Forever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've got my appetite back. It's become exciting stuff. What really is good is that we're consistant too. I now expect another good display each match, and get it too. (Hope I'm not tempting fate here especially playing our true bogey side next)

Come on you casual supporters get down to Selhurst .You really are missing out and it's about time our support came out of the wood work.
Old 29-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
we need to improve our away form
Old 29-12-2002, 01:47 PM
Living the dream

Bourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Forest were only better than us in the second half, if we had taken our chances first half the three points would have been ours.
As for the other teams on our day (With only half of the injuries we have had) we have no one to fear