Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-12-2015, 05:00 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Looking through the best of charts reminds me of how little new music I hear now - loads of acts I like came out with new albums and I haven't listened to any of them - Jim O'Rourke, for goodness' sake!

Werner Herzog
Old 17-12-2015, 05:58 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Number 95 in Louder Than War's Top 100 for 2105
Old 17-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Send Nudes

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Kamasi Washington - The Epic

"People go to Brighton for various reasons. A holiday, a place to retire, a dirty weekend. You don't go there for football."
Old 17-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Send Nudes

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Dornik - Dornik

"People go to Brighton for various reasons. A holiday, a place to retire, a dirty weekend. You don't go there for football."
Old 19-12-2015, 02:03 PM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Probably in this sort of order:

Grimes
Maribou State
Jamie XX
Chvrches
Wolf Alice
The Maccabees
Boxed In
Courtney Barnett
Kendrick Lamar
Floating Points
Florence & The Machine
Laura Marling

Undoubtedly many I've forgotten
Old 31-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
1, El Vy
Old 31-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Here's my top 25, roughly in order of greatness. I think it's been a superb year for new music.

This Love Is Deadly
Low
Charlatans
Algiers
Duran Duran
Braids
Courtney Barnett
Swim Deep
Julia Holter
Wolf Alice
Car Seat Headrest
Blank Realm
Younghusband
The World Is A Beautiful Place...
Fever Dream
Echo Lake
No Joy
Blur
Mercury Rev
Hatcham Social
Ringo Deathstarr
Foals
Cheatahs
El Vy
Of Montreal
Old 31-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Of the albums actually released this year I have probably liked Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell most. I liked Wilco's Star Wars a lot more than I thought I would as well.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1. Algiers (Algiers)
2. Julien Baker (Sprained Ankle)
3. Girl Band (Holding hands with Jamie)
4. Everything Everything (Get to Heaven)
5. Dilly Dally (Sore)
6. Courtney Barnett (Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes i just sit)
7. The Maccabees (Marks to prove it)
8. Ought (Sun coming down)
9. Gaz Coombes (Matador)
10. Public Service Broadcasting (The race for Space)
Honourable mentions - Foals, Soak, Desperate Journalist, Mourn, Tellison.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:16 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
My Top 20:
  1. Kode9 - Nothing
  2. Deantoni Parks - Technoself
  3. Dr Yen Lo - Day With Dr Yen Lo
  4. L'Orange & Jeremiah Jae - The Night Took Us In Like Family
  5. FiS - The Blue Quicksand Is Going Now
  6. Rustie - EVENIFYOUDONTBELIEVE
  7. BOOTS - AQUARIA
  8. Battles - La Di Da Di
  9. Kill The Vultures - Carnelian
  10. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress
  11. Baroness - Purple
  12. Grimes - Art Angels
  13. DJ Paypal - Sell Out
  14. Golden Rules - Golden Ticket
  15. Darkstar - Foam Island
  16. Jlin - Dark Energy
  17. Miss Red - Murder
  18. Action Bronson - Mr Wonderful
  19. Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete
  20. Heems - Eat Pray Thug

Plus i've enjoyed the following albums as well...

Bastien Keb - Dinking In The Shadows of Zizou
GrandeMarshall - My Brother's Keeper
Wiki – Lilme
Ratking - 700 Fill
Young Fathers - White Men Are Black Men Too
MED, Blu & Madlib - Bad Neighbor
Gangrene - You Disgust Me
JT The Goon - King Triton
D.R.A.M. - Gahdamn!
HEALTH - Death Magic
BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah - Sour Soul
Run The Jewels - Meow The Jewels
THEEsatisfaction - EarthEE
The Alchemist - Isreali Salad
Earl Sweatshirt - I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside
Jeremih - Late Nights
Rome Fortune x OG Maco - Yep
Rome Fortune & Ceej - lolou
Until The Ribbon Breaks - A Lesson Unlearnt
Rabit - Communion
Levantis - Romantic Psychology Vol 1
OG Maco - 15
Becoming Real - Pure Apparition
Toro Y Moi - Samantha
M.E.S.H. - Piteous Gate
Daughn Gibson - Carnation
Liturgy - The Ark Work
Torche - Restarter
Cannibal Ox - Blade Of The Ronin
Arca - Mutant
Jose Gonzales - Vestiges and Claws
Miguel - Wild Heart
Tame Impala - Currents
Visionist - Safe
RP Boo - Fingers, Bank Pads and Shoeprints
Kehlani - You Should Be Here
!!! - As If

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 05-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nice to see Courtney Barnett get a few mentions.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:02 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Adele blitzed it her sales alone beat the rest added up together
Old 08-01-2016, 08:48 AM

Dixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperDixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperDixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperDixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperDixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperDixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperDixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperDixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperDixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperDixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperDixie Eagle has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Angie Stone - Dream
The Foreign Exchange - Milk and Honey