Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 20-04-2019, 07:18 AM
JackTheBiscuit JackTheBiscuit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,421
Rep Power: 21474845
JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
I think we saw the benefit of having benteke to win the out ball against city, made a difference as we have no one capable of passing the ball out from the back. When we tried we invariably gave the ball away

We also saw how frustrating it was that benteke was winning so much in the air but wilf and Townsend were too far from him to win the second ball

Bats and Ben... it痴 time. Well for the last 4 games is time actually

Let痴 not **** around failing to pass at the back and getting in trouble, go long sometimes and be all over the second ball from benteke

覧覧覧覧覧覧-Guaita覧覧覧覧覧覧
AWB覧覧-kelly覧覧覧-Dann覧覧覧-Pva
Townsend覧-kouyate覧覧-Luka覧覧覧-wilf
覧覧覧覧傭ats覧覧benteke覧覧覧覧

Our best 11 for the run in

Like to see Meyer get some time too but with 442, at least against arsenal we need the bite of Luka and kouyate in the middle

Edit: oh when we have benteke in the box, especially with bats sniffing around for the lose ball... ******* CROSS THE BALL. IM LOOKING AT YOU ANDROS... GET TO THE LINE, OR EARLY...STAND IT UP...YOU DONT HAVE TO CUT BACK EVERY SINGLE TIME...PLEASE
That would be my team
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 21-04-2019, 06:50 AM
AddoWolz's Avatar
AddoWolz AddoWolz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 52
Posts: 6,301
Rep Power: 21474846
AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
I think we saw the benefit of having benteke to win the out ball against city, made a difference as we have no one capable of passing the ball out from the back. When we tried we invariably gave the ball away

We also saw how frustrating it was that benteke was winning so much in the air but wilf and Townsend were too far from him to win the second ball

Bats and Ben... it痴 time. Well for the last 4 games is time actually

Let痴 not **** around failing to pass at the back and getting in trouble, go long sometimes and be all over the second ball from benteke

覧覧覧覧覧覧-Guaita覧覧覧覧覧覧
AWB覧覧-kelly覧覧覧-Dann覧覧覧-Pva
Townsend覧-kouyate覧覧-Luka覧覧覧-wilf
覧覧覧覧傭ats覧覧benteke覧覧覧覧

Our best 11 for the run in

Like to see Meyer get some time too but with 442, at least against arsenal we need the bite of Luka and kouyate in the middle

Edit: oh when we have benteke in the box, especially with bats sniffing around for the lose ball... ******* CROSS THE BALL. IM LOOKING AT YOU ANDROS... GET TO THE LINE, OR EARLY...STAND IT UP...YOU DONT HAVE TO CUT BACK EVERY SINGLE TIME...PLEASE
No chance that we will play with Benteke and Batshuayi in the same team , it makes the midfield a man light , Benteke is more of a Centre back than a Centre forward these days , I know Batshuayi is only a loan player but he looks far more likely to score than Benteke so all the time we are paying him he should play .
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 21-04-2019, 07:21 AM
Palacebear Palacebear is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,139
Rep Power: 4545040
Palacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Guaita
AWB Kelly Dann PVA
AT Luka Kouyate Meyer Wilf
CB

This is the team that I would start.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 21-04-2019, 07:31 AM
bigend1's Avatar
bigend1 bigend1 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Age: 37
Posts: 12,976
Rep Power: 21474853
bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
No chance that we will play with Benteke and Batshuayi in the same team , it makes the midfield a man light , Benteke is more of a Centre back than a Centre forward these days , I know Batshuayi is only a loan player but he looks far more likely to score than Benteke so all the time we are paying him he should play .
I don’t thInk Roy will today but bats is utterly anonymous as a lone striker

We can’t pass out so give the ball away going long with him in the side or try to pass and get ourselves in trouble

I think Roy was unlucky first half of the season not nearly getting the results performances deserved. He has however switched to 433.. playing ayew ans bats persistently in ill suited roles and sticking with schlupp in midfield is making me lose faith a bit

We’ve gone from playing some cracking football let down by an incredible failure to finish chances to dull, nervous crap relying on wilf and Luka to get and score penalties in one season
__________________
It's a old story but if i could change the username i would... ok?!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 21-04-2019, 07:54 AM
Mr Palace Mr Palace is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Balham
Age: 42
Posts: 17,892
Rep Power: 21474852
Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Anonymous other than scoring some quality goals you mean?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 21-04-2019, 07:57 AM
bigend1's Avatar
bigend1 bigend1 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Age: 37
Posts: 12,976
Rep Power: 21474853
bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Anonymous other than scoring some quality goals you mean?
Yeah

That痴 what I said. He痴 a finisher. But when lone striker he does virtually nothing otherwise. Not a criticism just we need to do something else. Play someone with him

Since Sakho got injured we just can稚 get the ball forward effectively. Try to pass out, fail and when we pump it forward it usually gives the ball away

You can稚 say he looks good when we barely get the ball in their area?
__________________
It's a old story but if i could change the username i would... ok?!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 21-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Mr Palace Mr Palace is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Balham
Age: 42
Posts: 17,892
Rep Power: 21474852
Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Yeah

That痴 what I said. He痴 a finisher. But when lone striker he does virtually nothing otherwise. Not a criticism just we need to do something else. Play someone with him

Since Sakho got injured we just can稚 get the ball forward effectively. Try to pass out, fail and when we pump it forward it usually gives the ball away

You can稚 say he looks good when we barely get the ball in their area?
Lkke you, I'd play him with either benteke or Wickham alongside him. It must be worth a try.

The loss of Sakho's passing out from the back has been a huge loss. We need to be more direct. Arsenal's defence wouldnt enjoy being up against Batshuayi and Benteke.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 21-04-2019, 08:32 AM
wavey's Avatar
wavey wavey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,826
Rep Power: 16596806
wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Lkke you, I'd play him with either benteke or Wickham alongside him. It must be worth a try.

The loss of Sakho's passing out from the back has been a huge loss. We need to be more direct. Arsenal's defence wouldnt enjoy being up against Batshuayi and Benteke.
It really is. I wonder whether it痴 worth trying Meyer playing deeper when we have possession. Have AWB & PVA push forward and have MM and LM drop deep, picking the ball up from the CB痴, and have them try and find the vertical pass that Sakho often finds. They also have each other for support when the inevitable press comes in.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 21-04-2019, 09:33 AM
Mr Palace Mr Palace is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Balham
Age: 42
Posts: 17,892
Rep Power: 21474852
Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
It really is. I wonder whether it痴 worth trying Meyer playing deeper when we have possession. Have AWB & PVA push forward and have MM and LM drop deep, picking the ball up from the CB痴, and have them try and find the vertical pass that Sakho often finds. They also have each other for support when the inevitable press comes in.
That woild be interesting. We need to find some way of making up for the loss of being able to play out from the back. Dann and Kelly are not good on the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 21-04-2019, 09:57 AM
bodger bodger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,029
Rep Power: 16937273
bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we are losing we could go long ball for the last 20mins imagine CW CB Kouyate Dann Kelly in the box at free kicks and corners. They are great at home so we have to disrupt their game let them play and we are toast, the trouble is we are to nice a team to do the nasty snide stuff that the likes of Watford and Bournemouth do.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 21-04-2019, 11:38 AM
ASDA Pork Pies ASDA Pork Pies is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 23
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 77792
ASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bagASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bagASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bagASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bagASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bagASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bagASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bagASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bagASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bagASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bagASDA Pork Pies has got sunshine in a bag
Guaita

AWB
Kelly
Dann
PVA

Luka
Kouyate

Wilf
Townsend
Bats

Benteke

Lets give it a F****** go! Shield the defence Luka and Kouyate and let the others play in a fluid 3 behind Benteke. Roy won't do it. Likely to see Macca Kouyate and Luka in midfield again. Haven't really been able to pass the ball to each other all season.

Saying that,
Arsenal home record is impeccable and Roy is under a bit of a pressure again so he'll probably win to relieve that
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 21-04-2019, 11:50 AM
adrenalin john's Avatar
adrenalin john adrenalin john is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: out between inns
Age: 54
Posts: 32,183
Rep Power: 21474853
adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Guaita

AWB
Kelly
Dann
PVA

Luka
Kouyate
McArthur
Wilf
Townsend

Benteke

Keep it tight for 70 minutes, then bring on Batsuyhai and Meyer and go for it as they tire after their Italian sojourn
__________________
please see above
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.