Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Would you celebrate a Cardiff goal against us that sent Brighton down?
I’d be gutted. I’d never celebrate a goal against us. 56 15.69%
A wry smile may creep across my face 172 48.18%
I’d clap my hands (but without a clapper) 20 5.60%
Openly cheering as if Palace has scored 41 11.48%
Partying like after Kevin Phillips penalty 68 19.05%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
We can’t actually ‘send them down’ anyway can we as there’s another game left.

If we were one nil up in injury time and Cardiff equalised and that meant in the long run Brighton went down, that would be quite spectacular
Old 27-04-2019, 11:59 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
The thing is, they’ve got Man C last game, so any result that puts Cardiff ahead on points next weekend would virtually relegate them.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 27-04-2019, 11:59 AM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
"Palace fans" who would prefer Brighton to stay up over us finishing a place lower are weird.
I guess these same fans will be supporting Brighton this evening seeing as Newcastle are only a point below us.
Old 27-04-2019, 12:01 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan1 View Post
I guess these same fans will be supporting Brighton this evening seeing as Newcastle are only a point below us.
Very good point
Old 27-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me our season is done. I still see dunk running along the arthur lording it up and all the social media stuff after and to see those smiles wiped off their faces and us have the last laugh means so much more to me. So yes I will be wanting a Cardiff win if today's results set it up
Old 27-04-2019, 12:24 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
It’s a once in a lifetime chance! We can’t let it pass by.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 27-04-2019, 12:25 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is it not better to have a "local" derby against Brighton to look forward to, a game with so much passion involved for all concerned than a non discript game against Cardiff?
I know what i would choose.
Old 27-04-2019, 12:29 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
We should do what's best for Palace, which imo is play some of our fringe/youth players. Both teams are tossers anyway so it's a bit of a win-win to relegate one of them if we can.
Old 27-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we wanted to apply logic, it's best Cardiff stay up and go next season.
Old 27-04-2019, 12:34 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Let's just hope this thread isn't redundant by the end of today. This is the first time in my life that a Palace result doesn't seem to be the main event.
Old 27-04-2019, 12:38 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
The weeds will probably survive, but whoever stays up is likely to struggle next season. Thing is, will Uncle Tone have the stomach to dip in his pocket yet again?
Old 27-04-2019, 01:05 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Cardiff have some seriously horrid fans. You should have gone there for an away match in the 70s.

I’m from Cardiff and one of the reasons I support Palace is Cardiff was too dangerous to be an option. My parents were happier with me trekking to Palace than the idea of popping down to Ninian Park.
Old 27-04-2019, 01:22 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Cardiff have some seriously horrid fans. You should have gone there for an away match in the 70s.
Yep. Not much fun walking back to the station over the bridge, us on one side, them on the other singing, "You're going in the Taff" with 3 police in the middle.

Plus the scene of our relegation in 1974.

Nasty little lot indeed.
Old 27-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Colin is such a shameless tosser. By saying "how well the lads have done because most people had written us off for relegation in December" is in reality his way of covering his own arse against their likely relegation, whilst simultaneously suggesting to the listener that he himself has done terrific to keep them in the race for so long ....Tosser, I would rather they went down than Brighton
Old 27-04-2019, 01:42 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan1 View Post
I will be, and a Brighton win not only helps us to finish higher but means we can all support Palace, rather than Cardiff, when we meet
Old 27-04-2019, 02:50 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
In answer to thread tilte. Yes. It will be the highlight of a shit season.