Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 27-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Apres vous.

It will be quicker.
In terms of subscription a cancer, a disabled, a child protection and an animal charity. I do subscribe to some others but not relevant in this context. Not a fan of chuggers or the suspect characters with buckets outside SP on match days.

And yourself?
Old 27-04-2019, 06:50 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
SSAFA and RAFBF and my wife supports the Royal Marine Charity.

We contribute tenner a month for all three. I know it is not a lot and I would love to contribute more so maybe one day

That's generally how charities work a small amount from a lot of people.
Old 27-04-2019, 12:15 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Why do you immediately link foreign nationals, addiction and mental health together? It's a bit strange.
I don’t. I link those things with homelessness (in particular rough sleeping). Nice try though.
Old 27-04-2019, 03:02 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Agree 100 %
As do I. Itís a straw man argument though.
Old 27-04-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Scro... you have generally described students, beggars and foreign nationals in perjorative terms linked to remaining in the EU, I.e. that they have mental health, addictions and should not be the responsibility of the UK taxpayer and have previously described the hate crimes, xenophobia and murders of lyra McKee and jo Cox as some kind of overhyped hysteria.
You have also lauded the economic 'reality' of the employment numbers conveniently ignoring the reality of zero hour contracts, fiddling of the employment figures, child poverty and that independent analysis of leaving the EU already shows a shortfall in GDP growth of £60billion.
All the while you talk about the 'whole' problem and an almost pretentious claim to be pro- remain once in your life.
The reality it seems is that you really don't give a sh!t about those who will lose their jobs at Honda, Nissan etc, nor care about the homeless, nor those innocent EU migrants who pay more tax than you only to have their lives turned upside down by the most stupid vote in post war UK history....and then you try to portray it as some kind of left wing student idealism that is just intended to tax you more. It selfish, it's stupid, its racist and it's disingenous.
You don't fool me.
What a pile of old nonsense. So far wide of my points I can’t even be bothered to go into detail.
Old 27-04-2019, 04:56 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
As do I. Itís a straw man argument though.
Only if you take the highlighted bit in isolation. The rest of the post was a direct response.
Old 27-04-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Only if you take the highlighted bit in isolation. The rest of the post was a direct response.
Perhaps but the numbers are alarming. 60% of London’s street sleepers. I am happy to accept it’s nuanced these things of course very often are. I am happy to accept the reasons people (wherever they are from) end up on the street are varied and often sad. I am however also prepared to accept what appears to be the case, that eu immigration has also added to the problem.
Old 27-04-2019, 05:24 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
I donít. I link those things with homelessness (in particular rough sleeping). Nice try though.
They were your own words. Very Trump-y.
Old 27-04-2019, 05:27 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Perhaps but the numbers are alarming. 60% of Londonís street sleepers. I am happy to accept itís nuanced these things of course very often are. I am happy to accept the reasons people (wherever they are from) end up on the street are varied and often sad. I am however also prepared to accept what appears to be the case, that eu immigration has also added to the problem.
Are you taking into account London's economic supremacy in the UK? Of course it's going to have the highest percentage of foreign born rough sleepers.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:14 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Perhaps but the numbers are alarming. 60% of London’s street sleepers. I am happy to accept it’s nuanced these things of course very often are. I am happy to accept the reasons people (wherever they are from) end up on the street are varied and often sad. I am however also prepared to accept what appears to be the case, that eu immigration has also added to the problem.
I think more accurately how the uk has managed (not managed) Eu immigration has added to the problem. It certainly isn’t the EU’s fault that the uk completely failed to bring in Id cards and follow the rules that were available to the uk.

Probably why when Cameron went to ask for more powers to control immigration he was met with a collective ‘what the ****? You use zero of the rules available to you already’.
Old 29-04-2019, 06:07 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Itís a disgrace the amount of homeless foreigners. I look forward to the day when all the homeless are British.
Old 29-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
It’s a disgrace the amount of homeless foreigners. I look forward to the day when all the homeless are British.
Ideally you deal with the issue of people sleeping rough all together. Especially those that are suffering addiction and mental illness. To treat and put a roof over their heads would be money well spent.
Old 29-04-2019, 09:47 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
The reason the government didn't ever bother implementing a system to deport EU nationals was they looked at the cost to the benefit and rightly decided the costs were disproportionate to the benefit.

Of course some may argue the social angle should have been factored in.

Likewise do we really want to jail beggars? I find it awful just how many there are in London, but as someone who regularly gives to beggars I know when I don't know who it is, know when it is a local (and accept that the money is generally going on booze and drugs) but I also recognize there are 'professional beggars' operating from Eastern Europe who have made an economic decision to come and beg in London.

I haven't formulated my thinking to this latter group, but as yet I have never given them money.
Old 29-04-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
They were your own words. Very Trump-y.
No they were not. Nowhere did i indicate mental health problems or addiction were problems that have anything to do with nationality. They are of course problems that have strong links with living rough on the streets.