Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 26-09-2019, 11:47 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
I looked into what the character was actually tacking the stance that it probably was an over reaction, and instantly formed my opinion when seeing it. It’s the typical characture, big red lips, big eyes no real features. He might aswell taken a picture of a gollywog.
Yep that's why Pep's defence of it was so really disappointing. The character doesn't look like Mendy did (or does) at all. There is no similarity apart from the colour of their skin. So it is clearly about race and a caricature, not on looks.

So his argument 'some white people look like cartoon characters too' is just pathetic.
Old 27-09-2019, 12:49 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Yep that's why Pep's defence of it was so really disappointing. The character doesn't look like Mendy did (or does) at all. There is no similarity apart from the colour of their skin. So it is clearly about race and a caricature, not on looks.

So his argument 'some white people look like cartoon characters too' is just pathetic.

Really? No resemblance?

Ignore the colour part and there's no resemblance?

Again, if you changed the person and character to white... Would it be the same? Of course it would!
Old 27-09-2019, 12:50 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here

Well I tried to put the pic up but either my attaching ability is terrible or the BBS is lacking...

I suspect the former!

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 27-09-2019 at 12:52 AM.
Old 27-09-2019, 12:57 AM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=Eddie McGoldrick's tash;14926313]I think Pep could do with an education course on racism as well to be honeest
B. White people haven't been subject to lazy stereotypes throughout history, subjected to discrimination and prejudice that has gone as far as industrial scale slavery.

Maybe you need a educational course on the history of your country's attitude and discrimination towards the Irish. Caricatures of people with simian features and exported as slaves to the West Indies.
Old 27-09-2019, 01:00 AM

LiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Might be unpopular but in my opinion it should only be Mendy's opinion that matters.

It obviously wasn't the smartest thing to post on a private forum given the context and ridicule black caricatures are associated with, especially in this day and age where every post is scrutinised to the extreme. However, I think to suggest a punishment/ban is ridiculous if Mendy himself has no problem with the post in question.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=big bad John;14927587]
Quote:

Maybe you need a educational course on the history of your country's attitude and discrimination towards the Irish. Caricatures of people with simian features and exported as slaves to the West Indies.
You're completely missing the point. They were subjected to that because they were Irish not because of their skin colour!! They weren't discriminated against because they were white!! It isnt the same thing we are talking about here.

Also, are you suggesting Irish people still now face the same disadvantages and everyday prejudice as black people do? Because they don't. Some maybe but on nothing like the same scale. Just look at the recent social media abuse faced by Rashford, Pogba and Wilf. The issue at Hartlepool a week or two ago.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 27-09-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:53 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Really? No resemblance?

Ignore the colour part and there's no resemblance?

Again, if you changed the person and character to white... Would it be the same? Of course it would!
There is literally no resemblance apart from skin colour. I mean seriously, what is similar?

Does Mendy have giant, protruding bright red lips in that picture? No!

Did Mendy have a huge, round torso? No!

Did Mendy have giant, completely round eyes? No!

Did Mendy have a really tiny nose? No!

Did Mendy have a really round head? No!

Did Mendy have absolutely no neck? No!

Did Mendy have no ears? No!

Go on, tell me a single similarity other than their skin colour

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 27-09-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:54 AM
I'm thinking about it

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-09-2019, 11:20 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
There is literally no resemblance apart from skin colour. I mean seriously, what is similar?

Next you're going to tell me that Wayne Rooney actually looks like Shrek. Oh wait a minute.
Old 27-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Well done EMt, putting some people to shame on this thread.
Old 27-09-2019, 11:29 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamelEagle View Post
Might be unpopular but in my opinion it should only be Mendy's opinion that matters.

It obviously wasn't the smartest thing to post on a private forum given the context and ridicule black caricatures are associated with, especially in this day and age where every post is scrutinised to the extreme. However, I think to suggest a punishment/ban is ridiculous if Mendy himself has no problem with the post in question.
Yep, some people just like finding things to be offended about.
Old 27-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:

They all look the same innit
Old 27-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Reminds me of when I went to India on business a few years ago. I was travelling from Delhi to Bangalore and an Indian colleague in the Delhi office had arranged for someone to pick me up from Bangalore Airport. I asked her what to look out for at arrivals (i.e. a company name or my name on a board etc) and she replied "Sorry, I can't help you, they're all very dark down there and all look the same to me."
Old 27-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

The only similarity for me is how Mendy and the character are smiling, but that's it.
Old 27-09-2019, 12:39 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Glad there’s a bit more sense on this thread now, first two pages were tragic.
Old 27-09-2019, 12:40 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
Who on here is offended?
Old 27-09-2019, 12:51 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Precisely. That is basically the attitude.
Old 27-09-2019, 12:52 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
I have seen discussions about this online and believe me, there are a lot black people very (understandably) offended by it.
Old 27-09-2019, 01:27 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

If it was a stereotypical or offensive image with a link to racist behaviour such as a monkey or a banana fair enough, but this seems like an innocent joke between team mates.
I only just read this post of yours at the start of the thread too. You seriously don't think it is a 'stereotypical' image of black people?!! Just wow.

Taken from the independent. I hope it helps.

"The Conguitos logo features a number of established tropes frequently found in racist caricature: round bulging eyes, fat red lips, no clothes. The name literally means “little people from the Congo”, and Conguitos adverts from decades ago employ the crudest sort of racial stereotyping. "

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 27-09-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 27-09-2019, 01:31 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Is this non-story still going on?