Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:47 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Hodgson could have been the ref today with Parish and Bright as linesmen and Coppell in the VAR room and we would still have lost.
True, but he was still shit and that should be called out.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:31 AM

01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
The same Tekkers and Meyer that started 3 of our first 4 games against the might Everton, Sheff Utd and L1 Colchester, scoring a grand total of 0, zero, nish, nada, zip!

Yeah, bet Chelsea would have shit a brick had they come on to ‘have a go’.
Funniest comment yet!
COYP
Old 10-11-2019, 05:22 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Have to admit to never being overly impressed with Christian Pulisic when I've seen him playing for The US. A good player in a bad team at best maybe... but have to say I was seriously impressed with him today. He out Hazarded Eden Hazard.
Chelsea sold their sulky star talisman and yet improved as a team?
Old 10-11-2019, 06:45 AM

norwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Incorrect. Ayew is not a threat. Zaha is the only threat. Mark Zaha out of the game and that nullifies CPFC. Two quality attackers is a different story, e.g. Zaha and RLC or Zaha and Bolasie. A quality forward would make a significant difference to this team.
I have to agree. We lack a real threat in attack . Zaha getting the ball on the halfway line helps the defence but places too much on him to be the creative and strike force all in exert game.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:55 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
I would imagine it wouldn't be unfair to say that quite a fair portion of the fanbase have these concerns. While I appreciate that Roy has the squad well drilled and we have had some decent results over the longer term playing this way, I wonder what the players really think when Roy is sending them into games with the attitude that they must be defensively solid because clearly they are not as gifted as their opponents. It can't do the confidence the world of good! At 1-0 down today we grew into the game and had a bit of a go. A confident side would have taken the game to them more effectively throughout. A confident side would not misplace so many passes. Just saying.
I agree ... we looked beaten as soon as the second half started and just didn't push up.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:08 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Sure, Chelsea would not have won without Mike Dean's assistance in them finishing the game with 11 players still on the field.

Chelsea were diving all game and every time Dean gave them a free-kick and not once did he book any of them for simulation when it was clearly warranted.
You sound like some spoilt child who didn’t get what he wanted for his birthday
Old 10-11-2019, 08:00 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodeagle View Post
I have to agree. We lack a real threat in attack . Zaha getting the ball on the halfway line helps the defence but places too much on him to be the creative and strike force all in exert game.
We have so little pace. Zaha is in third gear, I’ve hardly seen him burst past defenders all season. In fact he’s been skinned by centre halves. Pva and schlupp are quick, other than that nothing.

In previous seasons we had the ability to transition quickly with exciting ball carriers zaha and Bolasie and hurt teams on the break. We now sit back, soak up pressure, win the ball and pass it around in our own third for a bit and allow opposition defences to get into position.

Whilst other teams are building young, hungry teams packed full of pace we have an ageing team managed by a pragmatist who is hamstrung by four or five depressing transfer windows. We sold our one bright young thing with speed and desire for a decent fee and have yet to reinvest any of it. We need game changers with pace/skill/creativity and we need them fast. Our only option to change things from the bench is benteke - a target man to pump balls up to or get crosses in for - one that Roy hasn’t bothered to use in either of the last two games we’ve been chasing which tells it’s own story.

There’s seemingly no one coming through the academy close to pushing for a first team place. We can’t compare ourselves to Chelsea who have a seemingly never ending supply of young talent. But we can compare ourselves to Newcastle who have Longstaff, Brighton Connelly Leicester Barnes - youngsters sent on loan, brought back and thrust in the first team.

The team yesterday was so pedestrian, especially with wilf showing so little enthusiasm and providing so little excitement. Average age was close to 30, possibly over 30 (youngest player zaha 27) whereas Chelsea put out their youngest ever PL team. Our younger squad players, ones that generated a little excitement when they came into the club (unlike Ayew, Cahill and Mcarthy) have seemingly been frozen out and don’t seem to have a future with us. Meyer 24, reidewald 23, Camarasa 25.

We desperately need a shake up and an injection of youth and pace. Is that 50m still burning a hole in Everton’s pocket because it’s staring to look like a good offer. Wilf is starting to look like yesterday’s man. If he’s not using his pace and incredible skill on the ball to beat players he’s frankly not much of a footballer. Perhaps we are starting to see why our valuation wasn’t close to being met? The big clubs weren’t interested and the tier of clubs below have invested smaller sums in younger players with potential - Leicester bought tielemans (22) and Perez (25) - Man Utd james (21) and awb (21) - Tottenham sessignon (19) and ndombele (22) for less combined fees than we value zaha (now 27) at.

Last edited by teesdale99; 10-11-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
Well, in a couple of weeks time we play Liverpool, let's hope Roy can keep that down to 2-0, at least you will be pleased he done a good job.
Would be etter than the Billionaires of Manchester managed
Old 11-11-2019, 11:51 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Our midfield is roadkill
You are very odd.

In what way did our midfield represent the killing of an animal on the road by a vehicle?

Was it recreated through the medium of dance?
Old 12-11-2019, 11:08 PM

Uncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A lot of hysteria on here.

We were beaten by a pretty good team. We tried to hang in and nick something and if Tomkins scores then who knows.

We look light on numbers and how we did not sign a striker is beyond me.

After the scousers, we will see what we are made of but people need to stop this “we should have a real go” romantic bollox - we will rarely play a top team off the park. Yes, we have beaten these teams before but all the stars need to align.

By Christmas, we will know more but if we are sitting on 23-25 points that will be acceptable.

Wilf will go and we will sign sub standard replacement (s) but this is Palace,what do you expect?
Old 12-11-2019, 11:20 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
You are very odd.

In what way did our midfield represent the killing of an animal on the road by a vehicle?

Was it recreated through the medium of dance?

We have some good, hardworking midfielders - all of them quality professionals. But the Luka, Kouyate and McArthur combination isn’t effective as a creative force. It’s no surprise that we’ve created the least number of chances this season.

As I say, all good players but we’re not playing the right combination imo.
Old 13-11-2019, 12:39 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Neal View Post
A lot of hysteria on here.

We were beaten by a pretty good team. We tried to hang in and nick something and if Tomkins scores then who knows.

We look light on numbers and how we did not sign a striker is beyond me.

After the scousers, we will see what we are made of but people need to stop this “we should have a real go” romantic bollox - we will rarely play a top team off the park. Yes, we have beaten these teams before but all the stars need to align.

By Christmas, we will know more but if we are sitting on 23-25 points that will be acceptable.

Wilf will go and we will sign sub standard replacement (s) but this is Palace,what do you expect?
1 (one) shot on target

there is a balance between that and playing like Norwich
Old 13-11-2019, 01:41 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post

We have some good, hardworking midfielders - all of them quality professionals. But the Luka, Kouyate and McArthur combination isn’t effective as a creative force. It’s no surprise that we’ve created the least number of chances this season.

As I say, all good players but we’re not playing the right combination imo.
Don't you get bored typing a slightly different wording of your opinion over and over and over again? It certainly bores me
Old 13-11-2019, 06:26 AM

djlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedjlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedjlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedjlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedjlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedjlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedjlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedjlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedjlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedjlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedjlee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
1 (one) shot on target

there is a balance between that and playing like Norwich
I agree. Lots on here over-exaggerating "have a go" - thinking we will go all guns blazing. Most of us who think we can do better don't want like for like substitutions when we are losing. We want something different, even just slightly. A bit of attacking intent to replace something that obviously hadn't worked up until that point. Whether that's personnel or formation or both.
Old 13-11-2019, 02:04 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Don't you get bored typing a slightly different wording of your opinion over and over and over again? It certainly bores me
Stop stalking me mate - it’s very tedious.

Nothing wrong with what I’ve said there - you’d get it if you were a bit brighter.