Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Sam Woods?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-11-2019, 02:35 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Luka is so piss poor defensively that he should be on the bench or played up behind a front 2 as at least he is a midfielder with the ability to take and get a shot on target.
People forget Luka was an CAM for a lot of his career. I'd hoped Reidewald would somehow become a DM option for us and allow us to move Luka to CM or even CAM. ( if such a role exists for us ) I agree his performances of late justify considering McCarthy as a replacement option. It might be a little unfair to judge Luka this way, however. He's in a position he himself doesn't feel as comfortable with as a CAM role, he's without good technicians like Cabaye, RLC or Meyer around him and has an out-of-form Townsend and uncommitted Zaha ahead of him, along with a try-hard striker who is hardly prolific and getting minimal service and with a £30M albatross waiting on the bench. Our technically best CB is also injured and the calmness he brings is missed.

Luka is hardly great right now but as player problems, squad weakness and bad transfer planning goes, he's a gem of a success by our recent standards.

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 15-11-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 15-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Sam Woods?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Nobody has ever dubbed him 'Joel Ward's understudy', and that'd be because he is a centre-back.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 21-11-2019, 10:14 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
Think of some decent RB's, think about the attributes they normally have, now imagine if Tomkins has those. What have you come up with?
I will repeat... He played very well there for West Ham. I can only assume you didn't read most of the words in the post that you quoted.
Old 23-11-2019, 05:10 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
That injury today didn't look good. I fear this time he will miss a number of games. Ridiculous not to have signed a genuine right back for cover at the very least. We shall have to see if and how much it costs us.

Get well soon Joel.
Old 23-11-2019, 05:16 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Was so pleased he made it back today. Gutted. Fingers crossed wardy

Huge games coming up
Old 23-11-2019, 05:18 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Kelly will do a good job if needs be
Old 23-11-2019, 06:13 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Kelly is NOT a right back, does not let the club off the hook for being so stupid as to not sign a replacement for awb
Old 23-11-2019, 06:20 PM

moosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoosey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Headline on the club's website
Hodgson provides Ward injury update

Actual quote from Roy:
"I cannot enlighten you. He’ll need to be assessed on Monday."
Old 23-11-2019, 06:23 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
I will repeat... He played very well there for West Ham. I can only assume you didn't read most of the words in the post that you quoted.
Academic now because Tomkins is goosed as well.
Old 23-11-2019, 06:43 PM

Glazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
Kelly is NOT a right back, does not let the club off the hook for being so stupid as to not sign a replacement for awb

Yawn
Old 23-11-2019, 06:52 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glazier69 View Post
Yawn
Tbf kelly is not a right back and not as good as ward. We should have bought another right back. Shit happens but just because it’s been true for a long time it doesn’t make it any less true
Old 23-11-2019, 09:40 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Tbf kelly is not a right back and not as good as ward. We should have bought another right back. Shit happens but just because it’s been true for a long time it doesn’t make it any less true
"He scored at The Lane, marked Harry Kane"

that non-right back Martin Kelly??
Old 23-11-2019, 10:44 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
It sounded to me as if Tomkins and Kelly as well as Ward all got clonked in the last few minutes of that game and that if they hadn't we would have got a point. But now if all of them are out we are stuck for a full-back and then we have two out of Sakho (if he's fit FFS), Dann and Cahill in the middle.

Do we bring Sclupp back to left-back and move van Aanholt across? Use Woods? Put a midfielder back there and if so which one?
Old 23-11-2019, 10:56 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
It sounded to me as if Tomkins and Kelly as well as Ward all got clonked in the last few minutes of that game and that if they hadn't we would have got a point. But now if all of them are out we are stuck for a full-back and then we have two out of Sakho (if he's fit FFS), Dann and Cahill in the middle.

Do we bring Sclupp back to left-back and move van Aanholt across? Use Woods? Put a midfielder back there and if so which one?

McArthur could play RB possibly
Old 23-11-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
McArthur could play RB possibly
Yes I was wondering about that. Seems to have the right attributes but I can't actually recall him playing there.
Old 24-11-2019, 12:12 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes I was wondering about that. Seems to have the right attributes but I can't actually recall him playing there.
I remember being told that Pardew spent a while playing him there in training as he saw him as a possible alternative at RB.
Old 24-11-2019, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
"He scored at The Lane, marked Harry Kane"

that non-right back Martin Kelly??
Yep. That one.
Old 24-11-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
I remember being told that Pardew spent a while playing him there in training as he saw him as a possible alternative at RB.
I'm not sure I'd take the advice of that notorious wally on the matter though.
Old 24-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
We’d miss his energy in midfield though.