Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-11-2019, 08:00 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
I was unfortunately sitting in the Arthur for that Chelsea game and I was surrounded by Chelsea supporters giving the racist abuse to Canoville. It was shocking. Equally shocking was going to Wembley to see Ian Wright's England debut. The racist abuse he got in the first half from so called England supporters around me was so bad I moved at half time to the other side of the stadium as you could in those days. Unfortunately it was just as bad there. I didn't go to another England game for 20 years as a result.

People saying there was no racism from Palace fans in that awful era are unfortunately incorrect. We definitely had National Front supporters amongst the crowd in the Arthur enclosure in a number of games. They may not have been regulars but they were definitely there. Fortunately there were far fewer than at other London clubs.
Old 16-11-2019, 08:13 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I recall in the 80’s the Croydon Advertiser showing a picture of a Palace Badge alongside NF. Never a massive contingent at Palace, but there were definitely some supporters.

Last edited by NYEagle; 16-11-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 16-11-2019, 08:18 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
I was unfortunately sitting in the Arthur for that Chelsea game and I was surrounded by Chelsea supporters giving the racist abuse to Canoville. It was shocking. Equally shocking was going to Wembley to see Ian Wright's England debut. The racist abuse he got in the first half from so called England supporters around me was so bad I moved at half time to the other side of the stadium as you could in those days. Unfortunately it was just as bad there. I didn't go to another England game for 20 years as a result.

That reminds me; I went to Wright’s debut for England B team at The Den of all places. Was so proud to see him finally get a chance, but felt so gutted for him as he was booed and abused everytime he got the ball from what must’ve been the Millwall faithful.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 16-11-2019, 10:00 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
That reminds me; I went to Wright’s debut for England B team at The Den of all places. Was so proud to see him finally get a chance, but felt so gutted for him as he was booed and abused everytime he got the ball from what must’ve been the Millwall faithful.
I was there too, subbed at half time for Paul Williams

Millwall fans who made up about 90% of the crowd gave Wright dogs abuse every time he went near the ball

Can't recall seeing situation like it before, or since
Old 16-11-2019, 11:10 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Never saw Bright referred to as a Barnados boy in any of the programmes I've got. Me and all my lot were surprised to learn of his upbringing when teasers of his book were released recently.

We all saw the Fashanu's referred to in this manner. Cant believe Ashton would confuse them though

Definitely heard the trigger songs in my formative years
Old 17-11-2019, 04:43 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
Probably a Chelsea fan having a day out.
In any group of 40'000 people, you're going to get some cases of the extreme.

Please don't keep Ashton's ball bouncing.
He's a Click-Baiting Gas Lighter.
When you think about it there must've been some Chelsea lot amongst us back then, as this would explain why we used to sing some of there songs (even celery )

It was quite common back then for hooligan groups to infiltrate other clubs when they weren't playing. Also wouldnt be surprised if it was a general NF tactic back then to "spread the word" as such, don't ever remember the regular Palace fans singing anything like that and you did get used to the faces back then but I also remember hearing it on occasion by small pockets of meatheads.
Old 17-11-2019, 08:10 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Never saw Bright referred to as a Barnados boy in any of the programmes I've got. Me and all my lot were surprised to learn of his upbringing when teasers of his book were released recently.

We all saw the Fashanu's referred to in this manner. Cant believe Ashton would confuse them though

Definitely heard the trigger songs in my formative years
I remember this being mentioned in passing around the time of him signing, but never afterwards. Back then there was less understanding of the issues and implications associated with that sort of childhood / upbringing.
Old 17-11-2019, 08:26 AM

cpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcpaulo2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
I was there too, subbed at half time for Paul Williams

Millwall fans who made up about 90% of the crowd gave Wright dogs abuse every time he went near the ball

Can't recall seeing situation like it before, or since
I went to that. Did Nige play too. I remember Millwall fans chanting Eagles to see who looked over and responded. Slightly uneasy evening.