Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 18-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
We'll never play you again

Old 19-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "If you all hate Palace clap your hands"

Quote:
Originally posted by webbplebb
I personally think our order of rivals at this current point in time should read...

Southampton
Norwich
Blackburn
West Brom
Fulham
Portsmouth

Couldn't care less about Charlton fans, West Ham, Brighton, Millwall or anyone else that is deemed a 'rival' of ours for that matter.
So you don't feel a double over Charlton would help our cause then ?

Why has C block got the Angel of the North as his avatar ?
Old 19-10-2004, 12:10 PM

Webb will cross the room to turn the lights down lowWebb will cross the room to turn the lights down lowWebb will cross the room to turn the lights down lowWebb will cross the room to turn the lights down lowWebb will cross the room to turn the lights down lowWebb will cross the room to turn the lights down lowWebb will cross the room to turn the lights down lowWebb will cross the room to turn the lights down lowWebb will cross the room to turn the lights down lowWebb will cross the room to turn the lights down lowWebb will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "If you all hate Palace clap your hands"

Quote:
Originally posted by Celestial Empire
A win against any team, as long as we stay in this division will be fine for me, be it Fulham, West Brom, Charlton or whoever.
Old 19-10-2004, 12:34 PM
BBS addict

LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd rather win in the league, we should use this game to give a run out to a few players who aren't getting in the team. I'm sure Charlton will be doing the same. I am going, but looking forward to the beers in London Bridge beforehand rather than the actual game tbh.

Spike Milligan
Old 19-10-2004, 12:38 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Where is the love?
Old 19-10-2004, 12:39 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by charltonhater
I hate Charlton. Evil scummy club. In my view it is only acceptable to hate Millwall more than you hate Charlton.

Anyway, as the only fixture we have both have played this season was away to Bolton in the league, where we lost 1-0 and they lost 4-1, we are currently peforming much better than them.
I love optimism!
Old 19-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "If you all hate Palace clap your hands"

Quote:
Originally posted by Celestial Empire

Why has C block got the Angel of the North as his avatar ?
We don't call him C-Block anymore. It transpires he is merely a C-Block wannabe and in fact sits in Block B, according to Sunny Fan.
Old 19-10-2004, 01:03 PM
criostal l¨chairt

Scotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It always strikes me that the majority of Palace fans don't hate Charlton. There is probably a bit of local rivalry, but Brighton and Millwall are reserved for our "hate". Maybe for younger Palace fans there is a bit more intensity; if they're at school with people from SE London who want to follow a local and "successful" club they will have most recently picked Charlton in the same way I picked Palace back in the 80's(I'm 30) and our younger fans will have had to put up with mickey taking in the same way I ripped the piss out of the few Charlton fans I knew at that time.

The other thing is who does actually hate Charlton?

They try and hate us, but we've got Brighton and Millwall
They try to hate West Ham, but they've got Millwall, Tottenham and Chelsea
They try to hate Millwall, but they've got West Ham and us.

I guess there's always Gillingham, but anything I've ever read / heard from Charlton fans tries to play this down - not surprising really.

I think it really gets to them that they've not got a reciprocal hate club.

A chorus of:

"no one hates you,
no one hates you,
no one hates you,
and you care"

next Wednesday?

My own personal thoughts on Charlton are based around mild local rivalry and envious glances, but not hate. Having said that I hope we stuff them in the league and the cup. I want to resurrect that piece from Eagle eye that went something like "The FA have dismissed rumours that if Palace beat Charlton for the third time this season they'll get to keep them". Maybe not this season but I'm confident that if Dowie stays as long as Curbishly has been at CAFC then we'll reclaim our throne as South London's top side.