Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 13-01-2010, 10:05 AM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista
That looks f*cking brilliant, and the short clip of the original line-up live really proves my point. An absolute hurricane of a band, and it didn't really have that explosive, menacing force once Wilko had gone....
God, I miss 'em. I was the right age to be hugely into punk, but in hindsight, it really was cartoon compared to the Feelgood's.....
They were a great band but I don't agree with that last bit. Like Kilburn & the High Roads and the 101'ers they were an essential precurser to punk but they were never going to have the impact that bands like The Pistols and The Clash were going to have not least because they were, essentially, a pub rock band and were limited by their R&B repertoire no matter how great the delivery.

Wilko Johnson was something else though...
Old 13-01-2010, 11:51 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Misfit
They were a great band but I don't agree with that last bit. Like Kilburn & the High Roads and the 101'ers they were an essential precurser to punk but they were never going to have the impact that bands like The Pistols and The Clash were going to have not least because they were, essentially, a pub rock band and were limited by their R&B repertoire no matter how great the delivery.

Wilko Johnson was something else though...
We'll have to agree to disagree. I was lucky enough to see the Pistols first time around, and have lost count of the number of times I saw The Clash. Of course, they were important bands, but the Feelgoods in the mid 70's were untouchable live.
Old 14-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Blues Brother

elwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bloody hell, I was just listening to the superb
"ridin on the L"n"N" from the Let it roll Album.
Brilliant.
Old 14-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood
Bloody hell, I was just listening to the superb
"ridin on the L"n"N" from the Let it roll Album.
Brilliant.
9 below zero did it better
Old 14-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Blues Brother

elwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
Nine below did the the most arse kickin version that you will ever hear wadds me ol mate. but this is a dr feelgood thread.
Anyway, NBZ are playing the beaverwood club in chislehurst 11 feb,
it's gonna be a cracker.
Old 15-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Old 15-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Certa Cito

Salisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have to admit that early March I'm off to Canvey Island to stay at the Oyster Fleet Hotel for a Dr Feelgood weekend. Includes an acoustic session, live gig, dinner with the band and a walking tour of the 'sights'.

I am a Dr Feelgood saddo.

Running a close second to Palace for things I do.
Old 16-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salisbury
Have to admit that early March I'm off to Canvey Island to stay at the Oyster Fleet Hotel for a Dr Feelgood weekend. Includes an acoustic session, live gig, dinner with the band and a walking tour of the 'sights'.

Thats not sad, that sounds bloody brilliant!

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 16-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salisbury

Are you, though?!
Give my love to Chris Fenwick! Mark, the Palace fan from the record company in Madrid.
Old 16-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Certa Cito

Salisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSalisbury : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila
Are you, though?!
Give my love to Chris Fenwick! Mark, the Palace fan from the record company in Madrid.
I am indeed and will give your best to Chris.
Old 16-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Thats not sad, that sounds bloody brilliant!
Agreed, it sounds quality.
Old 16-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Mind your sandwiches

Old 17-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Certa Cito

Booked through the Oyster Fleet hotel in Canvey. They may have spaces left. 6/7 Mar.
Old 17-01-2010, 09:24 AM

Uncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsUncle Brod was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Wilko Johnson was heavily influenced by Mick Green of the Pirates who died last week.
Old 17-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Certa Cito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Brod
Wilko Johnson was heavily influenced by Mick Green of the Pirates who died last week.

Very sad. Was planning to see them in Bristol last year but they had to cancel due to his ill health.
Old 18-01-2010, 01:17 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I saw the Pirates play a pub gig in Fulham in the 80s. My ears are still ringing...
Old 18-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineBiggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineBiggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineBiggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineBiggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineBiggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineBiggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineBiggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineBiggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineBiggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineBiggineagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
Is Gerry McAvoy still around??

Re Dr Feelgood, my father in law bought me n my missus tickets to see them at the Lewisham Odeon I believe it was, kin brilliant
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 18-01-2010, 03:27 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Hey, hey, I'm off to the launch event at KOKO (The Music Machine/Camden Palace to us oldies) on Feb 2nd.
20 tickets (Standing), screening of the movie, and then a performance by Wilko. Any other BBSers fancy it?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-01-2010, 03:57 PM

WandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wilko Johnson is still great, playing these days with Norman Watt-Roy of the Blockheads on bass.
Old 18-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandsworthEagle
Wilko Johnson is still great, playing these days with Norman Watt-Roy of the Blockheads on bass.
Has been for 25 years - I saw them once in Brighton and went back after. I was going out with the daughter of a guy who wrote some lyrics for the Feelgoods.
Not to be missed.