Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-06-2010, 09:45 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So I guess I'll be pushed to find a set of closed headphones within my price budget that are noise cancelling?

Golf handicap - 9
Old 16-06-2010, 09:49 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
yeah pretty much.
Old 16-06-2010, 02:16 PM
You really are a fat ****

BlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Loads on ebay brand new ,all good sellers on these with mega feedback.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 17-06-2010, 03:56 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
I know you not after in-ear but the best headphones i have had where the Shure E2c in ear noise isolating headphones.

I use those sometimes. They're pretty good for the money.

Bose don't make anything with a 'clean' sound. Their stuff is nowhere near studio quality without a flat frequency response in sight.

And avoid open backed 'phones as mentioned, unless you want all your fellow travellers to hate you. Having said that, the Grado's sound very nice.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:50 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have been offered a set of these for 45 with a travel adaptor, does anyone know if they are any good?

Golf handicap - 9
Old 12-07-2010, 01:58 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
look at what hifi chris, they recommend the best set at every price
grado sr60 ive got, awesome

bought the kids some enclosed sennheisers from play at 12.99
theyre happy
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
Looking for some advice people, I'd like to get myself a set of over head headphones but unsure what to get. I was looking at the Bose QC15's but at 289.99 they are way too expensive.

Can anyone recommend me a decent pair offering good clean and crisp sound?I listen to a lot of Rock and Punk so something with clarity is essential.

bose ARE great but are way overpriced. the next best are probably about 200!

this is how bose get people by the purse strings.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
You literally cannot go wrong with these for the price:

That price is crazy for 'phones that were well over 100 not long ago. I've got them. They really are great. The only minor problem being a bit of sound leakage.

Check out the reviews online, people love them.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:23 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

The B&O headphones I have been offered for 45 seem good, I'mm starting to think that I should probably go with something small but not normal ear buds as they just don't stay in. These B&O ones are adjustable so they'll stay in my ear supposedly and I can probably beat the guy down to 35-40

Anyone know if they are any good

Golf handicap - 9
Old 12-07-2010, 02:27 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
The B&O headphones I have been offered for 45 seem good, I'mm starting to think that I should probably go with something small but not normal ear buds as they just don't stay in. These B&O ones are adjustable so they'll stay in my ear supposedly and I can probably beat the guy down to 35-40

Anyone know if they are any good
if you've got a long haul flight coming up, then noise cancelling would be a nice feature. The ones I mentioned above have very effective noise cancelling. At the time you don't notice it, as you can still hear background noise (weird thing to say, I know), but then when you take them off everything is very loud and you realise how much sound they've cut out

Old 12-07-2010, 02:29 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Noise cancelling would be excellent but over head headphones I have kind of gone off after using my brothers skull candy's as they make my ears too hot and sweaty

Golf handicap - 9
Old 12-07-2010, 02:38 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Anyone know of a decent set of headphones like the B&O ones I linked to above but with noise cancelling technology?

Golf handicap - 9
Old 12-07-2010, 03:14 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

OK, I have 50 to spend. Must have noise cancelling, need to be comfortable and not garish

Golf handicap - 9
Old 12-07-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
OK, I have 50 to spend. Must have noise cancelling, need to be comfortable and not garish
Mine are comfortable. You don't notice them when wearing them really. But I share your concern re:hot/sweaty ears. I wore them walking to the station the other day and when I took them off my ears were noticeably moist.

Just sitting there on the train etc and using them doesn't give me sweaty ears though. Are you local? You can try mine out if you like.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:45 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Where are you?

Golf handicap - 9
Old 12-07-2010, 03:50 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Just having had a look on ebay for your headphones people are still pricing them at 150! Think I might go for them. Do you notice much of a sound quality difference when you stick the ANR on?

Golf handicap - 9
Old 12-07-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Just having had a look on ebay for your headphones people are still pricing them at 150! Think I might go for them. Do you notice much of a sound quality difference when you stick the ANR on?
I actually prefer it with the ANR on. Some people prefer it off.

I work in the City but have just moved down to East Grinstead

Old 12-07-2010, 04:02 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Ah, i'm in Essex, lived in EG pretty much my entire life though, until I got married and moved to Essex in 04. I have just read a what hifi review on the Goldrings and in the "Against" section it says "Nothing really". You can't knock that for 59.99 or even 259.99!

Golf handicap - 9
Old 12-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Meh, pffft.

cardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecardiffeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Beyerdynamic dt770. You'll get them for 120, they are comfortable enough to wear for hours (they feel like they are cuddling the side of your head) and you won't get a much more involving listen for less than 300.

I've worn many different sets of cans in various jobs. <-- this statement here
says 'I know what I'm talking about'
The Beeb use these as standard in R1 and R2 and that tells you all you need to know. Listen to a pair, if you are a human with taste you'll fall in love with them...
...which is surprising because they're German.

Buy these and win.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:29 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Bloody hell fella, you sound like a salesman! Bit to price for me though. Purchased a set of the N1000's on Stinky's recommendation.

Golf handicap - 9