Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 31-05-2011, 08:50 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Good
Old 31-05-2011, 09:06 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Am I right in saying we currently have on our books:

Scannel, Zaha, Andrew, Easter, Murray and Iversen.

That is 6 strikers do we really need more? I suppose slightly it depends on the formation we play.

With the current personnel I would like to see us play 4231

with Easter/Iversen/Murray being the one and Ambrose Zaha and Scannel being the 3

If we go 442 where will Ambrose fit in? I guess then we would go with Murray/Iveresen to partner one of Easter/Zaha/Scannel in the two but we have no wingers bar Cadogan.

To my mind Easter and Andrew are a little bit superfluous to our needs
Old 31-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john

That is 6 strikers do we really need more?
I think you're being generous to Calvin Andrew calling him a striker.

I don't think he'll ever make it at Palace. Hope I am wrong, but can't see him being any better than a 10 minute end-of-the-game sub who's extremely average at best.

Has Iversen really got another season in him ?

In an ideal world, I'd sp^nk a lot of our cash on getting Earnshaw. An obviously AJ replacement that we never got.
Old 31-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo

I don't think he'll ever make it at Palace. Hope I am wrong, but can't see him being any better than a 10 minute end-of-the-game sub who's extremely average at best.

In an ideal world, I'd sp^nk a lot of our cash on getting Earnshaw. An obviously AJ replacement that we never got.
Andrew is also out of contract isn't he? Seen nothing about him being offered a new one. And don't forget Sekajja (even if he is just 18)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 31-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo

In an ideal world, I'd sp^nk a lot of our cash on getting Earnshaw. An obviously AJ replacement that we never got
In an ideal world, you'd never spunk a load of cash on someone that old, surely?
Old 31-05-2011, 12:57 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

That is 6 strikers do we really need more? I suppose slightly it depends on the formation we play.

with Easter/Iversen/Murray being the one and Ambrose Zaha and Scannel being the 3

If we go 442 where will Ambrose fit in? I guess then we would go with Murray/Iveresen to partner one of Easter/Zaha/Scannel in the two but we have no wingers bar Cadogan.

I'd agree, at the moment we're a little bot overloaded with strikers whilst we only have 2 experienced centre halfs and a very lightweight midfield. If there is still 1 million going these are the areas it needs to be invested in, not up front at the moment.

That said, we do look light up front and should look at shifting some out fringe players(Easter, Andrew, Iverson, Scannell?) to make room for a number 1 striker to partner Murray.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:05 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
We have a lot of strikers but that doesn't mean any of them could step up to be Murray's partner. We simply don't score enough goals and haven't for years, plus we're currently weaker with Vaughan's departure (despite Murray's arrival). We need a goalscorer badly.

I think Scannell could possibly turn into a fantastic striker at this level but it's asking a lot to expect him to cement that role next season. Zaha is still learning his trade and I don't see him as an out and out striker yet.

That leaves Iversen, who is ok but no more than a squad player IMO, while Easter is again useful as a squad player but I saw very little from him last season to suggest he could score 15 to 20 goals next season.

Personally, I would sell Easter and Andrew and buy one additional striker to partner Murray, with Scannell and Iversen as good back up options.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:07 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy
I'd agree, at the moment we're a little bot overloaded with strikers whilst we only have 2 experienced centre halfs and a very lightweight midfield. If there is still 1 million going these are the areas it needs to be invested in, not up front at the moment.

That said, we do look light up front and should look at shifting some out fringe players(Easter, Andrew, Iverson, Scannell?) to make room for a number 1 striker to partner Murray.

How can you possibly think of ditching Scannell. I honestly think the boy might come really good next season.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:08 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace
Personally, I would sell Easter and Andrew and buy one additional striker to partner Murray, with Scannell and Iversen as good back up options.
Agree.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:08 PM

Rasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down low
A lot of our problems come from our build up play and not our forwards. If they are left to feed on scraps then they will suffer, and suffer they have. We need a forward with explosive pace next to Murray but we also more importantly need to sort out the supply chain.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:09 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
How can you possibly think of ditching Scannell. I honestly think the boy might come really good next season.
totally agree - he could be our wild card.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
All those strikers would be a lot better if decent service was provided for them. AJ was helped in his early days as he had Routledge and Gray putting good balls into the box.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Wears a magic hat

AmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:

With the current strikers we have, I think our best system would be a 4231 with Murray as the 1 and Dazza/Zaha/Scanners as the 3. I personally think this could work and instead of looking for another striker, we can look for a pacey winger who can score and put in a good cross. That way Zaha can come off the bench which I think is best for him this year.
he is a wanker and doesn't dersve to wear the shirt
Old 31-05-2011, 02:20 PM

Rupert@GG don't care what the weatherman saysRupert@GG don't care what the weatherman saysRupert@GG don't care what the weatherman saysRupert@GG don't care what the weatherman saysRupert@GG don't care what the weatherman saysRupert@GG don't care what the weatherman saysRupert@GG don't care what the weatherman saysRupert@GG don't care what the weatherman saysRupert@GG don't care what the weatherman saysRupert@GG don't care what the weatherman saysRupert@GG don't care what the weatherman says
It's a little sad that all our hope is pinned on a 20 year old who has played barely a handful of games down the middle in his entire first-team career.
Old 31-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
In an ideal world, you'd never spunk a load of cash on someone that old, surely?
30 isn't he ?

So about 4 years left in him, maybe 5 ?
Old 31-05-2011, 02:57 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace
Depending on who Norwich sign, I wouldn't mind us going for Jackson (if they were prepared to let him go).
He's fairly likely to be loaned out I'd say, so good shout.

I could see us stocking up on a new striker come the September loan window. I think that'd be fine as 1) Midfielders and new CB, maybe RB are now the priorities. 2) The new midfield shape will better define the type of striker we need. 3) Prem clubs usually like to wait late in the window to get in their new players - they start a week later than us, so the best selection seems to be in the loans in September - thats when we got Vaughan, thats when we got Beattie. 4) We'll get to see Scannell, Zaha, Sekajja etc getting chances in August and September at least.

So yeah, Jackson, Beattie, Simon Cox could be gettable to sumplement what we have come September.

So, I think Dougie can play it cool for now in terms of another striker. He's done well getting Murray. It's mainly only the frees who anyone signs this early in the window.
Old 31-05-2011, 03:23 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders
He's not being bullied.I wouldn't worry too much about GF if I were you - he clearly has a very thick skin.
Beg to differ. Oh and he's got a thick skin, no, you're absolutely right, it's completely reasonable to gang up on him then. I notice above, you are also commenting on what we should do as a result of press "conjecture" on Riordan. Let's be honest these boards may aswell be closed down if there is to be no opinions offered on press comment etc. The point on Vaughan is that Glaziers Fan, along with some very wise others (mentioning no names) were, it seems, far better judges of the value of Vaughan at the time of the loan extension, than many on here.
Old 31-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Holmesdale Block C/Row 16

NathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNathanCPFCD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can this be moved to World of Football?
Old 31-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
^^^^

Nothing to do with us now.
Old 31-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What if Murray can't handle the step up? What do we do then since we won't have any strikers that can score a great deal...