Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-06-2015, 05:04 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
There were attempts to call Bermondsey SOBO as I recall; South of Borough.

Kidbrooke is now called Kidbrooke Village. It still has idiots, but that's as far as any similarity to a village goes. And planning has gone in for a high rise taller than the demolished Ferrier Estate. How lovely.
Old 30-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Doncaster
IS the right answer! Gentrification continues apace in SE London and places like Doncaster see prices static or falling. Forest Hill is but a glorified T-Junction on the South Circular but it is being sold by all the Estate Agents as the New Shangri La. Grrrr...
Old 30-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Started to notice quite an increase in Palace fans around the wider area such as in Sidcup, Crayford, Dartford, Gravesend and Bexleyheath. Not sure if people are moving out because of cheaper housing, there are just lots of new housing developments or because we are slowly becoming more fashionable but we'll take over Charlton's backyard over the next few years.
Some people move to an area because it has decent schools, decent transport links and decent green spaces. I like to think that people are attracted to our part of South East London because it has more than that..it has a DECENT FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!!
Old 30-06-2015, 05:15 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle View Post
Penge.
You've missed that particular boat - very desirable and prices have gone way up.
Old 30-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Anywhere with transport.
Old 30-06-2015, 05:29 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Only pub for miles - used to be proper rough
Had a nice evening in there recently, good food & drink, friendly staff, nice decor. Also a small hotel I think.
Old 30-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Agreed. I'm buying my first place there. Move in tomorrow. I can't wait. It's a great area. The good news is, it's going to take a long time before people come round to the idea that 'Peckham' is actually a safe, vibrant and interesting place.
I thought Peckham had been done by the gentrifiers already? Peckham Rye is mostly technically in SE22 which is East Dulwich and done to death by the Focaccia and truffle oil brigade. The old Galleon off Licence which is now a fancy hairdressers was empty for years and I fancifully dreamed of opening a Deli/cafe called 'Focaccia On the Rye'. I would be minted by now and mobbed by Yummy mummies! LOL
Old 30-06-2015, 05:43 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crofty View Post
I thought Peckham had been done by the gentrifiers already? Peckham Rye is mostly technically in SE22 which is East Dulwich and done to death by the Focaccia and truffle oil brigade. The old Galleon off Licence which is now a fancy hairdressers was empty for years and I fancifully dreamed of opening a Deli/cafe called 'Focaccia On the Rye'. I would be minted by now and mobbed by Yummy mummies! LOL
Went back to PR a few weeks ago. Can't believe the pace of change even since September when we left. And compare it to 2007 - well.

There are some genuinely interesting parts of South London. But I guess 'on the rise' equates to house prices, sadly. For that reason my money is on Anerley and Norwood Junction. If I had any money, that is.

Seriously, Norwood Junc will start to smell of pungent cheese and charcuterie after 2-3 years tops. Mark my words.
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/19

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=245

Last edited by tasty_snacks; 30-06-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 30-06-2015, 05:49 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Went back to PR a few weeks ago. Can't believe the pace of change even since September when we left. And compare it to 2007 - well.

There are some genuinely interesting parts of South London. But I guess 'on the rise' equates to house prices, sadly. For that reason my money is on Anerley and Norwood Junction. If I had any money, that is.

Seriously, Norwood Junc will start to smell of pungent cheese and charcuterie after 2-3 years tops. Mark my words.
South Norwood will be on Red Nose Day next year. Except don't donate money donate chicken, nail and hair products.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 30-06-2015, 05:50 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
You've missed that particular boat - very desirable and prices have gone way up.
Grant you the transport links to London are very attractive, struggling to think of anything else though.
Old 30-06-2015, 05:59 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Grant you the transport links to London are very attractive, struggling to think of anything else though.
Crystal Palace Park.

if and when Crystal Palace is re-developed a la Battersea Power Station then prepare for lift off!
Old 30-06-2015, 06:02 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Crystal Palace Park.

if and when Crystal Palace is re-developed a la Battersea Power Station then prepare for lift off!
Lived opposite it back in the day, loved it there....had everything.
Old 30-06-2015, 06:02 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Only pub for miles
Not really (I grew up in HG). You had the Spotted Cow on Hither Green Lane, but that closed years ago due to drug related shooting. It's the Corbett Estate and area right up to Whitefoot Lane that was publess. The Downham Tavern, Guvnor and General and The Squire are the only ones I recall bordering the void. Only a new build version of The Tavern is left and that loses its license quite regularly. The Baring Hall has an interesting new guise.

As for gentrification I couldn't ever see the area on the Springbank Road side being dragged up by the area on the Lee side aside from the Corbett Estate.
Old 30-06-2015, 06:05 PM

stonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Abbeywood and plumstead
Old 30-06-2015, 06:05 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
The park with the duck pond off Manor Lane (Manor House Gardens?) is filled with a seriously high percentage of quentins, especially in the on-site cafe.
It's also now quite overgrown in places and also full of rats. I took my kids back there last summer.

Hadn't been there for years and was a bit disappointed as it used to be a really lovely well kept park.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:28 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
I bought by flat 5 years ago in Westside and I am adamant it's going up in value for several reasons including all the new developments knocking down old and derelict buildings, there is brand new primary school being built near to Windmill Road and the obvious Westfields. Also things like the Overground coming into to West Croydon station and the surround area having a facelift have also massively helped.
'Westside'?
Old 01-07-2015, 06:44 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
What's the griff on my home town. The beautiful Sydenham?
Old 01-07-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
You mean Cobbs Corner, Wells Park, Woolworths with the sloping floor, Rolf Harris as a neighbour, Greyhound and Golden Lion pubs, Montecassino restaurant - no idea but would love to know, not lived there for 30 years.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:05 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
There were attempts to call Bermondsey SOBO as I recall; South of Borough.

Kidbrooke is now called Kidbrooke Village. It still has idiots, but that's as far as any similarity to a village goes. And planning has gone in for a high rise taller than the demolished Ferrier Estate. How lovely.
Part of the development is now called the Blackheath Quarter even though it is firmly in Kidbrooke.

However, the investors who seem happy to pay £500k for a 2 bedroom flat and service charges of £3k p.a. probably won't know the difference.

Of concern is the fact that as the developers build more there is less parking available. I understand some blocks will have no parking on the basis the 'Village' has excellent transport links i.e. 2 buses and a single line London / Dartford train line.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 01-07-2015, 07:18 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post

The ugly sister nuzzled between Beckenham and forest hill