Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 26-01-2011, 01:44 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwhite
Sting's Fields of Gold sung by Eva Cassidy.

Any others?
That's nailed on for me as well
Old 26-01-2011, 01:57 PM

Jimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jimmy Eagle, you're a c*nt and I don't like you.
Jimmy Eagle, you're a c*nt and I don't like you.
Sha la la la la, Sha la la la

And Repeat...

Old 26-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Yer all bastards

Misery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangosMisery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangosMisery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangosMisery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangosMisery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangosMisery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangosMisery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangosMisery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangosMisery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangosMisery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangosMisery Guts is doing tangos down in the quangos
Goodbye to love --Carpenters
Saddest lyrics by one of the worlds great female vocalists
A classic from my received Neg Rep Bit sad really aren't you, negging somebody for a post that neither you are affected by nor you disagree with. Fortunately, my rep is more powerful than yours, so by nagging you in return it really just gives you less rep. Not that I care.
Old 26-01-2011, 02:12 PM

Nofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog
I have a cassette recording of my Mum singing The Impossible Dream into the mic after see found out she had cancer and was probably not going to make it.

The tape was made in her home and all alone, because I was too much of a selfish **** to return home to be with her....

I can't hear that song, let alone listen to the tape without gushing a good'un.

Discovered the tape after she passed away... clearing out her stuff.
That wins.

Feel both good and bad after reading that.

Last edited by Nofishtoday; 26-01-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 26-01-2011, 02:24 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stay free, The Clash.
A good mate got 3 months about a year later, for nothing more than a pub fight (no real damage to either party, and both mates before hand)....unfortunatly with a Magistrates son.

He was never the same when he came out and disapeared shortly afterwards.
Old 26-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle
Luther Vandross - Dance With My Father

I know it touches my Dad, so when I listen to it it gets me aswell.
This - I lost my Dad when I was 29, which although I was not young it was too young. I would have loved him to see my three beautiful children, but he never did. The words are fantastic.. and as an adolescent I hated Luther Vandross.
Old 26-01-2011, 08:41 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
Some Fantastic Place - Squeeze
Great song, about a girl Tilbrook? went to school with or at least knew as a younger person, who died.
One by Johnny Cash
Old 26-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray
Smile - Nat King Cole

My dads favourite. Played at his funeral. Miss you dad.
Old 26-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Little Green by Joni Mitchell.
About the daughter she gave up for adoption.
Old 27-01-2011, 08:59 AM

JIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty airJIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty airJIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty airJIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty airJIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty airJIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty airJIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty airJIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty airJIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty airJIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty airJIMBO is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Ghosts by The Jam. Memories of a very good mate who died.

Take 5 by Dave Brubeck Quarter. Reminds me of my Dad.
Old 27-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvun Mankey
Billy Bragg - St Swithin's Day
Good shout
Between the Wars does it for me along with
Kirsty McColl Days
John Martyn May you Never
Reverend and the Makers Hard Time for Dreamers
Old 08-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Sorted out and slung out

La Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This

Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 PM

mexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is here
Henryk Gorecki - 3rd Symphony. Wow.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 PM

mexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is here
I have others, but the above deserves its own post.

Kettering by The Antlers:
Old 08-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Faaadat!

webbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
"When You Say Nothing At All" by Ronan Keating makes me very tearful and feel very sick all in one go. I believe he wrote it after his mother died. Very moving.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Magnificent moustache

the elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When the mood takes...

Marc Cohn - The Things We've Handed Down
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Lenny
The Verve - So It Goes
Adrian Legg - Kinvarra's Child
Richard & Linda Thompson - Dimming of the Day (one particular live version)
One recording of Pachelbel's Canon, performed by Academy of St. Martin-in-the-fields and conducted by Neville Mariner, that I found on an old early 90s compilation.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:58 AM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Don McLeaan - Vincent
Old 09-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - Time to say goodbye
Coldplay - Fix You
Vide Cor Meum
Crystal Ball Top 20 2018/2019
Crystal Ball WINNER! 2019/2020

Vote Moo moo2
Old 09-02-2011, 03:55 AM
perth in the sun

scott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescott aungier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Butterfly kisses.
Bob Carlisle.
Any of you that has a daughter should listen to this one .
Old 09-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Faaadat!

webbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillswebbo1990 has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
There You'll Be from the Pearl Harbour film is pretty moving, too.