Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Old 10-12-2011, 09:39 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Old 10-12-2011, 09:47 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is here
Old 10-12-2011, 10:12 PM
This too will pass

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Old 10-12-2011, 10:24 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauranga rob
I think watching the video affects me more than just listening to the track..

What an absolutely epic curtain call that is.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 PM
This too will pass

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
ah! just noticed it was posted on a previous page. Had to put it up again after hearing Leona Lewis doing her best to turn it into muzak and schmaltz on the X Factor. Fortunately, she failed as Cash's version will last forever (the original Nine Inch Nails version is also very moving, but Cash does it best.)
Old 10-12-2011, 10:39 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
My nan said all her life that at her funeral, she would like that week's number 1 played.

Number 1 at the time was McFly's 'It's All About You'. To be honest, it couldn't have been more apt.

I don't cry when it's played but I do find it very upsetting and so I try to avoid it.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Wishing I was fishing

Erne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Roy Harper - When an old cricketer leaves the crease.

Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but I've not trawled the whole thread.

Played it last year at my Dad's funeral. Moving, approprite and I need a box of tissues (NO not what you may be thinking!) when I hear it.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:14 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This has gotta be up there with the saddest ever (might be lost on some of you young'uns)

Old 12-12-2011, 08:19 PM

Kinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKinzman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

This makes me blub like a baby!!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 12-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 07-01-2012, 08:50 PM

leesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleesaw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Scientist by Coldplay.
Played in the church before a mates funeral. This song stops me in my tracks whenever I hear it and I guess it always will.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:05 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erne
Roy Harper - When an old cricketer leaves the crease.

Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but I've not trawled the whole thread.

Played it last year at my Dad's funeral. Moving, approprite and I need a box of tissues (NO not what you may be thinking!) when I hear it.
Never heard that before. Love it.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:47 AM
ICJ - To Pay Is To Fail

greenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslergreenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslergreenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslergreenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslergreenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslergreenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslergreenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslergreenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslergreenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslergreenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chryslergreenandgold ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
"Jungleland" by Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band has to be one of the most emotional tracks I've ever heard. The way the whole song builds up over nine minutes and tells a beautiful yet tragic story. Poetic lyrics, haunting melodies and a gorgeous saxophone solo by the late, great Clarence Clemons bridging the events of the song together. Some of the lyrics and the emotion in his voice makes me want to weep uncontrollably.

Here's the best (imo) live version of the song, performed at Madison Square Garden:

Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 AM
www.chrisbrownjazz.com

Chrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChrissayy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chord substitution on this is amazing, what a version
Old 09-01-2012, 09:46 PM

modernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 27-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Wishing I was fishing

Erne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo
Never heard that before. Love it.
Glad you liked it Tomo.