Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 17-02-2011, 12:02 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Buying a Pool Table

Looking for some advice guys.

My parents are moving to the south of France in six weeks time, attached to their house is a small Gite that they will be renting out to people for holidays so they want to offer some form of entertainment. Getting a Dartboard is easy enough to do but we have been looking at getting a Pool table and that is where we are having a bit of an issue. There are MDF base, slate bed, non slate bed, 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, American style etc etc.

We don't want to spend alot 300ish but want to get something that can take a beating and won't break after 5 minutes. Any ideas?

Golf handicap - 9
Old 17-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
For 300 you probably won't get slate which would be the top end.

I'd be thinking about getting it delivered there though rather than trying to move it myself.

If I was buying one for permanent use in a large room I'd probably get a reconditioned pub style table. For example To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-02-2011, 12:29 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Try a sports shop, though there might be a bit of a cue.
Old 17-02-2011, 12:30 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You'd hate for it to break easily.
Old 17-02-2011, 12:30 PM
ACII

Make sure you don't rest things on it
Old 17-02-2011, 12:33 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda
For 300 you probably won't get slate which would be the top end.

I'd be thinking about getting it delivered there though rather than trying to move it myself.

If I was buying one for permanent use in a large room I'd probably get a reconditioned pub style table. For example To view the link you have to Register or Login
So Slate would be the best option then? If we went for something along the lines of: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Would you expect it to last long or be any good in general?

Golf handicap - 9
Old 17-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
Three things can go wrong with a pool table - the ball return mechanism, the coin mechanism and then physical damage to the table (cloth, pockets etc).

The table you list won't have 2 of those anyway and they aren't really needed for a free play machine. Biggest issue for you would be drunken residents ripping the cloth or damaging it with drinks and such.

Assuming your parents are charging some sort of bond on the property for damage and such you should be fine, biggest issue might be getting a cloth repair in France.
Old 17-02-2011, 12:48 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Getting a Slate based table delivered to the South of France is going to cost an arm and a leg, does that Rileys one I linked too above look like it would be ok. I'm going to be going down there a fair bit and don't want to be playing on some cheap piece of shit that that slopes all over the place and has a gammy leg and neither, i suspect, will the guests.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 17-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
Getting a Slate based table delivered to the South of France is going to cost an arm and a leg, does that Rileys one I linked too above look like it would be ok. I'm going to be going down there a fair bit and don't want to be playing on some cheap piece of shit that that slopes all over the place and has a gammy leg and neither, i suspect, will the guests.
It would do the job, looks pretty small though......
Old 17-02-2011, 01:03 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Says it's a 6ft table which is the common size, is it not?

Just thinking about it, if we are getting a removal company in to move my parents down to France then they would put the pool table in their removal van and we'd bypass the cost of delivery from the actual retailer.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 17-02-2011, 01:14 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Standard pub pool table is 7ft, and 2nd hand has to be the way to go as it's not even for your own use. If it were over then I think you can pick them up after IPA tour events (superb condition obviously) but for France I think buying over here and getting it over there yourself would be a massive hassle and not cost effective.
Old 26-05-2011, 04:41 AM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wouldn't a table tennis table be cheaper, and something you can pick up in France?
Old 26-05-2011, 05:38 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
Looking for some advice guys.

My parents are moving to the south of France in six weeks time, attached to their house is a small Gite that they will be renting out to people for holidays so they want to offer some form of entertainment. Getting a Dartboard is easy enough to do but we have been looking at getting a Pool table and that is where we are having a bit of an issue. There are MDF base, slate bed, non slate bed, 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, American style etc etc.

We don't want to spend alot 300ish but want to get something that can take a beating and won't break after 5 minutes. Any ideas?
Swanny,

There's a guy who sells snooker/pool/billiards table in Lyon. He's a former French champion (in one of those sports) so obviously totally unknown. I used to teach his son a fair few years ago too. If you want, I can always pop into his shop and get some info for you. I'm pretty sure he's the n 1 in his line. He may even have an internet site ... PM me if you want.
Old 26-05-2011, 05:40 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Get a cheaper one and pocket the difference