Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 22-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Best female tennis players I have ever seen.

Best serves, best forehands. Backhand goes to Henin, and volleying goes to Graf.

No one can touch them in terms of all around game though. Streets ahead of everyone else.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-06-2011, 08:58 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
I really dont like them, what they hell was venus wearing today? I dont think she's ever looked in the mirror as she seems to think shes some kind of dainty princess the way the dress speaks and acts in her interviews.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 22-06-2011, 09:18 PM
2010.Dougie.Sound.

BulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro
I really dont like them, what they hell was venus wearing today? I dont think she's ever looked in the mirror as she seems to think shes some kind of dainty princess the way the dress speaks and acts in her interviews.
You want to see bad dress sense? Should have seen Mattek-Sands!
"Their name is Crystal ****ing Palace. Just imagine it, a Palace, made out of ****ing crystals. Huddersfield Town? Um, no thanks, I think i'll call my club Sapphire Mansion if that's ok with you." Leicester City Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 on Smoke Bomb v Cardiff
I doubt that whoever did it will own up and apologise to the club but he will probably receive a football banning order when identified on the CCTV. As John Cooper Clarke famously said, nobody has got a good word for you but I have. Twat.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
Best female tennis players I have ever seen.

Best serves, best forehands. Backhand goes to Henin, and volleying goes to Graf.

No one can touch them in terms of all around game though. Streets ahead of everyone else.
Best female tennis players I have ever seen = Graf

Best serve = Graf, best forehand = Graf. Backhand goes to Henin, and volleying goes to Navratilova.

Graf of the late 80's would beat both sisters at their best relatively easily.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:11 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes, Martina & Steffi > Williams bros
Old 23-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy
I like both of them, partly because i hate the snooty tennis establishment and they rubbed it up the wrong way for a while.
This.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:38 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy
Most successful male tennis player from the last 10 years who has spent most of the time blasting away opponents gets cheered and lauded as a hero.

Two utterly dominant female players who have spent the last 10 years dominating the womens game don't get any respect with people wanting to see them fail. Could it be down to the fact that neither of them is a white, blonde eastern european that they don't get more support?
Hard to see beyond this. They have got where they are by drive, hard work and ability. Good luck to them - they deserve their success.
Old 23-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
I don't pretend to know enough about tennis, and I'm looking from the outside in, but surely such dominating figures in their sport should be praised and lauded? To win the amount of titles they have between them is some special achievement. Is them dominating a sport that bad? Surely its just a case of them being the very best in the world at what they do...
Old 23-06-2011, 02:31 AM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They are not very attractive MrHorse. That seems to be the problem.

Although I have seen pics of Serena that say different. To me anyhow.
Old 23-06-2011, 03:20 AM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoneagle
She almost died not that long ago. The fact she was an athlete possibly saved her life. To get back and compete AND win at the biggest tournament in the world is quite an achievement considering where she was in March.

Gazza cried when he got a yellow card because he was a reckless idiot.

I know which one is worse and most pathetic.
Without meaning to be pedantic, what title has she won since her injury? I thought the injury was earlier this year therefore she hasn't won anything bar a first round match against a nobody?

They're fantastic athletes but I don't like their professionalism. They barely play the ATP Circuit hence why they're rarely Number 1 and 2 anymore. IMO, they should be seeded a lot lower instead of constantly being given an easy route to the semi-finals.

I rarely bother with Women's tennis purely because the quality of the sport is vastly inferior to Men's and the grunting is pathetic.
Old 23-06-2011, 04:24 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don't have any ill feelings towards them at all, always thought they were remarkable athletes who focussed their lives totally on a goal to be the best and succeeded. Have never heard them bad mouth any other players and always seemed to take defeat very well. Yes they hate losing and are very competitive but isn't that a good quality?

As for the grunting there are many worse than the Williams sisters

Their dad would appear to be a total idiot though, no reason to hate his daughters for it though.

I hope they stay injury free for the rest of their careers, makes the womens game a lot more interesting. I also think they have the ability to be competitive into their late 30s which would certainly be interesting to watch. My guess is that while they can still win stuff they'll not retire
Old 23-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz_da II

Best serve = Graf, best forehand = Graf. Backhand goes to Henin, and volleying goes to Navratilova.

I disagree. In fact I think she would be overpowered quite easily. If a 16 year old Serbian could overpower her, then i cannot see how the Williams sisters wouldn't have.

The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 23-06-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 23-06-2011, 10:07 AM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz_da II

Eurgh, agreeing with Oz pains me

Having a powerful serve, which the Williams' have, doesn't make it the best. Otherwise Roddick would have 10-15 Slams and Federer would have 1. (Sampras combined both).
Old 23-06-2011, 10:11 AM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son
Without meaning to be pedantic, what title has she won since her injury? I thought the injury was earlier this year therefore she hasn't won anything bar a first round match against a nobody?

They're fantastic athletes but I don't like their professionalism. They barely play the ATP Circuit hence why they're rarely Number 1 and 2 anymore. IMO, they should be seeded a lot lower instead of constantly being given an easy route to the semi-finals.

I rarely bother with Women's tennis purely because the quality of the sport is vastly inferior to Men's and the grunting is pathetic.

I didn't say she won a tournament, I said she won.

If you think she had to, or needs to, win a tournament to complete her comeback then I reckon her reaction to a single win shows differently.

And Venus is seeded 24, how is that an easy route to the semis? And it is only Wimbledon that ignore world rankings so blatantly but if they make Serena a top 8 seed and then she makes the QF or beyond, then surely their decision is justified, no?
Old 23-06-2011, 10:28 AM
2010.Dougie.Sound.

BulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletEagle
You want to see bad dress sense? Should have seen Mattek-Sands!
"Their name is Crystal ****ing Palace. Just imagine it, a Palace, made out of ****ing crystals. Huddersfield Town? Um, no thanks, I think i'll call my club Sapphire Mansion if that's ok with you." Leicester City Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 on Smoke Bomb v Cardiff
I doubt that whoever did it will own up and apologise to the club but he will probably receive a football banning order when identified on the CCTV. As John Cooper Clarke famously said, nobody has got a good word for you but I have. Twat.
Old 23-06-2011, 11:42 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Venus looked like she was wearing some kind of full body adult nappy

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 23-06-2011, 11:46 AM

Lombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH
I'll save BBSers the trouble.

They are both pig ugly and look like gorillas.

I like them. At least they have been champions worthy of the name. Women's tennis seems to have become a showcase for pretty Russians. The top seeds get knockedout so often it has become a joke.

Time to reverse all that Billy Jean and Natratilova nonesense of equal pay. The circus that is women's tennis should start off with 50% of the prize money men get. At least until tennis players decide they want to be Champions and not models.
Quite. No woman would beat any of the top 500 men. Truly. And if you want to see pretty girls, go fo a walk down Oxford Street or similar. Also, that grunting thing makes womens tennis unwatchable. I heard that they don't do it in practice which make it all the worse. Equal pay is a joke. The very very few who go to Wimbledon for the Tennis (and not for "Wimbledon") go to see the men. You could take the women out and no-one would notice. Oh and by the way, cheer up Murray you miserable sod.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH
They are not very attractive MrHorse. That seems to be the problem.

Although I have seen pics of Serena that say different. To me anyhow.
There no Rihanna granted, but I thought there job was to be tennis players, not models?

Like I said, I know 'nowt about tennis, and I'm looking very much in from the outside, but with the honours they have won I'm shocked at some people's comments on here. I thought they would have deserved a wee bit more respect.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
I disagree. In fact I think she would be overpowered quite easily. If a 16 year old Serbian could overpower her, then i cannot see how the Williams sisters wouldn't have.

Graf 10 - 5 Seles

Seles one of the greats pre-stabbing.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:32 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Agree with oz_daII about Graf.

I disliked Sampras for the same reasons I dislike Venus.