Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20-07-2011, 02:44 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
BBS Golf Society - Initial Discussion (now closed)

You guys know it makes sense, there are loads of us who hack our way around courses so a Society is needed! Not sure how often we'd play maybe only a few times a year, maybe only once a year but regardless it'll be a laugh. Stick your name down to join.

I'd like to point out, I have no idea what I'm doing, I know societies often offer prizes and awards after golf days but for the time being we'll keep this purely social and do it for bragging rights on the BBS. To follow on from this it would be good to have someone offer their services to help run things as I'm going to be busy at work and sometimes not available to organize stuff, so anyone who thinks they'll be able to help me out then let me know.

Looking for suggestions of where and when we can play our first day, hopefully some day in the near future i.e. the next 4-6 weeks before the weather really turns nasty. One of our resident pro's, Richj363, has offered us dirt cheap golf with him down in Swindon but understand this might be a long way for some people to go.

BBS Golf Society Members
Chairman: Swanny32 - Chris
Vice Chairman: PistolKnight - ???
Society Pro - Richj363 - Rich
milky87 - Mark??
Lord_Muffin - Martin
Wardy91 - Chris
KevTheOptimist - Kevin
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile - ???? (Sorry I should know by now)
Watson's My cat - ???
stinky - Simon
Diehard - ???

Golf handicap - 9

Last edited by Swanny32; 20-07-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 20-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would be up for playing. I am sure we can get some good deals on local(ish) courses.

I don't mind helping out
Old 20-07-2011, 02:54 PM

Lord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a hero
I'm up for this. I don't live in the same area as most of you guys but I'm quite happy to travel.
Old 20-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
I would have been in, but already play with two societies (IBM & The Tossers - old school mates!) and am the proposed Vice Capt for Bletchingley next year so will be very time poor for the next couple of years as I still have to work full time.

However - if you are looking for a Surreyvenue would be happy to see what Bletchingley could offer - we are looking to revitalise the society bookings over the next 12 months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 20-07-2011, 02:57 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think the best thing to do would be to work out a catchment area that doesn't require a great deal of travelling for most of us. Im in Colchester so to get over to the likes of Swindon is over 3 hours drive.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 20-07-2011, 02:58 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

BBE you gotta be in fella, it won't be all that often!

Golf handicap - 9
Old 20-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
BBE you gotta be in fella, it won't be all that often!
True - but Mrs BBE may well have something to say when all my weekends between March & October are dedicated to golf from Novermber 2011 to November 2013!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 20-07-2011, 03:05 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Milky, I don't have your golfing details on the golf thread.....

Golf handicap - 9
Old 20-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
Milky, I don't have your golfing details on the golf thread.....
PM me what you need and I will let you know mate. I have not got a handicap but at a guess it would be 24ish
Old 20-07-2011, 03:33 PM

richj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerichj363 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would like to be the society pro, giving Gonzo a lesson on Friday this week !
Old 20-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Pint half full member

KevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fine
I'd be game for a game.

Choice of course would depend on how much people wanted to spend, a mate of mine recently paid 45 for a bacon roll, 18 holes, lunch and a buggy at Addington court - which I didn't think was too shabby.

Plenty of society deals around just depends on what area and maybe make a few calls.
Old 20-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
H'Cap 16
Old 20-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Amongst the Premscum.

Watson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses growWatson's My Cat knows where the wild roses grow
I'll struggle to get along sometimes, but would very much like to be on the list so I can join in when available. I have a brother who'll also be tempted.

+28, when in a positive frame of mind.
Old 20-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

I am always getting e-mails with society deals at Woldingham and the Surrey National
Old 20-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Xbox Gamertag - Wardinski

Wardy91 is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesWardy91 is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesWardy91 is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesWardy91 is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesWardy91 is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesWardy91 is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesWardy91 is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace aces
I'll be up for this!, think you've got my golf details already Chris?

BBS Honours:
BBS Ashes 2010/11 Competition Winner
Old 20-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
In

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 20-07-2011, 05:38 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was running a society for many years until recently. Some courses go out of their way to help whereas others can be quite snooty and border on the hostile.

Try these guys ..........

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-07-2011, 05:48 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Seems like this could be a good idea, once we get a good number of people I'll start looking around.

Golf handicap - 9
Old 20-07-2011, 05:49 PM

Diehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I am up for this.....rank 28 though..... West Malling has 2 courses that are pretty decent and they aren't too snobby. Addington Court was a good suggestion too. I also hack around Hever but that may be a bit pricey but all these clubs appreciate the value of the extra income and all can be negotiated with. Good man Swanny.
Old 20-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
I will ask my m8 who runs our society (we usually pay about 40) for a brekkie & 18 holes with prizes, Cherry Lodge will do us a deal, as will the Selsdon Park Hotel, I will make some enquiries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale
Closed Thread