Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I think in the budget, there could well be the proviso for a marque' signing.

But I would get it will be either Chamakh or Bent, certainly not both..
Old 05-08-2013, 11:39 AM

plectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess if we are seriously in for him, it all comes down not to this year's wages but whether he would take a significant wage reduction if we were relegated. Saying all that - let's say we are prepared to spend 25k per week on a top class striker such as Glenn Murray - giving Bent 65k over 3 years represents a further 6m.

If we stay up its instantly worth it but even if we go down, surely with a striker such as him we would be favourites to bounce immediately back up. I would expect Darren Bent to score perhaps 40 goals in the Championship.

I do feel that Steve Parish is beginning to judge every single player on his individual merits etc and what he can offer us at each level etc.

Benteke will never start scoring regularly again and Wickham wont play and perform at top level again.

(living in hope!)

**** it whilst we are at it; we wont qualify for Europe this season 18/19
Old 05-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
I'm far from a pessimist but I really can't see us signing Bent, despite Pauldrulez confirming our interest. Just seems to be a player with a record far too good for little old Palace! Signing Chamakh and Bent along side Gayle could really see us causing problems this season. Hopefully for once our excitement is to be worthwhile!

Follow me on http://http://twitter.com/RyWalCP
Old 05-08-2013, 11:41 AM

plectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rhynoeagle - Brazil world cup .... Darren Bent needs to go to a team that will build around him and let him really shine. If we can offer him that ... who knows.

Benteke will never start scoring regularly again and Wickham wont play and perform at top level again.

(living in hope!)

Old 05-08-2013, 11:42 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynoeagle View Post
I'm far from a pessimist but I really can't see us signing Bent, despite Pauldrulez confirming our interest. Just seems to be a player with a record far too good for little old Palace! Signing Chamakh and Bent along side Gayle could really see us causing problems this season. Hopefully for once our excitement is to be worthwhile!
Thats why i think it will be Bent or Chamakh, neither of them OR Murray can play the wider role so we shall see.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:43 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by plectrum View Post
Rhynoeagle - Brazil world cup .... Darren Bent needs to go to a team that will build around him and let him really shine. If we can offer him that ... who knows.
Fulham, Berbatov is the king there, so where does Bent play?

It is our trump card, IF and how much does Bent desire the WC in Brazil?
Old 05-08-2013, 11:47 AM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bent would be amazing and as Tooting lad, he may well want to come home to his local club. Or would that be AFC Wimbledon? However, if we blow the budget on him and it means we can't afford to get in a much needed defender as well as a striker, I'd rather get in Chamakh and Granqvist. Yep, Bent gives you guaranteed goals. But AJ scored about 21 goals last time around in the Prem and we still went down. We need balance in the squad.

Last edited by limited_edition; 05-08-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Fulham, Berbatov is the king there, so where does Bent play?

It is our trump card, IF and how much does Bent desire the WC in Brazil?
If Newcastle do not get the Lyon striker then Bent will go there IMO but does he like or dislike the North East - not sure what he felt when up there with Sunderland.

(living in hope!)

Old 05-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plectrum View Post
If Newcastle do not get the Lyon striker then Bent will go there IMO but does he like or dislike the North East - not sure what he felt when up there with Sunderland.
They are getting Remy on loan from QPR.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
They are getting Remy on loan from QPR.
They are getting Bent, Remy & Bafetimbi Gomis!!! Hardball

Just out of interest when Harry said Remy would cost 2m does he mean as a signing on fee! Far out - so are Newcastle paying 2m + 50% wages?

(living in hope!)

Old 05-08-2013, 12:14 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Newcastle have got Cisse, Gomis looks to be heading there likewise Remy on loan.

Fulham have got Berbatov.

Palace would be ideal for him if he really wants to get goals to boost his chances of making the England squad in Brazil. And let's be honest a striker's goals is what gets him into the England team.

I've heard he wants the wage he's currently on at Villa however which is our stumbling block I'd imagine.

We do need someone experienced in this league, the choice is do we go for this type of signing or do stick to our policy of signing players under 26 for fees. Personally I'd prefer we got somebody like Paddy Madden for a lot cheaper and some quality defenders in. But Steve Parish knows his budget a lot more than me. Regardless he'd be a cracking for the majority of teams in this league.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Personally I'd prefer we got somebody like Paddy Madden for a lot cheaper and some quality defenders in. .
I guess the problem is that we've already made that kind of signing in Dwight Gayle, the need is for someone experienced, with some kind of track record in this league or top flight level elsewhere in Europe. I would be really surprised if Bent came though due to wages.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
I've heard he wants the wage he's currently on at Villa however which is our stumbling block I'd imagine.
That is an issue he has with Villa.

Villa are legally contracted to pay Bent his salary for another 2 years. In order to avoid that they need him to move. If we only offer half of what he is currently on, then he may accept a pay-off of the other half from Villa, or sit out his contract there.

If Villa don't want him then surely it is better to pay him 3m over 2 years in a contract settlement than to pay him 6m to sit on their bench?

Chances are Villa will want that 3m in the fee of any club buying him, but ulimately will anyone pay it? May be a case of who blinks first but Villa could be stuck with an expensive asset they no longer want, draining their budget which we know has been reduced in recent years.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:28 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bent needs 10 golden opportunities to Score a single goal, providing the team can create enough opportunities we will get a return. My father in law is a Sunderland fan, he cannot stand him, he wastes too many chances. He is not clinical enough. For the right wages and price I think it may be worth the gamble. But fear he will be an expensive flop.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Basil Fawlty

Jay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don't get me wrong I would love to see this happen but I really can't see it.

Chamakh will come in but I reckon that is about it. We certainly will not get both

Dallas cowboys fan.
You shouldn't drink on a empty head.
Friday Night Lights, the best book/TV show/Film combo ever!

follow me on Twitter HarlingJ add me!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
Bent needs 10 golden opportunities to Score a single goal, providing the team can create enough opportunities we will get a return. My father in law is a Sunderland fan, he cannot stand him, he wastes too many chances. He is not clinical enough. For the right wages and price I think it may be worth the gamble. But fear he will be an expensive flop.
It's funny because my friend who supports Sunderland is equally keen to say how poor he is. Funnily enough his assessment of him has changed quite a lot since he walked out on Sunderland for Villa!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
Sorry just dont buy that - Sunderland hate him because he left them for Villa period - he was awesome for them. He played 63 times and scored 36 goals.

your suggestion that he needed 360 golden opportunities i.e. roughly 6 per match is just not accurate, but if he manages to get into positions which give him 6 golden opportunities per game and he manages to convert them at a ratio of 0.57 goals per game then he can waste as many of the rest that he wants!

(living in hope!)

Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
That is an issue he has with Villa.

Villa are legally contracted to pay Bent his salary for another 2 years. In order to avoid that they need him to move. If we only offer half of what he is currently on, then he may accept a pay-off of the other half from Villa, or sit out his contract there.

If Villa don't want him then surely it is better to pay him 3m over 2 years in a contract settlement than to pay him 6m to sit on their bench?

Chances are Villa will want that 3m in the fee of any club buying him, but ulimately will anyone pay it? May be a case of who blinks first but Villa could be stuck with an expensive asset they no longer want, draining their budget which we know has been reduced in recent years.

Steve's confirmed the interest so I imagine what you've said above are the ways we'll be looking to buy him. But I do know for a fact that Darren Bent doesn't want a decrease in his weekly wages.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bent is a big fish/little pond type of player, but aren't we more of a puddle than a pond?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Wash n' gone

Thin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don't know about you lot, but all the figures quoted have made me think i wish i did my school learning at break, and not during class times.