Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Organ donation: Groundbreaking law change in Wales means all adults become donors

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This will work because lots of people are too lazy to opt out.

Sad that it comes to this though and that laws need to be in place because people don't actively sign up, but absolutely the best thing to do given people's apathy.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good
Old 01-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Agree with it totally
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
Organ donation: Groundbreaking law change in Wales means all adults become donors

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This will work because lots of people are too lazy to opt out.

Sad that it comes to this though and that laws need to be in place because people don't actively sign up, but absolutely the best thing to do given people's apathy.
A long time coming but very welcome. I really hope they can roll this out in the rest of the UK. My dad is one of the 60 people mentioned in the article being supported by LVAD technology for his heart. He's been on the transplant register for 5 years but the number of heart transplants performed is still very low.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Agree with it totally
Absolutely.

I said on this thread previously that really it should be brought in from birth, at which point your parents can opt you out if they want to.

Then, when you are 16/18/21 you are re-enrolled as an adult, and then, again, have the option of opting out but are advised of all of the benefits of staying in.

Unfortunately, organ donation is not a nice subject, so when leaving it up to the individual, they are likely to not bother opting in within our current system. However, due to this degree of apathy, if you opt them in, they are likely to stay in.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:35 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
When this topic was first raised a few years ago I had reservations purely on the angle of it being government-driven (iirc) and there were a few malicious rumours doing the rounds about their sale abroad and whatever else. I remember at the time thinking that the action was tantamount to your body being a possession of the state to do with what they wanted when you died etc. That sat a little uneasily for me.

However, I have to say that in the meantime I have revised my position entirely and I think that the 'opt-out' policy is a very good one. Furthermore, given how the circumstances of ones death can render plenty of tissue un-usable for life-saving transplant, it really should mean (IMO) that by having so many more donors this way, there is much more likelihood of usable tissues becoming available this way.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:41 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is an utterly appalling piece of legislation. I choose to be an organ donor but it is for the individual to opt in, not for the state to dictate that you have to opt out. A persons body does not belong to the state.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
It is an utterly appalling piece of legislation. I choose to be an organ donor but it is for the individual to opt in, not for the state to dictate that you have to opt out. A persons body does not belong to the state.
They have every opportunity to opt out.

Truth is there is no power struggle here.

People are too damn lazy to opt in, and they'll be too lazy to opt out.

So you may as well introduce legislation that enables more lives to be saved out of apathy.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I really don't get the issue with donating organs when one is gone. Not exactly going to need them. Adults I'm talking about - I can see the emotional issue around kids of course
Old 01-12-2015, 01:49 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Truth is there is no power struggle here.

No power struggle ? You are happy to hand over peoples body to state control. Why not let the state harvest the organs ? Then sell them on as well ? After all the person is dead right ? Why not sell off livers and kidneys to help fund public services ?

I would be happy for massive campaigns to encourage people to sign up. Make the whole process far easier and so on. But it is wrong for any Government to make it that people have to opt out. The state does not own your body.

It terrifies me how so many people want to encourage even more Government control over our lives and now our deaths as well.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:52 PM

ReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Opt in by default is definitely the correct decision. If people have strong views against it, they can opt out if they want to, but I'm strongly in favour of presumed consent being the default position.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Im selling all my bits before I die..
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 01-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
You'll just be a cock in the end then....

Old 01-12-2015, 04:02 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Are you included if you just go there for the weekend?
Old 01-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
I have long carried an organ donor card, but I am not comfortable with the automatic opt-in because it basically means that your body belongs to the state.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
No power struggle ? You are happy to hand over peoples body to state control. Why not let the state harvest the organs ? Then sell them on as well ? After all the person is dead right ? Why not sell off livers and kidneys to help fund public services ?

I would be happy for massive campaigns to encourage people to sign up. Make the whole process far easier and so on. But it is wrong for any Government to make it that people have to opt out. The state does not own your body.

It terrifies me how so many people want to encourage even more Government control over our lives and now our deaths as well.
I'm sorry, but I just don't understand your paranoia or fear in regarding the Government in this instance?

There is not enough blood and organs available at the minute as a result of us living longer and having a bigger population. It could be any one of us or our family and friends that could require a transplant.

Donít think of it as the Government, per say, marching in before you are cold and taking what they want. Itís legislation which makes it easier for the right people, both professionally and medically, to make best use of your organs when you are no longer able to.

Itís great that you are a donor by choice, but let us not forget that were more people sensible enough to sign up, then this would be a non-issue.

The number of donars will increase as a result of this in Wales, because most people doní give a shit either way, so they will stay in.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:03 PM

crenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Absolutely.

I said on this thread previously that really it should be brought in from birth, at which point your parents can opt you out if they want to.

Then, when you are 16/18/21 you are re-enrolled as an adult, and then, again, have the option of opting out but are advised of all of the benefits of staying in.

Unfortunately, organ donation is not a nice subject, so when leaving it up to the individual, they are likely to not bother opting in within our current system. However, due to this degree of apathy, if you opt them in, they are likely to stay in.
I opted in a few years back. Can't remember what prompted me to do it, I think I might have been in hospital and they asked. Ticked the box to give absolutely everything. Once I'm gone I don't need any of it.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
How much for your Ticker, do you de liver and is there a discount for season ticket holders?

Last edited by Hibernator; 01-12-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi View Post
Are you included if you just go there for the weekend?
Yes, but there will be provision for an opt out button at the Severn Bridge tolls. Cost you an extra quid though.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy View Post
I've got an old Yamaha you can have if you need it
I suspect most would be organ donors have an old Yamaha or Suzuki or Honda or...