Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Why this, has Josh bought the BBS? Cos why would we give a shit about this...
Old 27-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Surely it should be called Red Friday as individual consumers crash deeper into debt.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 27-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Or Not Interested Friday ?
Old 27-11-2014, 07:24 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
need a new oven desperately so hoping there are some bargains going

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 27-11-2014, 07:42 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chromecast on Amazon £10.00 off.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-11-2014, 07:59 PM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
How can you have Black Friday in The UK when you don't have Thanksgiving Thursday off and the Friday which most people (except shop workers!) get off?

Can't The UK come up with its own special media/consumer driven days anymore?
It's called the internet.
Old 27-11-2014, 08:01 PM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have it here, plus Cyber Monday a week or so before.

Last year I got a laptop and a tablet for prices I was more than happy with.

Amazon might have a deal or two on DVDs if you are looking for specific box sets.
Old 27-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Game are doing Xbox one with 4 games for £299.99 from midnight and instore. They are doing a similar PS4 deal as well.

I get paid at midnight.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984

Last edited by deftones_eagle; 27-11-2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 27-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Just went to have a nosey on the Curry's website to see what the fuss is about. Apparently it can't cope with the demand (it's not even Friday yet!), so they place you in a queue which they reckon will take 22 minutes and has about 90,000 people in front of you!!

I think the 'Black Friday' tag is a red herring. In the UK it is nothing to do with thanksgiving but all to do with being the payday before Christmas and people loving a 'bargain'!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 27-11-2014, 08:38 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
In the UK it is nothing to do with thanksgiving but all to do with being the payday before Christmas and people loving a 'bargain'!
isn't that obvious??
Old 27-11-2014, 08:42 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Just went to have a nosey on the Curry's website to see what the fuss is about. Apparently it can't cope with the demand (it's not even Friday yet!), so they place you in a queue which they reckon will take 22 minutes and has about 90,000 people in front of you!!

I think the 'Black Friday' tag is a red herring. In the UK it is nothing to do with thanksgiving but all to do with being the payday before Christmas and people loving a 'bargain'!
Having the same issue with the currys website, they better have some cheap ovens!!!

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 27-11-2014, 08:59 PM
ValetingMan - (Unretired)

deanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm in Florida tonight and looking to go shopping! Yesterday I got a bose solo speaker for TV for £180 yet it's £400 in uk!

Quote "CPFCBBS" and get 10% off any booking!
Old 27-11-2014, 09:02 PM

Had the same issue with Chilean websites a year ago. When I managed to get into one, all the offers were with their store card only. Did manage to get into the other in the nick of time to get the couple of things I wanted, then they were sold out.

There are some good offers if you are patient and lucky. And yes you shouldn't be conned into getting stuff you don't need for pointless discounts.

They usually have a viral event here where hundreds, nay thousands go to a particular event because of PS4s, laptops etc are on offer. People queue up overnight etc. A few thousand in the queue last time around; the first 20 or so picked up the good stuff (and even that was usually shop display stuff that was slightly damaged. The rest ended up looking at computer cables and like in bargain bins.

A bit like those dodgy sell offs of mysery packages you get in high streets. They show you digital cameras etc.., have a guy in the crowd, and then sell you a broken food mixer and a chinese torch for 20 notes. LOL
Old 27-11-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanchilds View Post
I'm in Florida tonight and looking to go shopping! Yesterday I got a bose solo speaker for TV for £180 yet it's £400 in uk!
Is that your first time in Florida Dean?
Old 27-11-2014, 09:03 PM

deanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes.

No 4th year in a row. 6th since 2006.

Old 27-11-2014, 09:04 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Sorry but that's ludicrous, how many people actually need a new fridge that desperately.

Idiots
Old 27-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Why not call it Good Friday II, ideal opportunity to nail down a bargain.
Old 27-11-2014, 09:18 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanchilds View Post
Yes.

No 4th year in a row. 6th since 2006.
You do know there's other places right?
Old 27-11-2014, 09:21 PM

Must admit, I'm not enjoying it as much at the moment, very busy and as only been in my house 2 weeks and having to leave it behind means it's something I'm looking forward to going back to when usually I don't!

Old 27-11-2014, 09:51 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
Surely it should be called Red Friday as individual consumers crash deeper into debt.
But for the retailers it is the day they finally go from loss to profit for the year - from the red and into the black.