Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-11-2014, 10:48 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
How can you have Black Friday in The UK when you don't have Thanksgiving Thursday off and the Friday which most people (except shop workers!) get off?

Can't The UK come up with its own special media/consumer driven days anymore?
Britain isn't British anymore.
Old 27-11-2014, 11:05 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
does black friday go on for just friday or does it run till Monday cos someone just said it does but that sounds too dumb to be true?
Old 27-11-2014, 11:17 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
At work( big food retailer) we can't purchase anything in work uniform or get discount on blk fri offers .
Old 27-11-2014, 11:19 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
does black friday go on for just friday or does it run till Monday cos someone just said it does but that sounds too dumb to be true?
Prob till stock has gone.
Old 27-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Some are running friday and saturday, and on Monday it's more technology based I think.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

http://nightmaresinadamagedbrain.wordpress.com
http://saulisshootingforthemoon.wordpress.com
Old 27-11-2014, 11:41 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Britain isn't British anymore.
It's never been the same since Doggerland got flooded 8,000-odd years ago
Old 28-11-2014, 01:15 AM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Did just get an email from HMV, advertising Motorhead over ear headphones, I've looked at these before, the site says 19.99 from 119.99, but they've always been priced at 29.99 in store. It's a deliberate rip off.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

Old 28-11-2014, 01:23 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Everything awful about humanity rolled into one day.
Old 28-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Eating Organic Thistles

Has caused chaos, it's 1.23am, 12 minute wait to get on currys website and argos has melted down lol

Old 28-11-2014, 01:27 AM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
Sorry but that's ludicrous, how many people actually need a new fridge that desperately.

Idiots
1) They are not all looking for a fridge (or oven).

2) It's refreshing an internet page, not camping outside a store overnight or longer when you're supposed to be celebrating thanksgiving.

It depends how you view it. If you are willing to queue for hours, get into fights, and get involved in crushes leading to deaths (let's see what happen this year), then I agree you're an idiot.

If you did what I did last year, and spent about 3 hours on line and got a decent laptop and tablet for about 150 snots all in - I think you can feel a little pleased.

I also agree in respect that I don't need anything this year, so happy to give it a miss. Some might look for cheap options for Christmas presents, though.
Old 28-11-2014, 01:30 AM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Some offers started earlier this week. Better to space them out a bit I reckon.
Amazon.com have had good deals all week on DVDs. For example, if it is your cup of tea, series 1 to 4 Downton Abbey on Blue Ray was $36.
Old 28-11-2014, 01:32 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1664 View Post
Has caused chaos, it's 1.23am, 12 minute wait to get on currys website and argos has melted down lol
It's a mugs game. The deals have already gone to people who have the nous and contacts and the house knows the plebs will buy something to justify staying up all night.
Old 28-11-2014, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1664 View Post
Did just get an email from HMV, advertising Motorhead over ear headphones, I've looked at these before, the site says 19.99 from 119.99, but they've always been priced at 29.99 in store. It's a deliberate rip off.
It's false advertising for sure,but it's not a rip off if it is being offered 10 quid lower than the store price. If a punter chooses to believe that the original in store price was 120 notes, more fool him.
Old 28-11-2014, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
It's a mugs game. The deals have already gone to people who have the nous and contacts and the house knows the plebs will buy something to justify staying up all night.
Depends.

If you are someone who must have a PS4 or Apple 6 then you're going to be disappointed. If you are looking for a last generation TV, because you are not obsessed with having the latest gadget, I reckon you can find something at a decent price as stores clear away old stock.
Old 28-11-2014, 04:39 AM

Madden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Ron View Post
Personally I find the CT shirts miles better than the TM Lewin ones - but I bet CT are doing same sort of offer.....
Just got a 15% off black friday offer from them. Their non-iron shirts are definitely superior as I find most of the TM Lewin's don't match the description!

Last edited by Madden; 28-11-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 28-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seems as though the Game website crashed last night. I would have purchased a new console if the website would have worked but it didn't. No big deal.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 28-11-2014, 07:32 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones_eagle View Post
Game are doing Xbox one with 4 games for 299.99 from midnight and instore. They are doing a similar PS4 deal as well.

I get paid at midnight.
Aren't the games a bit rubbish though or can you swap them? I think it's one disc and 3 downloads.
Old 28-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Just got 100 off a Mac book pro, on top of work discount.

Which was nice
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 28-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Aren't the games a bit rubbish though or can you swap them? I think it's one disc and 3 downloads.
It was Forza, 2 assassins creed games and the new lego one.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 28-11-2014, 07:50 AM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I take it all back. Amazon are doing limited edition Lady & The Tramp Dvd for 7. Makes the whole thing worthwhile.