Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
If you can show that you thought the images were royalty-free, then yes, yes it is.
And, more to the point having actually read the post, if you can show that the images were actually supplied by the plaintiff...

Old 02-12-2015, 09:12 PM

JohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
These guys are arseholes. they constantly send these letters to our legal team. Normally, they accuse us of using shots THAT WE COMMISSIONED AND OWN USAGE FOR that are then syndicated by the photographer. I have to send copies of our contracts showing we have the rights to use them indefinitely and then they go away.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:29 PM

French Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I had it with Getty Images.

Got our lawyer to write to them, advising them that blackmail that uses threate of vexatious litigation is actually not within the law.
I also had this with Getty, a student had used an image on our schools website. I protested as much as i could, and they reduced it by 50% but I still ended up paying them 350€
Old 02-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Ouch.

Getty use bots to trawl the net looking for their watermark.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-12-2015, 12:58 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
take down image and ignore
Best advice.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:50 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
I had a similar thing a few years ago but regarding a domain name. I received an email from a solicitor claiming I was using the name illegally and to transfer it immediately, it was a bit more long winded than that with all sorts of legal jargon (shite). I politely told him to piss off and that I had purchased it legitimately (for 6 euros, didn't mention that) from a bonefide seller. I said he could have it for 70 euros if he wanted it.

Heard nothing back for 2 months then I got another email saying "ok will pay the 70 euros". Obviously some nob trying it on via his lawyer. Wankers.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 03-12-2015, 04:06 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My previous web designer, who is a complete prat, used loads of stock photos on my site.

I asked him at the time if they were copyrighted, and he said that they were fine to use.

Fast forward 6 years, and had an email from him early this year, saying that the images were in fact subject to copyright, and that He had received threatening letters for their use. According to him it would have been me who was liable for the fine, despite him selecting them and me having nothing to do with the design of the website. Stupid twat then asked me to pay him for the time he spent removing the offending pictures! I ended up taking the site down and redesigning it completely with another company, just to spite him!
Old 04-12-2015, 01:04 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
My previous web designer, who is a complete prat, used loads of stock photos on my site.

I asked him at the time if they were copyrighted, and he said that they were fine to use.

Fast forward 6 years, and had an email from him early this year, saying that the images were in fact subject to copyright, and that He had received threatening letters for their use. According to him it would have been me who was liable for the fine, despite him selecting them and me having nothing to do with the design of the website. Stupid twat then asked me to pay him for the time he spent removing the offending pictures! I ended up taking the site down and redesigning it completely with another company, just to spite him!
He is a wanker. If I used an illegal image for a design for a client, the design is my copyright, I own it as I created it therefore liable for the illegal use of images, not my client unless he specifically wanted the image, was made aware it was naughty and signed to say so. But I just would tell him I'm not doing it anyway because I'd probably still be done anyway as well for knowingly allowing it.

I'll murder that bloke as long as you sign to say it was ok.

Who opened their lunch?