Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-12-2015, 09:25 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Out of date bacon - how long is it ok for?

Just eaten some bacon (well 6 rashers) which tasted good. When i chucked the packet in the bin though, i noticed its best before date was 2nd december. Have a long drive in a minute, should i take the andrews with me?
Old 10-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
You'll be fine.

Bacon Expiration Date

(Unopened)

Refrigerator

Past Printed Date
Bacon lasts for 1-2 Weeks

(Opened)

Refrigerator

Past Printed Date
Fresh Bacon lasts for 1 Week
Old 10-12-2015, 09:39 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
You'll be fine.

Bacon Expiration Date

(Unopened)

Refrigerator

Past Printed Date
Bacon lasts for 1-2 Weeks

(Opened)

Refrigerator

Fresh Bacon lasts for 1 Week
Cheers mate. Always a bit dubious about the 'best before' dates on stuff anyway, unless its milk or something. The andrews next door will be happy too.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Don't forget the difference between use by and best before

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-12-2015, 10:20 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
It's cured, it would need to stink noticeably to be bad.

Bacons great.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Streaky or back? Doesn't make a difference, I'm just interested.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:25 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Even fresh bacon stinks of piss sometimes so I wouldn't worry.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
FWIW if it doesn't give you the shits that'll be because it will probably contain sodium nitrate. So yay for sodium nitrate.

The downside is that the sodium nitrate will give you cancer instead.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:28 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
FWIW if it doesn't give you the shits that'll be because it will probably contain sodium nitrate. So yay for sodium nitrate.

Did you read that in the Daily Mail? I think they said it prevented cancer the week after.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Did you read that in the Daily Mail? I think they said it prevented cancer the week after.
Nope. My father told me this some years ago. Then the WHO confirmed it a couple of months ago.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nope. My father told me this some years ago. Then the WHO confirmed it a couple of months ago.
No, they didn't.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
When I was a young boy my father said to me listen here my son...

What the feck does Roger Daltrey know about bacon anyway?
Old 10-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
No, they didn't.
Is this a semantics argument?
Old 10-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

That's me not eating any more green veg then.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:48 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:

Old 10-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
as long as you eat them very fresh it's supposed to be okay. Also content varies depending on where they are from.

Having said all that I am typing this whislt smoking so.....
Old 10-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Cheers mate. Always a bit dubious about the 'best before' dates on stuff anyway, unless its milk or something. The andrews next door will be happy too.
Milk is the one thing i'm least bothered about.

You know what it should look, taste and smell like. If it doesn't meet any of those things then down the sink, if not, brew up.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:00 AM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just eaten some bacon (well 6 rashers) which tasted good. When i chucked the packet in the bin though, i noticed its best before date was 2nd december. Have a long drive in a minute, should i take the andrews with me?
You fat bastard

Ebay or gumtree?
Old 10-12-2015, 11:04 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Six!!

Anyway, I keep bacon for ages, weeks even. Just do a sniff test, you'll soon know
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 10-12-2015, 11:08 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I just asked my Jewish neighbour, he said you'll be sick for years, possibly death...... Think the last bit was an exaggeration though.