Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-10-2019, 05:36 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
AS has shown enough to warrant a bit of patience... I don’t think CB would do as well as AS over there... I don’t think CB can physically play for 90mins... he is half the player he was at Villa. AS has scored a few goals where he has run in behind... I can’t see CB doing that. I think CB is now a one trick pony... if you put the ball on his head he is decent... but that’s it.
The way RH wants us to play is by having a front man that will run the channels, get in behind and stretch the play. Ayew is good at that. CW/CB can’t do it... if Ayew gets crocked... we are fukked. I would have kept AS if CB/CW are our replacement strikers.
Presumably we would revert to Wilf or Wilf plus Andros as centre forwards. I suspect Roy had decided he would rather do that than play Sorloth.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:37 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
What on earth is the obsession people have with Jach/Rakip. Two drops in the ocean money wise yet always seem to get mentioned.

All these people writing off Sorloth might want to remember where players like Murray and Lambert where at his age.
They are exceptions to the general rule though.
Old 29-10-2019, 05:47 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
What on earth is the obsession people have with Jach/Rakip. Two drops in the ocean money wise yet always seem to get mentioned.

All these people writing off Sorloth might want to remember where players like Murray and Lambert where at his age.
I get your point .. out of interest where were they at this age?
Old 29-10-2019, 07:11 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
I get your point .. out of interest where were they at this age?
Ricky Lambert was at Stockport and moved to Rochdale in 2005.
Glen Murray was born a year later so in 2006 his club was Carlisle who interestingly loaned him to Stockport and Rochdale in that year!
Old 29-10-2019, 07:14 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Dies this mean we should be offering ten million for league two players in their early mid twenties?
Old 30-10-2019, 03:18 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
News from Sløth:

I Am Calmer – Crystal Palace Star Happy With Longer Loan Away From Selhurst Park

Crystal Palace loanee Alexander Sorloth believes that his two-year loan stint at Trabzonspor is allowing him to settle down without thinking about his next move.

Sorloth moved to Turkey on a two-year loan deal from Crystal Palace in the summer, with the striker surplus to requirements for Eagles boss Roy Hodgson.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
It Was Extra Delicious – Crystal Palace Loanee Delights At Revenge On Defender In Super Lig Clash

Crystal Palace loanee Alexander Sorloth has revealed that he enjoyed getting his own back on Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel during his side’s 2-2 draw at Istanbul Basaksehir on Monday night in the Turkish Super Lig.

The two sides clashed on Monday night and Sorloth’s injury-time equaliser earned Trabzonspor a point away at Skrtel's Basaksehir.

The Crystal Palace contracted striker was not happy about the treatment he was getting from Skrtel, who was at the heart of Basaksehir’s defence, and admits that he received a painful reminder of the Slovak’s presence just before the decisive corner from which he scored.

Sorloth admits that he was already annoyed at Skrtel’s painful challenge and the fact that he evaded the defender’s marking to score the equalising header was extra special.

The striker told Norwegian broadcaster TV2: “In the situation just before the corner, Skrtel planted his studs right on the back of my thigh.

“I was not happy.

“It was extra delicious as it was Skrtel who was marking me on the corner.

“It was nice revenge.”

Sorloth joined Trabzonspor on a two-year loan deal from Crystal Palace last summer in order to play regular first-team football.

He has already netted six goals in nine Super Lig appearances this season for Trabzonspor and is becoming a firm fan favourite at the Black Sea club.

Old 30-10-2019, 03:28 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Good for him.

Ridiculous amount of flack he gets here. He's out there working on his career, meanwhile Riedewald...
Old 30-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Unregistered Muser

He'll come good, hopefully at Palace
Old 30-10-2019, 03:44 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
He'll come good, hopefully at Palace
Not while roy is here. No service.
Old 30-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Not while roy is here. No service.
How has Ayew got 4 in 9?
How did Batshuayi get 6 in 13?

Good strikers score goals from little service.

Hard working strikers score goals from little service.

We're never going to create 10 clear cut chances a game and not many teams do.

With the strikers we have had over the past 2 and a half seasons, I'm glad we don't sacrifice the defence for offence as they'd only waste the chances, and we'd simply concede more.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:05 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Old 31-10-2019, 02:41 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
Good for him.

Ridiculous amount of flack he gets here. He's out there working on his career, meanwhile Riedewald...
I never rated him but you are spot on about Riedewald. Utter waster.
Old 31-10-2019, 02:58 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
How has Ayew got 4 in 9?
How did Batshuayi get 6 in 13?

Good strikers score goals from little service.

Hard working strikers score goals from little service.

We're never going to create 10 clear cut chances a game and not many teams do.

With the strikers we have had over the past 2 and a half seasons, I'm glad we don't sacrifice the defence for offence as they'd only waste the chances, and we'd simply concede more.
We just dont play his way. Still, the prem is a tough place we are not totally sure he is good enough for this level yet
Old 01-11-2019, 08:43 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
He clearly needs development. At least he's getting regular game time and doing well. Teemu Pukki anyone? He hadn't had a huge amount of playing experience when we got him. Big move too soon. I hope we are actually monitoring him so don't end up doing what Man U did with Wilf.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:00 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
Good for him.

Yeah agree, I really don't get it, people were on his back almost immediately, ok he's not the finished article but he's clearly got something. I know people will say it's only the Turkish league but what do they really know about the standard of that league? He's now playing for a bigger club than Palace and one that plays and competes in Europe on a regular basis.

Good luck to him.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:02 PM
I'm thinking about it

We could have got Haaland for half the price if we wanted a striker from the Norwegian league.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:56 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
We could have got Haaland for half the price if we wanted a striker from the Norwegian league.
Yeah, but he'd been on loan from us to Mansfield by now
Old 06-11-2019, 08:27 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Haaland has a price tag of £80m put on by his club, his dad Alf-Inge said this morning.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:38 PM

churley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechurley1988 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1968 View Post
Haaland has a price tag of £80m put on by his club, his dad Alf-Inge said this morning.
Not at the time we signed Sørloth I think is the point he’s trying to make, all subjective though as any club could say that as we didn’t even sign AS from the Norwegian League!