Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 05:30 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Really good 3 games , going to be pyschical and Huddersfield . Tough call whether he stays in . But great prospect
How is it a tough call?

Joel is injured, and TFM isn't anywhere near good enough to replace AWB
Old 11-03-2018, 09:55 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I believe I saw somewhere that he had played for one of the African countries U20's. I apologize for not recalling which one.
DR Congo U20, with Jason Lokilo as well. I think we may see him in an England shirt at some point in the not too distant future should he continue to do well (obviously not senior)

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 11-03-2018, 12:16 PM

eltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
...who would have thought that one of our key players we don't want to see injured in the run-in would be AWB?
Old 11-03-2018, 02:28 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
It seems those who make hyperbolic statements about his performances, then also over react when someone points out one area of his game that needs work. It’s not getting on his back but maybe Im coming forward to say this as some are getting well too carroed away, giving him man of the match each game and saying he is in line for an England call up. I thought his debut was shakey positionally and composure releasing the ball, his defensive side was execellent however, but his performance against Man U deserved plaudits.

I am excited but I just want to be realistic and patient with the lad, and honestly observe his play which can only improve.

This forum would be dull of we all had rose tinted specs on and said the same thing, so dont get upset if someone opposes that.

He is first choice right back for me until he gets injured or has a shocker which I cant see happening (I have to say this statement at end to show im not ‘getting on his back’)

Last edited by MFBias; 11-03-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:32 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
It seems those who make hyperbolic statements about his performances, then also over react when someone points out one area of his game that needs work. It’s not getting on his back but maybe Im coming forward to say this as some are getting well too carroed away, giving him man of the match each game and saying he is in line for an England call up. I thought his debut was shakey positionally and composure releasing the ball, his defensive side was execellent however, but his performance against Man U deserved plaudits.

I am excited but I just want to be realistic and patient with the lad, and honestly observe his play which can only improve.

This forum would be dull of we all had rose tinted specs on and said the same thing, so dont get upset if someone opposes that.

He is first choice right back for me until he gets injured or has a shocker which I cant see happening (I have to say this statement at end to show im not ‘getting on his back’)

Good post.

His debut was good but not brilliant (38% pass completion). Let’s not heap pressure on him.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:43 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:

Good post.

You are right. I got neg repped for saying he had a very good game but needs to work on his Positioning..
Old 11-03-2018, 03:21 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Trust me, I'm very excited by his emergence but saying he could be an outside bet for the World Cup is OTT. We can be realistic but appreciative of his performances. It also risks putting unnecessary pressure on him.
Crikey, has somebody seriously suggested a possible World Cup squad slot I have sung his praises for his unexpectedly good performances, but this is the best i have heard this year, rose tinted specs and all that.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:27 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well done on completely missing the point. It's an impressive achievement
Old 11-03-2018, 03:41 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
His performance yesterday was once again very good if not brilliant. He's done enough to suggest already that we have a gem on our hands, yet we have doubters about flaws in his game because of one bad cross in the final minute. Yesterday I saw pace, great tackling ability, awareness of covering space and maturity far beyond his years. Townsend's support and encouragement to the youngster was again evident.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:10 PM

dougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Best full back I've seen since Roberto Carlos.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
His performance yesterday was once again very good if not brilliant. He's done enough to suggest already that we have a gem on our hands, yet we have doubters about flaws in his game because of one bad cross in the final minute. Yesterday I saw pace, great tackling ability, awareness of covering space and maturity far beyond his years. Townsend's support and encouragement to the youngster was again evident.
He has missplaced crosses in all his 3 games. There was and equally wayward one against Tottenham at the end of the game, and he nearly scored from a misplace cross against Man U. His crossing has been poor. I dont doubt him at all, he is first choice at the minute but people should understand when there are those that are hyping him as the next Cafu, that will provoke an honest reaction from some to say he is not...yet.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
DR Congo U20, with Jason Lokilo as well. I think we may see him in an England shirt at sodme point in the not too distant future should he continue to do well (obviously not senior)
The last thing he needs is to get dragged into the England WC squad and spend the Summer idling about with the big-talker tosspots of the "England set-up". he needs a good holiday, and to come back fresh and fit. It's a shame, in a way, that we no longer have Bolasie to mentor him, but Wilf or Sakho should be asked to look after these young guns. He has broken through - no point in going back to the under-age teams - can't believe the owners would be interested in further hype and speculation. He needs tranquility to develop in peace.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:58 PM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
The last thing he needs is to get dragged into the England WC squad and spend the Summer idling about with the big-talker tosspots of the "England set-up". he needs a good holiday, and to come back fresh and fit. It's a shame, in a way, that we no longer have Bolasie to mentor him, but Wilf or Sakho should be asked to look after these young guns. He has broken through - no point in going back to the under-age teams - can't believe the owners would be interested in further hype and speculation. He needs tranquility to develop in peace.
Agreed. He has the makings of a real gem and gives hope to the academy system which seems to have been given back-burner status.

Apparently he and Townsend have developed quite a rapport and you can see an understanding between the two on the pitch.

He looks great going forward and is brave in the tackle. As long as he remembers his role at back is the priority he should be on the teamsheet for years to come. His naivety was exposed for the second goal.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:59 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
He has missplaced crosses in all his 3 games. There was and equally wayward one against Tottenham at the end of the game, and he nearly scored from a misplace cross against Man U. His crossing has been poor. I dont doubt him at all, he is first choice at the minute but people should understand when there are those that are hyping him as the next Cafu, that will provoke an honest reaction from some to say he is not...yet.
Misplaced crosses!! Have you seen the sh*'te crosses from ward TFM and even Kelly when played there? I have nothing but praise for him. Hope he keeps his place.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Asbo

Pubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Misplaced crosses!! Have you seen the sh*'te crosses from ward TFM and even Kelly when played there? I have nothing but praise for him. Hope he keeps his place.
This and to consider our Lord wilf could not cross in his early days. So far has done the main part of his job I.e. defending very well
Old 11-03-2018, 05:14 PM

Groinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Interesting discussion around crossing; watching the Bournemouth v Spurs game and both Rose and Aurier have misplaced crosses from good positions. These are established prem league players....
Old 11-03-2018, 05:17 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Misplaced crosses happen every game by established players.. wilf.. Andros.. etc. That isn’t a worry. He has looked very tidy, looks a good player.. his positioning needs working on but to be expected at his age.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:30 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
He's 20 and has played 3 senior games so far in his career. He's done brilliantly well in all those games. Is he the finished article? Of course not. There are obviously areas of his game he needs to work on and I'm sure Roy and the coaching team will be helping him with those. But in terms of raw ability, and the ability to actually turn out a performance at the highest level, he's well on course.

I would play him as much as possible for the remainder of the season. If one good thing to come out of this shitty season is the breakthrough of another academy player to the first team it will make me feel a lot better.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:37 PM

Groinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Misplaced crosses happen every game by established players.. wilf.. Andros.. etc. That isn’t a worry. He has looked very tidy, looks a good player.. his positioning needs working on but to be expected at his age.
Absolutely and illustrates the point that he has played 3 games against top opposition and performed extremely well despite some pointing toward supposed deficiency in his crossing. Of course his crossing can improve and I’m sure it will over time, but his current ability to cross doesn’t really put him behind other top full backs in the prem.

In terms of positioning he looks to me to be very focussed and aware and is very quick off the mark to get in close to his wide man when the play is switched. I’ve been impressed with this aspect if his game

Last edited by Groinstrain; 11-03-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:41 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I was a bit concerned about the right back spot next season given TFM will go back and ward is out of contract. It's fantastic to get what feels like a new signing in Bissaka. He's got all the raw materials to be a very good defender at this level by the looks of it.
Closed Thread