Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 11:33 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardo7 View Post
Give him a break, for a young lad chucked in a the deep end for two big games he was very impressive.
******* hell you lot. what was the first few words of my sentence.

He was very good. However constructive criticism would be he needs to work on his positioning. However he was very good, and looks a real prospect
Old 05-03-2018, 11:34 PM

lombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post

He was very good. However constructive criticism would be he needs to work on his positioning. However he was very good, and looks a real prospect
Apologies
Old 05-03-2018, 11:38 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardo7 View Post
Apologies
No problemo
Old 05-03-2018, 11:38 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post

Agreed but he seems to have the speed and ‘reach’ to overcome when he is caught out. Many times tonight I thought the lad was beaten but he wasn’t, he was just biding his time lulling international footballers into a false sense of security.

I like him and I liked his stepovers going forward.

Oh and that was a shot second half too.

(It wasn’t)

Last edited by Hpalace; 05-03-2018 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:41 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordbenny View Post
That tackle.....right infront of us was THE moment of the game for me.
Wasn’t that great, I don’t often stand up to applaud a tackle!

Get that slightly wrong and that ref would have loved to give them a pen.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:41 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Unbelievable performance against some of the best attacking players about. Was a pleasure to watch him tonight - he didn’t deserve to be on the losing side.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Agreed but he seems to have the speed and ‘reach’ to overcome when he is caught out. Many times tonight I thought the lad was beaten but he wasn’t, he was just biding his time lulling international footballers into a false sense of security.

(It wasn’t)
I agree. Lots of promise.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:57 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Didn't think he could improve much on his Spurs performance but he managed it tonight. So assured and confident on the ball. Put in some great tackles as well.

I hope Roy rewards him with some loyalty and keeps him in the team. He's definitely good enough on the basis of the last two games.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:00 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
I thought he was fantastic. Looks to have some ability going forwards too.

A real prospect.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:15 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post

(It wasn’t)
I insisted to my mate it was a quality piece of forward play trying to catch out a world class keeper.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:15 AM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Even more impressive than he was against Spurs. Keep it up Aaron!
Old 06-03-2018, 12:33 AM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
outstanding tonight. Two tackles on Rashford in rhe box showed no fear. He is what we are about not overpaid cowards like Sakho and Benteke
Old 06-03-2018, 12:36 AM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looked good going forward as well. Should keep his place now IMO.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:43 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
I love it when a kid gets a chance and shows what he's made of. This is what our club is about imo, develop, nurture and give them opportunities. They'll always reward you with maximum effort, even if they're not up to it. This kid is though
Old 06-03-2018, 12:55 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Fcuking brilliant. So confident and lively. Start him every week and let him do his thing

the Palace yoof are back
Old 06-03-2018, 01:15 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
For a player that has spent the major part of his development as a tricky winger/creative player I am really surprised at how well he times his tackles. I am not sure how long he will continue making so many in critical areas because I suspect there is a fair chance it will be coached out of him for fear of penalties/FKs/Cards etc. But credit to him, he was making a clean challenge and winning the ball. Excellent and a fairly rare thing these days.

I think he has ridden his luck a few times in both matches positionally etc but earned that luck with very strong displays for a youngsters' debut against top opposition. When he did win the ball he played it sensibly and cautiously and when in doubt whacked it long and hard. Today we saw some of that attacking ability as he attacked and made several good crosses. He really does deserve credit for taking the opportunity and it shines bright vs many of the others we have had. It is only 2 games and we shouldn't be clamouring for a World Cup spot (we do get carried away in here) but we certainly shouldn't panic when his name is on the team sheet and should see more of him in the future.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:44 AM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
'Obi' Wan Bissaka!
Crystal Ball Top 20 2018/2019
Crystal Ball WINNER! 2019/2020

Vote Moo moo2
Old 06-03-2018, 01:45 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
He's going to have a drop off at some point but he's at least as good as Ward and TFM already on the evidence so far when performing at his maximum. Frankly if we could buy TFM I'd be more than happy letting JW go or letting Damo and Kelly go on a free.

That'd give us AWB, TFM, Sakho, Tomkins, Kelly, Jach, Dann, PVA, Soare or AWB, JW, Sakho, Tomkins, TFM, Dann, Jach, PVA, Soare

it would also let us play Jeff as a winger/LM which he's pretty decent at.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 06-03-2018 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:57 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
He had a cracking game
Old 06-03-2018, 05:39 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
We’ve pulled another cracker out of the academy. MOTM for me. The kids saved the club £10m-£20m on getting a new right back.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Closed Thread