Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 05:48 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
We’ve pulled another cracker out of the academy. MOTM for me. The kids saved the club £10m-£20m on getting a new right back.
Yep, not to forget there will be no questions over his attitude as you can see his desire and work rate is there.

Last night was so disappointing but encouraging overall. But seeing another local come through at this level with the two really tough home games is what makes me proud to be Palace.

At least we've got this position nailed down now for a few years. He just needs to be looked after which I'm sure Roy and co will.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:35 AM

H.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The whole team played very well last night. Bissaka was a different class.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:47 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When I saw him mid-season, I liked what I saw, has all the basic qualities to be a great footballer. Works so well with Townsend (who always helps out his RB) and the two of the them have pretty much secured the right flank against two of the top teams in England. ....in my opinion better than both TFM and Ward when you look at both defensive and offensive work.

Must stay in the team!

Thought PVA and Schlupp were awesome on the left as well
Old 06-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
One of few highlights this season so far, can't see Ward getting his place back when he's fit.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:05 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I hope that if we get another crack at the Premier league that we'll look in our Academy first before loaning a largely untested player from another club.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:09 AM

audreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Worth mentioning that he (and Jason Lokilo) played for Congo U20s vs England about two years ago.

I'm so happy for him, he really deserves this. From the first few games I saw of him in the U18s I thought there was something there. I said before that I thought he would make his first-team debut by the age of 20, pretty happy with that prediction (back then I made some terrible predictions).

It's part of what Palace is all about, giving youngsters a chance. Credit to Hodgson who could have played Delaney and/or Jach, or PVA at RB but he didn't. Most of all credit to Aaron who has worked his arse off for years, done everything that was asked of him and until now not really seen the reward of it. Luckily Palace didn't send him on loan to League Two as they planned.
Cheers Woosie always look for your info and opinions on the yunguns...'Obi' did very well
Old 06-03-2018, 07:28 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
He's played AMAZINGLY well in these 2 games, for me has made himself first choice RB already. Definitely deserves to be in the starting 11 next game.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:29 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Was very good. Needs to work on his positioning as he was caught out loads.
The art of crow barring something negative into everything. Genius!

I can just imagine a 4 year old showing you his best painting and you saying, ‘That’s very good but you really need to work on your expression and form.’

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 06-03-2018, 08:01 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
We’ve pulled another cracker out of the academy. MOTM for me. The kids saved the club £10m-£20m on getting a new right back.
Let’s give him a few more games before saying that.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:13 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

I can just imagine a 4 year old showing you his best painting and you saying, ‘That’s very good but you really need to work on your expression and form.’
Thanks, that made me laugh for the first time since 9.45 yesterday.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
This kid could be special. He will make mistakes, as long as he learns from them then

His tackle v Rashford was incredibly well timed.

MOTM for me without doubt.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:25 AM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

This place is getting silly. Here we have another exanple of trying to shut down any balanced discussion on a player.

It is a fair comment about his positioning. No one is denying just how good he was laat night and what a major plus point he is, but he was making last ditch recovery tackles, due to being caught out of position.

Tenacious, confident, decent on the ball and seemed comfortable in advanced areas... showing this ability against Spurs and United, that is very impressive.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:26 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Superb game last night. He reminded me of when Clyne broke into the first team all those years ago.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He looks to be a 'proper' wing-back i.e. good going forward but can actually defend as well
Old 06-03-2018, 09:07 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
Superb game last night. He reminded me of when Clyne broke into the first team all those years ago.
Was thinking the same thing last night.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:11 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
How many of the kids have sat waiting for a chance over the past 5 years who haven't been given one?

Wan-Bissaka would have never started and been released eventually or sold if we hadn't have had this injury crisis and now he is turning in MOM appearances against the 2nd best team in the league.

It is a disgrace really we haven't given more players from our academy a chance and I hope the high standards set by Wan-Bissaka means we might see more eventually played, we've paid for the luxury of making a United player better when we have had our own sat waiting.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 06-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was one of the few who thought he looked out of his depth against Tottenham and wasn't keen on him starting last night.

He was brilliant.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:19 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
See Mr Parish - that's £15-20mill saved already. If only you had taken the academy more seriously and been more focused and ambitious with it five years ago, eh? All that lovely youth investment. Team of the Twenties in the making it could have been.

Still, it's been great buying 30 hasbeens/over the hills/not good enoughs in that time instead who have done pretty much fvck all for CPFC save for picking up their wages. All those autographs for the kids.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Now cough, please

HOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
See Mr Parish - that's £15-20mill saved already. If only you had taken the academy more seriously and been more focused and ambitious with it five years ago, eh? All that lovely youth investment. Team of the Twenties in the making it could have been.

Still, it's been great buying 30 hasbeens/over the hills/not good enoughs in that time instead who have done pretty much fvck all for CPFC save for picking up their wages. All those autographs for the kids.
SO are you're saying Parish should not invest in the squad next year (whatever division we're in next season) and just concentrate on the academy?
Old 06-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Looks a class act. Saves us £15m on a new RB
Closed Thread