Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 27-07-2018, 07:23 AM

shropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstone Eagle View Post
I met with a Client today who is a Season ticket holder and very much Palace.

His view is that again we are simply failing to back the Manager.

RH is a true gentleman so will not do what Pulis and Allardyce did BUT must feel let down.

DF has come up with a selection of utterly underwhelming signings and in any other Club environment would be sacked.

SP appears blinded by sentiment at times.

We have 2 weeks to go until the window shuts.

No one could argue our squad is anything other than short on numbers and quality.

Lest see
I am 'a season ticket holder and very much Palace' too, but that doesn't render me ITK or lend any great authority to my opinions! The truth is none of us know what is going on behind the scenes. It's all media fuelled speculation, inspired by journalists with column inches to fill! We'll all know come Aug 9. Till then, I counsel patience.
Old 27-07-2018, 07:29 AM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
I don't mind if things are tight financially but why did Parish come out saying we would be competitive in the transfer window. We have released a few players and so far signed no one.
Old 27-07-2018, 07:30 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
We got a goalie in
Who can't speak english

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 27-07-2018, 07:31 AM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Are you taking a years holiday?
No back in January for the January sales
Old 27-07-2018, 07:31 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I'm beginning to find it irritating that there's 31 days in July. The transfer window would be far better if the FA moved that one day back to February. Sky seem to have a lot of power in this regard, maybe they could organise it.
Old 27-07-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan eagle View Post
She didn’t say what player but she’s a palace board member
Who dougie freedmans wife
Old 27-07-2018, 07:59 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstone Eagle View Post
I met with a Client today who is a Season ticket holder and very much Palace.

His view is that again we are simply failing to back the Manager.

RH is a true gentleman so will not do what Pulis and Allardyce did BUT must feel let down.

DF has come up with a selection of utterly underwhelming signings and in any other Club environment would be sacked.

SP appears blinded by sentiment at times.

We have 2 weeks to go until the window shuts.

No one could argue our squad is anything other than short on numbers and quality.

Lest see
It’s the DF bit that doesn’t ring true. He may be the Sporting Director but we do have a Head of Recruitment and I would expect Roy and Ray to have some input let alone SP.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 27-07-2018, 08:02 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Who can't speak english
Nor can you
Old 27-07-2018, 08:06 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Nor can you
It might have been diluted by the forces years and then living amongst jocks, but it's still more south eastern than anything else

Meanwhile we have Manuel from Fawlty Towers in goal

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 27-07-2018, 08:11 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudds Eagle View Post
I've been critical of Parish in the last couple of years and to be honest that comes down to the fact that he's almost too emotional with how much of a fan he is. Obviously I don't know the guy but I feel like when the fans get restless and start tweeting stuff to him he panics and makes the big signing he feels the fans want rather than making sensible business decisions. As I said before, buying depth is key (we proved after Christmas that the first 11 can be frighteningly good when fit). We don't need a lot but we would, in my opinion, be a genuine Europa League threat with a good attacking midfielder, a good Cabaye replacement and some firepower off the bench. The fact that Hodgson wasn't making subs wasn't him being awkward it was that we genuinely had no viable replacements other than good defenders that we could use to defend a rare lead.
Not sure you make millions in your business by being worried what a know-nothing says on twitter to be honest.

Last year he went all out to get Sakho, if you take out the 2 games in Manchester where we were a shambles in the other 17 games he played we conceded 16 goals. In the 9 matches Sakho and Tomkins played the whole game together we conceded just 6 goals. There were 2 games they played a half together and we conceded 1 goal while they were both on the pitch.

Sakho was a very good buy and hopefully this season he and Tomkins will play more games together because it is an extremely good partnership.
Old 27-07-2018, 08:13 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
The trouble is confidence wanes when you hear Stevie P banging on about "basically everyone is after the same players". It tells you what we have in place in terms of proactivity, in terms of being able to unearth quality and back the courage of our convictions. It terrifies you that we're only in the hugely expensive journeyman market. Look at our own players who everyone knew were good and who went on to big things, Clyne and Moses for starters. I'm in the "cream of the Championship" camp largely, especially if we're poorish. I am sure it is very difficult in this crazy market but 3 clever additions with no outs and we really are looking good. Here's hoping.
Cream of the Championship players are £25m a time now.
Old 27-07-2018, 08:14 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
It’s the DF bit that doesn’t ring true. He may be the Sporting Director but we do have a Head of Recruitment and I would expect Roy and Ray to have some input let alone SP.
I actually think the whole post is spurious - most of the people on here are either or were season ticket holders, and have no more insight of the workings of the club than anyone else. Said ST holder may have said these things but on the basis of the context it is just one fan's opinion like everything else posted on here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 27-07-2018, 08:30 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm sorry but all the Palace season ticket holders and fans I speak to are worried about the lack of signings whilst our competitors strengthen their teams, the threadbare nature of the squad and its' lack of balance and the fact that there are injury prone members of the squad. Without reinforcements we will be very lucky to be 17th.
Old 27-07-2018, 08:40 AM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I'm sorry but all the Palace season ticket holders and fans I speak to are worried about the lack of signings whilst our competitors strengthen their teams, the threadbare nature of the squad and its' lack of balance and the fact that there are injury prone members of the squad. Without reinforcements we will be very lucky to be 17th.
What happened in January is still very fresh in the mind, as well. Hopefully this window ends better than that one did. Roy can't keep digging us out of holes at his age.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 27-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't deny people are waiting to see what happens between now and August 9th with varying levels of concern - but the way the original post was written implied that this particular ST holder had some hot line to the club and its inner workings.

Old 27-07-2018, 08:49 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Agree that this window has to be about strengthening the squad and NOT some fan appeasing big £ buy. I would love Ruben to return but not if doing so sucks the cash away from strengthening the team.

Agree , mentioned something similar before . There must be decent players who we can afford out there . Personally I feel it was a mistake spending so muck on Benteke/ Sakho . It limits our options in improving the squad . I am a RLC fan and thought he was excellent latter part of season . However he was very average up until December and then injured to April . So leaving it late to see if we can get him is a huge risk and could result in last day panic as per usual - hope I am wrong .
Old 27-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
I put the below on the Steve Parish thread but it probably is better here - and to my mind gives a fair assessment of where we are (which is a bit away from Threadbare and Unbalanced). I think the "other teams are strengthening has to be looked at in terms of where they were last year - eg Team X buys a good LB - but a) was their LB last year as good as PvA and b) is their new LB better than PvA? They can be strengthening a position that was poor last season whereas we are looking to replace a couple of players who were good in the first place, while retaining the rest who were ultimately good enough to get us finishing 11th having given the league a 7 game start and also having a striker having his worst ever season, and also having the worst injury list I can ever remember!

This started with filling in for the 9 departures....

It isn't really 9 though - and the 25 thing is just Rambo's obsession.

Of the 10 who have left the club since that January 25 was named:

3 were U21's on loan - Rakip, TFM and RLC
4 barely played after Xmas - Cavalieri, Delaney, Lee, Sako
1 played a lot - Cabaye
2 are loaned out - Jach & Mutch

Of the 25 we named in January, Dann, Punch, Wickham, Sako were all long term injured.

I would say that with Guaita in place, and AWB replacing TFM, it remains the case that subject to some players' fitness Cabaye and Loftus Cheek remain the crucial replacements

Right now we have 18 of that January 25 still at the club, plus Jairo who is now over 21 and Guaita, plus Williams, Kai Kai and Innis back from loans. I would be surprised if Innis is in the squad, but wouldn't be if JW & SK are as cover players

Most teams around us would have maybe 18-20 first team ready players and 4 or 5 emergency cover who would not expect to play regularly. I would say we are not too far away on having those 18-20 first team ready (not all of equal ability but those you would have no issues seeing on the match day team & subs sheet):

Hennessey, Guaita
Ward, Wan-Bissaka, Van Aarnholt, Schlupp
Tomkins, Sakho, Kelly (Dann if fit)
Luka, Reidewald, McArthur, Townsend
Zaha, Benteke, Sorloth, Wickham (if fit)

That leaves Speroni, Souare, Puncheon, Williams & maybe Kai Kai and Inniss as the cover.

I completely agree that we need to add 2 maybe 3 to the first team ready box - 2 midfielders (and if one can play CB like Kouyate even better) and a wide attacker.

But getting the focus on the 9 (actually 10) who aren't here is not really the way to look at it to my mind.

Last edited by Big Blue Eagle; 27-07-2018 at 08:56 AM.
Old 27-07-2018, 08:55 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Still quiet then?

Great, so just two more weeks of hitting F5 in the fruitless hope that we pull a rabbit (or a Ruben) out of a hat, before another 9 or 10 months of bloody agonising worry and stress about going down, studying staying up calculators and trying to predict half the leagues fixtures and different permutations like some sort of nut case.

In other words business as usual.
Old 27-07-2018, 09:11 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
We’ve spent more money than most of the clubs in this league for the past couple of seasons. We’ve now hit the limit of what we can afford... those moaning about not signing players for 20m (+20m wages) come across as spoilt children.
Old 27-07-2018, 09:12 AM

Seanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
Who dougie freedmans wife
Ray Clemence daughter