Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:22 PM

may blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Palace flags at away grounds

We seem to have more and more flags being taken to away games and, as the proud owner of a new Palace flag, I thought it might be useful to have a thread dedicated to flags at away games.

So, first up Fulham. I guess the key questions are:

Will they allow us to take flags in the away end?

Is there anywhere specific for us to display our flags?

How early should we be in the ground to put flags up?

Who else is planning to take a flag?

I went to the friendly at craven cottage a couple of years ago but I can't remember if there is anywhere to hang our flags as it's a single tier stand.

Any comments/help would be welcome.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Something I've always wondered in football - what's the minimum number of people required for a geographical name check on a flag?
Coulsdon Palace, Warlingham Eagles etc. 10, 20, 30, required?...or can it just be one over excited teenager?

Last edited by Prince Phillip; 04-08-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:31 PM

mether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Never lose your flag to another team.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:39 PM

may blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemay blunderer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
Something I've always wondered in football - what's the minimum number of people required for a geographical name check on a flag?
Coulsdon Palace, Warlingham Eagles etc. 10, 20, 30, required?...or can it just be one over excited teenager?
Lol. Or it could be one over excited 50 something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180607_194843.jpg (871.2 KB, 298 views)
Old 04-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whenever I see "Salford Reds" at Old Trafford I always wonder if all six of them actually know each other....
Old 04-08-2018, 08:00 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
I'm sure I read something mad about fire safety certificates a few years ago. I'll see if I can dig out the thread.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:02 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
If a "CPFC Worksop" flag pops up, we know that's just one guy.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I used to take a large St Georges cross Palace flag to away games in the late 90s. Back then our weekly tv coverage was about 30 seconds of just the goals, on the midnight highlights programme, but I used to try and see if I could position it (over all the empty seats) to get it on tv!

Back then WBA were the only team who made a fuss about having a 'fire safety certificate'. Wouldn't be surprised if more clubs use that as an excuse to not let them in these days.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 04-08-2018, 08:15 PM

I think all new flags generally have a fire safety certificate, my flag does.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:04 AM
sheeps

dbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Jubilee year was great for flags. Flags from the Croydon fire station and Barrow Rd church in Waddon, as well as numerous flags from houses got proudly displayed home and away.
Old 30-04-2019, 06:43 PM
H8 Brighton

Jimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbocpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
*BUMP* Does anyone know the size of some of our fine flags seen on away days? Particularly the red & blue ADDO, Beckenham St George's and the PTID ON TOUR.

Getting a new one, just unsure on how big to go!

JOHN BOSTOCK walks on water...everybody knows that dog shit floats!
Old 30-04-2019, 07:49 PM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whats looked good is seeing more Red and Blue Palace flags at away games and not just the generic st georges cross efforts that most other clubs have.
Really marks it out as Palace
Old 30-04-2019, 09:35 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by may blunderer View Post
Lol. Or it could be one over excited 50 something.
Nice work......where did you get it
Old 03-05-2019, 06:20 AM

BollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbocpfc View Post
*BUMP* Does anyone know the size of some of our fine flags seen on away days? Particularly the red & blue ADDO, Beckenham St George's and the PTID ON TOUR.

Getting a new one, just unsure on how big to go!
I reckon they're either 8ftx4ft or 10ftx5ft
Old 03-05-2019, 07:33 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
About 4 or 5. Well that was the case with the Edenbridge Eagles in the Eighties.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:35 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mether View Post
Never lose your flag to another team.
... Or on a train after a drunken evening.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:37 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by libran View Post
Whats looked good is seeing more Red and Blue Palace flags at away games and not just the generic st georges cross efforts that most other clubs have.
Really marks it out as Palace
Always look good at the CP Ladies games.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:00 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think the 'Wallington Eagles' one was just the C Block Lad and his twin.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 03-05-2019, 09:42 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Always look good at the CP Ladies games.
At some away games, there is Seven of us behind the goal, with Nine flags
Next Saturday, there will be plenty of flags up at Villa