Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-04-2019, 05:25 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Fed up with the whingers who never seem to be happy.

We sit in front a few at Selhurst. always moaning, without fail, week in week out that players aren't up for it, are shit, not interested, not moving, not doing their job etc. etc. etc.

I've just tweeted this in response to someoen talking about the same subject - people moaning because they're not seeing 'progress'. To me, this season IS progress of a fashion. 6 games to go and, barring a miracle, Palace can't be relegated, with only one place left up for grabs. I have this argument with my wife and son every week. I think it's to do with longevity as a fan.

When you've grown up watching Palace in the lower leagues playing the likes of Chesterfield on a rainy November afternoon, the disappointment of losing to a top 3 side in their brand new stadium pales into insignificance. Of course well all want Palace to do better, but some of the results and performances this season have been as good as any I have seen for years. There have been some abject ones too, but overall I'll take yet another season of finishing fifth in the second tier of the top flight. Those of you who want Palace to go down so that they can do better in a lesser league, are, frankly, mad.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:29 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Strongly agree re moaners. Usually have at least a couple near me at home and away games alike, who don’t sing, too busy whining. I don’t care about it on the BBS, moan to your hearts content on here. But at the games, shut up and support the bloody team.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:32 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley View Post
We sit in front a few at Selhurst. always moaning, without fail, week in week out that players aren't up for it, are shit, not interested, not moving, not doing their job etc. etc. etc.

I've just tweeted this in response to someoen talking about the same subject - people moaning because they're not seeing 'progress'. To me, this season IS progress of a fashion. 6 games to go and, barring a miracle, Palace can't be relegated, with only one place left up for grabs. I have this argument with my wife and son every week. I think it's to do with longevity as a fan.

When you've grown up watching Palace in the lower leagues playing the likes of Chesterfield on a rainy November afternoon, the disappointment of losing to a top 3 side in their brand new stadium pales into insignificance. Of course well all want Palace to do better, but some of the results and performances this season have been as good as any I have seen for years. There have been some abject ones too, but overall I'll take yet another season of finishing fifth in the second tier of the top flight. Those of you who want Palace to go down so that they can do better in a lesser league, are, frankly, mad.
Bang on the money
Old 04-04-2019, 05:33 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
My wife and son want to move because of the moaning around us. Trouble is you can't guarantee you won't get it in another area of the ground.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:34 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Good post. Wrote something similar on the Hogdson Out thread, got the usual abuse from some but would genuinely like to know if the majority of those wanting him out and demanding progress etc are ‘newer’ fans and haven’t had the bad times or the ‘Hodgson Out’ brigade are spread across all ages and fan longevity.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:35 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
It seems especially bad on here yesterday and today Al... I'm not sure what is going on.

I'm sure you are referring to being at the actual game, which must be very frustrating as you can't just tune out.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There's always loads of moaning at football, whatever level, whatever era, but it does seem to be getting worse. People are too entitled and expect someone to make life perfect for them
Old 04-04-2019, 05:40 PM
A rare visitor

For me, once you've played Man C, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal etc., going back to play in the lower leagues doesn't somehow fill me with excitement or anticipation. I love the not knowing how Palace will do against the big sides and the elation when they totally surprise. Burton Albion away, with no disrespect to that club, doesn't quite have the same appeal. Plus, look at some of the bigger clubs than Palace that are now struggling having fallen from the grace of the top flight. Give me 16th in top flight, or 4 or five places better, every day.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:41 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Its always been the way and, if we are honest with ourselves, we have all been guilty of it.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:46 PM
A rare visitor

Yes, we all moan sometimes, but the lot behind moan pretty much ALL match. I think they must have gone to moaning school and graduated with distinctions.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:51 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I wouldn't mind playing at Burton Albion? I've not been there so would certainly go there in the cup.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:53 PM
A rare visitor

I'd like Brentford, but yes, in a cup game. As far as I can see, Palace haven't played them since 1977 when they beat them 5-1.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:59 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Bitchez be bitchin'
Old 04-04-2019, 06:05 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I never moan when I’m at the game as it’s not the right time to. They deserve our support, not abuse during a game. I analyse it more on here and are more critical after the event.

However, the frustration I think (as far as I am concerned) is because I know we can play better and especially with the quality of players we’ve got. Watching a team that is exciting on paper, play like we are sitting back, defending for our lives is bad to watch. I want our team to be given the freedom to express themselves, not held back. Defensively were set up well and well drilled. Offensively we’re not IMO. I think this is part of the reason Wilf gets so frustrated.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:07 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes, we all moan sometimes, but the lot behind moan pretty much ALL match. I think they must have gone to moaning school and graduated with distinctions.
Do they moan every game regardless, when we are being outplayed by a better team, when our manager plays a team or tactics which aren't working, or when the players look like a clueless rabble, unable to land a pass or make a tackle ?
We used to have a couple of lads full of enthusiasm just along from us (AW).
They sung their hearts out to every song the HF started, bless them. Only problem was they were always a couple of bars behind the HF, and were incapable of singing in tune (tone deaf ?) You think moaning is bad ?
Fortunately they soon went off to join the "singing section".
Old 04-04-2019, 06:09 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I never moan at games other than a bit of Tourette’s when we miss a chance. Quite enjoy a moan / analysis in the pub or online.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Jesus moaning about moaning LOL

Let's be honest except for brief lapses in time(like now) we have never won anything and we have been shit...Even in our most successful times like now we are a struggling team who is one season or the next away from going down...So unlike Chelsea Man united Liverpool Spurs Man City we do have something to Grumble about ...Do we pretend it's all Red and Blue roses ?

So grumble grumble grumble
Old 04-04-2019, 06:13 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
I think you're guilty of misinterpreting some of the comments yesterday. I've supported Palace for 43 years, I'm not a plastic. What riled most fans was the gutless performance and negative tactics. We'd run up the white flag before a ball was kicked.

We haven't had so much ability in a squad for years and they're earning millions. We have enough about the team to compete. Spurs although good, are not world beaters and until we offered the usual helping hand, they were out of form (Liverpool aside). I'm pretty sure I saw some of our squad pulling out of 50/50s yesterday. Tomkins aside, the likes of Cannon, Barber and yes even Pardew had more fight in their left bollocks than was on display yesterday. 1 shot on target all game!

I would be livid if I had paid to watch that shite. You could laugh it off in 'the good old days' as it didn't dent your wallet quite so much. So I fully understand some supporters reacting as they do. We're not the only ones, Burnley fans were up in arms for a large part of the season for the same reason, the Weed too.

Football is meant to be exciting and entertaining.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
I never moan at games other than a bit of Tourette’s when we miss a chance. Quite enjoy a moan / analysis in the pub or online.
Not even when Marriner is giving one of his command performances ?
Old 04-04-2019, 06:15 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

It's the same at football grounds wherever you go, or are you suggesting it's just Palace fans ?

On the subject of Chesterfield and the 3rd division, I can remember being on the only coach for a midweek game, plenty of different opinions even amongst such a small following.

Quite an adventure for me in the mid 70's, travelling independently of my Dad to away games by train and coach spending all my wages from my first job on everything Palace. 50 years supporting them and I think it's 46 consecutive years a season ticket holder, that's a lot of moaning

For the record, I don't see next season being any different to the past few, in fact watching home games this season has been boring. I for one can't see any evidence of progression.

Some people sit in silence with there arms folded, imagine if everyone did that! The moans and groans of a crowd are all part of it.

I'll pm you my seat details so you don't move near me