Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:21 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I'm not sure there's many who want us to get relegated. But I guess I'd be one who wouldn't be that bothered if we did. Season after season in the bottom half of the table becomes something of a grind.

Having said that I seldom go to matches and have too much going on in my life to waste time moaning when we lose.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:22 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
If you want to see different grounds go to Pre-season games as they very rarely sell out.

In the last few years I have visited Dagenham, Enfield, Boreham Wood, Stevenage, Dulwich ,Bromley, Colchester, Bishops Stortford, Brentford, AFC Wimbledon and Maidstone.

Many of these grounds offer a better match experience than Premier League grounds and at many you can freely enjoy a drink whilst watching the game.

These are great matches to take children to and my 5 year old grand-daughter is now hooked on going to these smaller grounds and has already been to 5 different grounds.

COYP
Old 04-04-2019, 06:24 PM

Lydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Moaning tends to happen when you lose more than you win and play negative football.
Our home form has been shocking for years, I can forgive people for having a moan!
Old 04-04-2019, 06:26 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Hopefully we'll look back on this season, in a few years, and recognize it was basically a band aid on a tough financial situation, with the club behind the eight-ball in terms of FFP and way too much deadwood around. Steps have been taken to address much of the above and hopefully a leaner squad with a better overall quality will emerge over the next season or two.

Certain posters here have speculated that as much as £40M may be generated for the summer. Perhaps then we can finally address adding some dynamism / creativity to CM and securing a striker worthy of the title. If we can achieve that, this otherwise deeply frustrating season will have been worth it, seen in hindsight. There's the prospect of a new stand, with the extra revenue and improved experience it will bring and, finally, the possibility of fresh capital from new investors. We are an increasingly attractive club given our six seasons in the Prem and London location.

Yes, we've not had a single stretch of wins all season, have had more ups than downs and managed to lose all the most emotionally important matches but we are very nearly safe, again. We may well have accrued enough points already. Yet some here are almost pathological in their need to find fault and attack posters like HDEagle for his positivity, even if it comes with a large dose of Captain Obvious at times. I'm finding it harder to be enthused about the tone of threads we have, with a clear trend towards entitlement and whingeing for the sake of whingeing. We need to wake up to the fact that real progress will take years to build enduring foundations for, unless we become a toy for the mega-rich. I'm old enough to continue to find it a thrill just to be at the top table. It's a hell of a lot better than most of the last forty years.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:27 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
But when taken to extremes, like saying Palace would be better off being relegated? There may well be no way back again if that were to happen. Look at Coventry, Portsmouth, Bolton, Sunderland etc.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:28 PM
desperate

eagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
people do moan. were probably all guilty of it at sometime. I guess it's because we can all see that it could, with a little luck, maybe a bit more money( not mine of course! ) be quite a bit better.

But, it could, and has been, a whole lot worse.

These times are just so good compared to how bad it has been - and not just occasionally bad, but consistently bad. It's beyond comparison.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:31 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
The people behind me in the Upper Holmesdale who shout abuse all game and accuse every referee of being on the take are frankly the most entertaining thing I've seen at Selhurst all season. We should cherish them. Especially with last season's heroic pitch invader presumably still serving his ban.

Cheers Mateybribes,

Carlos
Old 04-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I try to stay as positive as I can at Palace. When I feel the need to moan I will sometimes do it on here. This is usually when we are away and I'm at home because it's fresh. Home games by the time I've walked back I've cooled down.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:39 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think moanage is part of the experience and is an important one.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:40 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
The drunk pitch invader was not even a Palace fan.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:42 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
These are the glory years, though I don’t think there’s anything wrong with some criticism when it’s fair. Keeps everybody focused

Oh and have a look at the Championship highlights this week, no one here bothers any more as we only have PL eyeballs now, but take a look the football is mainly turgid, clubs are skint and the stadiums half empty

That is not something I want to go back to without a huge fight.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:52 PM

western eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Hopefully we'll look back on this season, in a few years, and recognize it was basically a band aid on a tough financial situation, with the club behind the eight-ball in terms of FFP and way too much deadwood around. Steps have been taken to address much of the above and hopefully a leaner squad with a better overall quality will emerge over the next season or two.

Certain posters here have speculated that as much as £40M may be generated for the summer. Perhaps then we can finally address adding some dynamism / creativity to CM and securing a striker worthy of the title. If we can achieve that, this otherwise deeply frustrating season will have been worth it, seen in hindsight. There's the prospect of a new stand, with the extra revenue and improved experience it will bring and, finally, the possibility of fresh capital from new investors. We are an increasingly attractive club given our six seasons in the Prem and London location.

Yes, we've not had a single stretch of wins all season, have had more ups than downs and managed to lose all the most emotionally important matches but we are very nearly safe, again. We may well have accrued enough points already. Yet some here are almost pathological in their need to find fault and attack posters like HDEagle for his positivity, even if it comes with a large dose of Captain Obvious at times. I'm finding it harder to be enthused about the tone of threads we have, with a clear trend towards entitlement and whingeing for the sake of whingeing. We need to wake up to the fact that real progress will take years to build enduring foundations for, unless we become a toy for the mega-rich. I'm old enough to continue to find it a thrill just to be at the top table. It's a hell of a lot better than most of the last forty years.
Spot on. I agree with the analysis and reasoning of all this.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:54 PM

Location: Village of Shepherdswell, which is between Dover and Canterbury.
pots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have to be positive on Match days of else I wouldn't bother travelling up to Selhurst, I can understand being aggrieved at having to listen to non stop moaning, I have had enough of Hodgson and our turgid football but apart from the odd outburst I always support the team.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:12 PM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Put it this way, only three teams outside the top six have been in the Premier League longer than us and two of them for only one season more. Only around ten teams have been in the top two divisions longer than us and it will be one fewer next season when Ipswich go down.

Yes our home form is dreadful but we don’t have too much to complain about in the greater scheme of things.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:14 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
The drunk pitch invader was not even a Palace fan.
I don't blame him. He risks life and limb to provide the Selhurst crowd with an all too rare glimpse of entertainment, igniting faint childhood hopes that we might one day grace the Selhurst turf, meanwhile the paid professionals can barely muster a handful of open play goals across a season.

And instead of rewarding this icon, he gets tackled to the ground, dragged off and banned.

For shame, Palace, for shame.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:21 PM

Seanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've been going to see Palace for over Fiddee Yrz!
I remember le goot ol days int Div 3
I think that entitles me to the odd moan every now and again.
I just feel we are selling our potential short season in, season out. Like there's no long term plan - bodge n make do. Sorry Roy but I think you need to make way for some forward thinking young blood. Failing that Rafa Benitez...
Old 04-04-2019, 08:03 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Genuinely couldnít think of anything worse than going to football, sitting down and having to listen to a couple of knobs shouting abuse for 90 minutes. Thankfully Iím close to the HF so canít hear any of it.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:27 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanee Pawnee View Post
I've been going to see Palace for over Fiddee Yrz!
I remember le goot ol days int Div 3
I think that entitles me to the odd moan every now and again.
I just feel we are selling our potential short season in, season out. Like there's no long term plan - bodge n make do. Sorry Roy but I think you need to make way for some forward thinking young blood. Failing that Rafa Benitez...
The fact is bodge n make do should be considered a success if we continue to stay up. "This is the best squad we've ever had" is constantly trotted out on here but you could say the same about Watford, Wolves, Brighton and Bournemouth with Everton and West Ham having their strongest squads for a few years. Our current league position isn't far off where we should be.

SP isn't going to sack Roy for dull football and the irony is he gets slated on here for having 7 managers 9 years or whatever it is and yet gets stick when he doesn't sack the manager that has kept us up 2 years in a row!
Old 04-04-2019, 08:34 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
I do not have a go at the team because they are my team and I supported them even when we had to seek reelection to the league, naturally I have seen fault in many of them (but most know when they are not playing well) and the bottom line is that no players I have seen in seventy five years of watching have ever improved as a result.

Most people in life including"whingers" prefer encouragement......come on give us a smile, its really not that bad!
Old 04-04-2019, 08:51 PM

There is more moaning at matches at the incompetent officials and their failure to understand the rules than there ever is over Roy Hodgson and the Palace team.

Quite frankly I have never experienced so many bad errors as there are now in the game and Neil Warnock hit the nail on the head with his damning of the standard of officials in the Premier League and their big club bias as it is so obvious.