Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-04-2019, 09:10 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Watford are a muggy bunch of ***** on and off the pitch.
They are , but with some better management and ambition from the board , we would be in the place they are in . They have a certain spirit sadly lacking in our mob .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 16-04-2019, 09:36 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
They are , but with some better management and ambition from the board , we would be in the place they are in . They have a certain spirit sadly lacking in our mob .
Where's that then? 10th in the Premier, we are 13th. Last three seasons they have finished 13th, 17th and 14th. We have finished 15th, 14th and 11th. In the Cup final this year- we were in it in 2015/2016.

Admittedly, they do have bigger drums than us. But if that's what people want, go and join the Boys Brigade. They have some massive ones.

Last edited by FMH57; 16-04-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 16-04-2019, 10:00 AM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watford have done Amazing. Where we should be.
Hope they win the cup final, Fully deserve it and will rightly be playing European football next season.
Old 16-04-2019, 10:11 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Deeney messed up my Fantasy Football plans, as he had a decent looking double game week coming up, so I will have to go back to the drawing board on that one
Old 16-04-2019, 10:25 AM

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Where's that then? 10th in the Premier, we are 13th. Last three seasons they have finished 13th, 17th and 14th. We have finished 15th, 14th and 11th. In the Cup final this year- we were in it in 2015/2016.

Admittedly, they do have bigger drums than us. But if that's what people want, go and join the Boys Brigade. They have some massive ones.
They've done us twice for a start , are in the cup final , and as much as it pains me to say it , are a good side that play to win . They fight for it, can you honestly say that about us this year ? . They have achieved what we aspire to be in 3 seasons at the top table , overtaken us even .. So yes, they are in far better position than us , both mathematically and potentially for next season , if they win the cup they are in Europe for a start . I hate the twats, but I would far rather have the feeling their fans have got at the moment than what we have. They are better managed, better run , and have the spirit we had a few seasons back . Grudgingly that's worth praising .

Old 16-04-2019, 10:26 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
They went down to 10 and still gave Arsenal a good game.
Twice the fight we have.
We would have gone to a back 9 and defended the 1-0 loss. The hodgson way.
Old 16-04-2019, 10:27 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I ****in hate Troy “I speak my mind” Deeney.
He called the wolves striker a loser... even though he has more trophies and international caps than him... the wolves striker also hasn’t kicked a teenager in the head while lying on the ground.

He said Mertesacker lacked “balls”. That’s Mertesacker that has won the World Cup, FA Cup and over 100 international caps.

He said in a radio interview “everyone knows I’m a hard man, but even I got emotional winning at Wembley”.

What adult describes himself as a hard man?

The bloke is a fat headed David Brent.
Old 16-04-2019, 10:32 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
They've done us twice for a start , are in the cup final , and as much as it pains me to say it , are a good side that play to win . They fight for it, can you honestly say that about us this year ? . They have achieved what we aspire to be in 3 seasons at the top table , overtaken us even .. So yes, they are in far better position than us , both mathematically and potentially for next season , if they win the cup they are in Europe for a start . I hate the twats, but I would far rather have the feeling their fans have got at the moment than what we have. They are better managed, better run , and have the spirit we had a few seasons back . Grudgingly that's worth praising .

They are at the moment. They have a better more progressive manager and they have signed players that they will move on for a big profit this summer or next and they tend to get more through. We on the other hand are failing on that front. We are lagging behind them currently on ground development, style of play, player recruitment, managerial recruitment, team spirit.

You might not like them for being a small club with nerdy fans but they are getting it very right currently. We have a more passionate fan base and we have courtesy of AWB produced some youth products. However they have a number of players waiting in the wings and out on loan that will come in over the next season or so also.

Palace fan's sneering at them currently are deluded.
Old 16-04-2019, 10:43 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Is the Watford 'system' now the one? Shall we see how they get on in the next season or two?
Old 16-04-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Is the Watford 'system' now the one? Shall we see how they get on in the next season or two?
I am generally not a massive fan of how they do it overall.. however there is something to be taken from elements of it. The main things being the player and manager recruitment.

Like southampton they are having a period of getting it right. However like southampton it can go a little wrong with a couple of poor managerial appointments. FWIW i think southampton have started to make better decisions again.
Old 16-04-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
They are at the moment. They have a better more progressive manager and they have signed players that they will move on for a big profit this summer or next and they tend to get more through. We on the other hand are failing on that front. We are lagging behind them currently on ground development, style of play, player recruitment, managerial recruitment, team spirit.

You might not like them for being a small club with nerdy fans but they are getting it very right currently. We have a more passionate fan base and we have courtesy of AWB produced some youth products. However they have a number of players waiting in the wings and out on loan that will come in over the next season or so also.

Palace fan's sneering at them currently are deluded.
Palace fans sneering is understandable when you look at clubs like Watford doing better, laying foundations, and producing good football, when after 6 seasons at the the top table we are struggling for mid table places after months of dross football ( at home inparticular) and one eye on the drop.for most of it. The likes of deeny make them unpalatable, ( gangsta) but I do like the way they have very quickly become a decent side, hard to beat, and at times playing some very decent football . After 6 seasons its where we should be , and i look at watford, bournemouth, wolves, and i wonder where we could be doing better to be in the positions they are in . What is it we are not doing right ?

Old 16-04-2019, 01:36 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Palace fans sneering is understandable when you look at clubs like Watford doing better, laying foundations, and producing good football, when after 6 seasons at the the top table we are struggling for mid table places after months of dross football ( at home inparticular) and one eye on the drop.for most of it. The likes of deeny make them unpalatable, ( gangsta) but I do like the way they have very quickly become a decent side, hard to beat, and at times playing some very decent football . After 6 seasons its where we should be , and i look at watford, bournemouth, wolves, and i wonder where we could be doing better to be in the positions they are in . What is it we are not doing right ?
Striker is the main difference as they set the tempo - Benteke, Batman and Sorloth just stroll around and make us look lethargic - Ayew runs around but has an awful first touch.
Old 16-04-2019, 01:43 PM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
They are a good side. Better than us in truth, simple as that.

Their midfield is very strong.
A simple point which a lot of the BBS seem unable to grasp shown by the bizarre meltdown when we lost to them without arguably our two most important players.
Old 16-04-2019, 02:04 PM
Otis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Watford are what we need to be like.
Sad but true.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 16-04-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEFAN View Post
A simple point which a lot of the BBS seem unable to grasp shown by the bizarre meltdown when we lost to them without arguably our two most important players.
I would think it's more a reluctance to accept because in reality it shouldn't be the case when you compare time in the prem and spending on both fees and wages.
Old 16-04-2019, 03:49 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
... After 6 seasons its where we should be , and i look at watford, bournemouth, wolves, and i wonder where we could be doing better to be in the positions they are in . What is it we are not doing right ?
Having a single season particularly better than us? Watford and Bournemouth who have finished in and around and below us the past 3 seasons?

I will ignore Wolves, shall we just see how they go over say a few years. I know it is not fashionable to say that, because everything is so knee jerk today.

What foundations are Watford laying do you think?
Old 16-04-2019, 04:06 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
I would think it's more a reluctance to accept because in reality it shouldn't be the case when you compare time in the prem and spending on both fees and wages.
Watford are the big over achievers this season:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-04-2019, 04:11 PM

Pva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So we didn't fight at City
Old 16-04-2019, 04:15 PM
Casual user

Catford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Deeney messed up my Fantasy Football plans, as he had a decent looking double game week coming up, so I will have to go back to the drawing board on that one
After some agonising, I sullied myself by picking him for exactly the same reason. As was inevitable and I clearly should have forseen, he gave me a whole new reason to hate his guts.
Old 16-04-2019, 05:27 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watford lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Striker is the main difference as they set the tempo - Benteke, Batman and Sorloth just stroll around and make us look lethargic - Ayew runs around but has an awful first touch.

I used to think it was the forward line but I am convinced our Midfield is our biggest issue. It is unbalanced, lacks creativity, lacks movement, lacks urgency, lacks aggression, backwards and sideways passing. The forward line is feeding of scraps no matter who we play up there.

We played some great football towards the back end of last season with pretty much the same side bar two players; Cabaye and RLC. I knew we would miss them this season but not to the extent of where we are right now.

Luka despite his goals and let’s be honest has been average at best. Not the same player without Cabaye beside him. His corners are woeful, his passing has been shocking by his standards.

McArthur at least has some drive but runs around in circles.

Kouyate in and out of the team but I do think he should be one of first names on the team sheet, has aggression, physical presence and drive.

Schlupp has done a job but is inconsistent. Gets caught out of position so many times. Don’t really know what his best spot is.

Meyer played out of position to start with. In and out of the team after he had a run. There is a good player in there we all know it but if we are sticking to three in the middle then Luka and Kouyate need to play behind him.

We have without a doubt regressed this season. We need some major surgery on the Midfield in the summer.

Watford even though I hate to say are really where we should be. They have steadily progressed their team. They were still dangerous with 10 men last night. We would have just sat even deeper and caved to the inevitable.

Last edited by alexcpfc; 16-04-2019 at 05:30 PM.